+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What about Univ. of Texas DC Greg Robinson?

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar

Re: What about Univ. of Texas DC Greg Robinson?

You never know who will take the job unless you ask, Big Dog.

Last year I mentioned LSU defensive coordinator Will Muschamp as a possibility for you guys, but nobody seems to be doing that this time around. Hey, our defense is still pretty good. He is being mentioned for other vacancies around the country also.

I would not go with Mike Collins. I'm sure he is a nice guy, and I know he was acquitted, but something about that car crash last year does not pass muster with me. I know UTEP gave Mike Price a shot at redemption and it's paying off for them, but Price is a proven commodity; Collins is not. I just think La. Tech can do better if they try harder, and should at least try to get a squeaky clean head coach who is a proven leader and winner.

Puppy cowboy is an unknown

What about Chris Hatcher or Hal Mummee?

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstorm
    Last year I mentioned LSU defensive coordinator Will Muschamp as a possibility for you guys, but nobody seems to be doing that this time around. Hey, our defense is still pretty good. He is being mentioned for other vacancies around the country also.

I think muschamp would be great. his former georgia teammates are the d-line coach and db coach at lsu as well. either one would make a good d.c. under muschamp. i dont know if he could convince hatcher (whom he worked with at valdosta) to come be his o.c., but if he couldnt, his former teammate at georgia and current georgia qb coach mike bobo would be a great choice.

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice

I know Will and he would not come to Tech to be the head coach. Both he and Jimbo Fisher are waiting for the right job and it will be at a BCS school. They both make more then Jack Bicknell at LSU.

You guys need to listen and pay attention! You are wearing rose colored glasses!

Hal Mumme would more then likely come! That is the type of candidate that Tech can hire at this time and it will not be easy!

Big Dog b_hoss_mac is an unknown

Michael,

There are a lot of top-notch BCS assistants and non-BCS head coaches (like Utah's Urban Meyer and Boise's Dan Hawkins, to name a couple) that are all wanting to land an HC spot in a BCS conference.

Unless they get very lucky, Muschamp and Fisher could be waiting a long, long time for that big break.

They'd be better off proving they can win at a mid-major, then the majors would definitely come calling. Again, look at Meyer and Hawkins. But different strokes for different folks. If they are happen in Baton Rouge, more power to them.

It's a tough field with very limited jobs opening up every year at premier colleges, they could be waiting the rest of their lives and never get that opportune spot.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG28

Oakes has turned off the former players! That is just a fact! What is funny is how he gets a pass and these coaches have to take all the blame. No decent coach would take this job with the type of scheduling Oakes is going to put on him. It is a job set up to FAIL!
    BD28,

I have heard this from others including some former players, yet no one has elaborated. What happened? How can we mend these fences.

HD's idea of a 'wall of fame' and others who suggested former players getting bricks at the stadium could go along way to making these former Dogs feel at home again. What about a Letterman's club? Can something be done to re-gain this valuble resource for our athletic program?

DFiH

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Robinson continues to look good to me. And at $205,000 the price is right.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG28
    ...Ron Zook, Greg Davis, etc..--pipe dream
    Trust me, you really don't want Greg Davis.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rickeydad
    Trust me, you really don't want Greg Davis.
    You are correct!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Okay......I'll play your little game and BITE!

Why would Davis be a bad choice?

I hate it when people act smug about something like this but don't cough up "the rest of the story". Please enlighten us.

HD

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Okay......I'll play your little game and BITE!

Why would Davis be a bad choice?

I hate it when people act smug about something like this but don't cough up "the rest of the story". Please enlighten us.

HD
    Davis was considered when JBIII was hired...he elected to remain at Texas as DC for about $150,000 at the time.

He was HC at Tulane and they were awful under him. He ha discipline problems and was just a damned poor HC.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    Davis was considered when JBIII was hired...he elected to remain at Texas as DC for about $150,000 at the time.

He was HC at Tulane and they were awful under him. He ha discipline problems and was just a damned poor HC.
    Thanks.

HD

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    Because he couldn't bring his own staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Because he couldn't bring his own staff?
    That was probably part of it.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather have RC Slocum than any of those guys at Texas. Slocum averaged 9 wins/season in 14 years at A&M and never had a losing season. I wonder if he's interested in coaching again.

+ Reply to Thread