+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What about Univ. of Texas DC Greg Robinson?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs Up What about Univ. of Texas DC Greg Robinson?

Great front page article in the Dallas Morning News about the Univ. of Texas DC Greg Robinson, age 53. He won 3 Rose Bowls under Terry Donahue at UCLA and won 2 Super Bowls with Mike Shanahan in Denver. To quote Mack Brown, " I hired him because of his confidence for calling plays in big games and calling defenses at the highest level. He pushes so hard, he pushes other people around him."

To quote Robinson, "I'm not looking to bag and leave here. I'm learning a lot from Mack and the rest of the staff, and I'm really enjoying myself. If I'm lucky enough to be a head coach one day, great! But I am not worried about that right now."

He is also considered a recruiting genius! And he would do a excellent job in the Texas/Louisiana market.

He currently makes $205,000 at UT to be their DC.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 11-23-2004 at 03:12 PM.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Re: What about Univ. of Texas DC Greg Robinson?

I believe that I have heard here in Austin that this is just a temporary stay for him. He's rumored to be looking for a HC job somewhere. I'll try to find a source for this sometime.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rickeydad
    I believe that I have heard here in Austin that this is just a temporary stay for him. He's rumored to be looking for a HC job somewhere. I'll try to find a source for this sometime.
    I heard the same. I would sure like to be in line for Mr.Robinson's services. Somebody please e-mail this guy's name to JO or RW. I can not find his e-mail address.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

If things went right here in Austin, Greg Davis (OC) and not Greg Robinson (DC)will be gone at the end of the season. Heaven help us if Greg Davis gets a shot at Tech. He's from Louisiana - started his coaching at McNeese, spent some time at Tulane. I might just start rooting for NLU/ULM if that happens. Fortunately, when he is gone we (UT) might actually beat OU next year.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Great article in the Dallas Morning News about the Univ. of Texas DC Greg Robinson, age 53. He won 3 Rose Bowls under Terry Donahue at UCLA and won 2 Super Bowls with Mike Shanahan in Denver. To quote Mack Brown, " I hired him because of his confidence for calling plays in big games and calling defenses at the highest level. He pushes so hard, he pushes other people around him."

To quote Robinson, "I'm not looking to bag and leave here. I'm learning alot from Mack and the rest of the staff, and I'm really enjoying myself. If I'm lucky enough to be a head coach one day, great! But I am not worried about that right now."

He is also considered a recruiting genius! And he would do a excellent job in the Texas/Louisiana market.

He currently makes $205,000 at UT to be their DC.
    Works for me. We need to talk to this guy before somebody else does.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Works for me. We need to talk to this guy before somebody else does.

HD
    Michael, do you have a e-mail address for JO and maybe a link to this DMN article to send him?

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawgs03
    Thanks!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Thanks!
    Sorry Tyler......I was away from the computer for a while. But it looks like bulldawg03 took care of your request.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Sorry Tyler......I was away from the computer for a while. But it looks like bulldawg03 took care of your request.

HD
    No problem. I got my letter off to him although it was short and probably comes across a tad lame. Follow-ups would be great guys! I wish I could have linked him to the DMN article.

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice

You guys need to understand that this guy would not leave a DC or OC postion at a BCS school to be the head coach at Tech. If he is that good he will hold out for a better job. Oakes could not hire him because of his reputation. Those guys will not come to Tech to work for him where ther is No committment from the president. It just a hard fact but you might as well deal with it.

Guys that you could hire:

Todd Dodge from the high school level but he is going to Texas as the OC where he will make more money then the head coach at La Tech

Mike Collins at LSU would love to come to Tech--from Ruston, Two years under one of the best if not the best college coach in the country--Strong ties with Louisiana High school coaches and Texas high school coaches which will help in recruiting--and will put together a staff of Louisiana guys.

Ron Zook, Greg Davis, etc..--pipe dream

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Michael:

What is Mike Collins' current duties at LSU, and what is his resume like?

Thanks.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG28
    You guys need to understand that this guy would not leave a DC or OC postion at a BCS school to be the head coach at Tech. If he is that good he will hold out for a better job. Oakes could not hire him because of his reputation. Those guys will not come to Tech to work for him where ther is No committment from the president. It just a hard fact but you might as well deal with it.

Guys that you could hire:

Todd Dodge from the high school level but he is going to Texas as the OC where he will make more money then the head coach at La Tech

Mike Collins at LSU would love to come to Tech--from Ruston, Two years under one of the best if not the best college coach in the country--Strong ties with Louisiana High school coaches and Texas high school coaches which will help in recruiting--and will put together a staff of Louisiana guys.

Ron Zook, Greg Davis, etc..--pipe dream
    How is it that for an outstanding former player, Louisiana Tech goes from "we" and "us" to "guys that you could hire". I wish you'd dream a little bigger! If we're making a change, lets hope there's some repentance on the part of the administration and a committment to winning that comes with it!

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice

Mike Collins is the Linebacker's Coach at LSU! He was the DC for Middle Tennessee before accepting the job at LSU!

Markay

I want NO part of an Oakes run athletic department! I am also just letting you know the facts about who might take a head coaching job at Tech! A little reality! You will not get an OC DC coach from the Top 5 schools in the Big 12 or SEC to coach at Tech! It will not happen!

Oakes has turned off the former players! That is just a fact! What is funny is how he gets a pass and these coaches have to take all the blame. No decent coach would take this job with the type of scheduling Oakes is going to put on him. It is a job set up to FAIL!

Markay

I want NO part of an Oakes run athletic department!
    Sorry but I didn't see her ask.

I am also just letting you know the facts about who might take a head coaching job at Tech! A little reality! You will not get an OC DC coach from the Top 5 schools in the Big 12 or SEC to coach at Tech! It will not happen!
    I guess we will find out someday.

Have a great Turkey day Michael. I am out the door headed for the Big Easy.

+ Reply to Thread