+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bicknell is out.........finally!

Bulldog CaptFun has turned a few heads around hereCaptFun has turned a few heads around hereCaptFun has turned a few heads around hereCaptFun has turned a few heads around here CaptFun's Avatar

Re: Bicknell is out.........finally!

No way Conroy needs to stay. We need a complete housecleaning. This team and the fans need to get rid of the losing mentality the is infecting this program.

Conroy is one of us, and he may be a fine coach one day, but the problems on this team are bigger than him right now.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Do y'all realize that y'all are listening to gbg001?

Can you say "FISH!"?

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

there are positions for people who are good at getting players grades up. its called asst. athletic director for football or director of football operations. a perfect position for conroy.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

You guys need to lay off Conroy! He is one of us! He is a Former Tech Football player. He might not have to be the OC but he still should be a coach! He is very good at keeping these players eligible.
    This is exactly the mentality that got us where we are. I agree that Hines is a good guy but this good-ole-boy network has landed us an inept offense. Hines was not and is not ready to be an OC.

there are positions for people who are good at getting players grades up. its called asst. athletic director for football or director of football operations. a perfect position for conroy.
    You're a genious. I couldn't agree more. Put him in a position where he is an asset not a liability. Like I've said, I have no problem with Hines as a person, motivator, and recruiter. He's just not our guy for OC.

Bulldog CENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the ears

If you can't get someone like Zook or Robinson, take a chance and go after Todd Dodge at Southlake Carroll-- former college asst. and highly successfull 5A program. He would no trouble getting QBs to play for him.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by gbg001
    A friend of mine who is close to Charles Evans has informed me that Oakes and Bicknell has discussed an exit strategy and it is not a matter of if Bicknell goes, its a matter of timing now. Bicknell has also informed several WAC coaches that his services will be available and tha he enjoyed the competition.

Although, Crowton's name is on Oake's short list there are several potential candidates that'll be named but witheld until the final week of the regular seasons for obvious reasons. There are big names on the list but I was asked NOT to make the names public.

IT IS A GREAT DAY FOR TECH FOOTBALL!!!!!!! :icon_razz

It's about damn time!!!!
    The exit strategy could refer to a lot more things or people than Bicknell leaving. I'll believe it when I see it.

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

Is Mumme totally out of the question?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you guys want to believe it so bad that you are assuming that this is going to happen. Well...... I am doing the same thing.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let there be an announcement on Tuesday!

Varsity Bulldog finndawg has turned a few heads around herefinndawg has turned a few heads around herefinndawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I think you guys want to believe it so bad that you are assuming that this is going to happen. Well...... I am doing the same thing.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let there be an announcement on Tuesday!
    AMEN!!!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

just saw a short clip on KNOE TV from jb3's press conference.

he didn't say anything about leaving.

all he did was complain about the schedule and the road trips.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

does this sound like he is leaving ??

November 23rd Football Press Conference Quotes
    Posted Nov 23, 2004 15:09:09

</B>

HEAD COACH JACK BICKNELL

On going into the last game of the season with a chance to go 6-6 and come in 3rd place:

“The team is excited. It is extremely important to me. It gives us a chance to go 6-6 and finish in third place in the league. We were picked 7th or 8th prior to the season and to be able to finish third is very important. It is important to beat Rice after struggling with them the last two years. There is still a lot to play for. I want for the seniors to walk off the field for the last time with a good taste in their mouths. Rice is a good football team and they had a chance to beat UTEP. It should be a tough hard fought game.”

On the game being moved to Monday:

“It’s not that bad for us except of the fans. That is what I am not happy about. Some of the fans might have gone done on Saturday but now they can’t make it. As for as the team, I would much rather play at Reliant Stadium than on campus. It gives us an extra day and it allows us to give the team Thanksgiving Day off which we would not have been able to do if the game was on Saturday. It also gives us a few extra days to prepare for the option.”

On last year’s game against Rice:

“That was a low point. That was a tough game for us. I don’t know how much that factors into this week. The guys do want to show they can do a better job than that. But after the first few plays you forget about that. We got our butts kicked by them last year and want to show we are better than that.”

On the season:

“I am proud of this team. I love the kids on this team. They have great character and discipline. We have not had a stupid personal foul all year. I am just so proud of these kids. This university asks these kids to go through a lot. We played eight road games plus a game in Shreveport. They only get a chance to play three home games. I was going through the schedules of other teams and there are 51 non-BCS schools and we have played four games against top-15, which is the most in the country. There is one other team that plays three and 45 of those teams played just one top-15 school and that is counting Louisville, Utah, Southern Mississippi, any team in a non-BCS conference. That is huge burden on these kids. They have played their hearts out and have been competitive and we have won some big games. Fresno State should be a top-25 team the way they are playing right now. It has been an up and down year but we have been up against and did our best. We have stuck together but this is a key game. If we can get this game, we would feel very good about going 6-6 and finishing third in the WAC.”

On Ryan Moats

“Ryan has done right about what I though he would do. There are certain games and runs that exceeded my expectations. It is a shame that he was not healthy the entire season. There were some games in the middle of the season where he was hobbling around. When he is 100%, he has been unstoppable this year. “

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    ,,,,We played eight road games plus a game in Shreveport. They only get a chance to play three home games.
    Dang, I must be losing my mind ! ! ! !

And, there I thought I went to games in Ruston against Nevada, ULL, Fresno, and UTEP ????????

1+1+1+1 = 3

OK, I've got it figured out now.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    does this sound like he is leaving ??
    Short answer: NO

I am afraid he will be here for at least one more year. Why would Reneau want to get rid of this guy? He is relatively cheap, is puppy dog loyal to his "master", and is capable of leading a mediocre football program....all of which DR is more than satisfied with.

Hell, he fits the profile perfectly!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

He sounds like a coach making his case for the poor 2004 record. He also sounds like a coach covering all of the right bases (correct references to loving his kids and the fans) and doesn't want to burn any bridges. IMHO, he also sounds like a coach that doesn't have a clue that he is about to get the axe. OK>> I can dream!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Amazing! If this guy spent as much time preparing the team as he does preparing statements to defend his pitiful record.........

Surely somebody else prepares this stuff for him. It's gotta be a democrat.

+ Reply to Thread