+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will the game be shown anywhere Mon.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Will the game be shown anywhere Mon.

I can't imagine that it would be, but does anyone know for sure.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Re: Will the game be shown anywhere Mon.

Why the heck is it being played on Monday if it's not being televised?

Puppy vermdawg is on the way down

I heard the reason it's being played on Monday is because the Texans didn't want the game played the day before their Sunday game vs. the Titan's. Doesn't Rice have their own stadium? Why would you play a game in a 70,000 seat stadium when only 15,000 will show up?

Varsity Bulldog gbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around here

An article that I read says that Rice wanted to play at Reliant so that the low attendance wont hurt their attendance mandated requirements set by the NCAA. They are fully aware that the attendace will be much the same no matter the venue but they dont want that low attendace putting them in probation.......or leading up to it.

About the game being televised, what station would risk a loss competing against the NFL? Not to mention that neither team is going bowling.
    Under every Bush there is dirt. :icon_wink

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

There are least 2 Texas high school playoff games now scheduled for Saturday at Rice Stadium.

Moving the game to a Monday less than two weeks before the scheduled date is several months too late to get TV coverage.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    I can't imagine that it would be, but does anyone know for sure.
    Let's hope there is no coverage, I can not and will not endure another embarrassing loss on TV, especially to Rice. Dave Nitz will do just fine.
    Last edited by TECH88; 11-26-2004 at 02:32 PM.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

When things go sour for Tech, in any sport, Nitz gets that "frustrated" tone in his voice. It's kind of a matter-of-fact, here we go again, tone. Reminds me of the Braves' broadcaster, Skip Carey, when they are having a bad game. When the other team is scoring: "base hit...one run scores....two runs score..." Like, oh $hit! here it comes!

Listen Monday about the time Rice completes its fourth or fifth easy TD drive. Nitz's tone will change from the beginning of the game from one of cautious optimism to one of complete disgust with the football team's play. Dave Nitz will never say that Bicknell sucks, on the air or in any public forum, but he doesn't have to say it, you can hear it in his tone of voice.

Ya gotta luv it!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vermdawg
    I heard the reason it's being played on Monday is because the Texans didn't want the game played the day before their Sunday game vs. the Titan's. Doesn't Rice have their own stadium? Why would you play a game in a 70,000 seat stadium when only 15,000 will show up?
    Wishful thinkin', I'd bet on fewer than 5,000. I don't know what the announced attendence will be, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were 3000 or so.

+ Reply to Thread