+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSU Eliminates the SEC from the Indy Bowl

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

LSU Eliminates the SEC from the Indy Bowl

Kind of funny that the Tiggers just put out any real hope the Indy Bowl has to have one of their precious SEC teams play. Barring Florida/Bama taking the inexplicable tack of choosing Shreveport over Nashville, the Indy Bowl will be looking elsewhere for teams.

Of course, this just continues to point out the seriousness of Bicknell's failure this year.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: LSU Eliminates the SEC from the Indy Bowl

I can honestly say I was quite joyful watching that game yesterday. No, I am never glad to see LSU win per se, but really, it wouldn't have mattered much if LSU finished 8-3 instead of 9-2. Besides, I am happy for Rudy Niswanger, a kid I recruited out of OCS when I was still doing that scouting service business.

But, I was thrilled to see LSU whip the Indy Bowl! Those morons on the Indy Bowl committee who have sold their souls to the SEC just got nailed by 'em! Hah!

Ya know, the Indy Bowl should invite Arkansas and Nebraska. So what if neither is actually bowl eligible, the NCAA should give the Loser Bowel a pass on that.

Varsity Bulldog CAJUNNATION is just really niceCAJUNNATION is just really niceCAJUNNATION is just really niceCAJUNNATION is just really niceCAJUNNATION is just really niceCAJUNNATION is just really niceCAJUNNATION is just really niceCAJUNNATION is just really niceCAJUNNATION is just really nice CAJUNNATION's Avatar

Particularly if Boston College beats Syracuse(likely), Troy seems to have the inside shot to get the Indy bid, at least according to people I trust.

An SBC team getting an at-large bid.

Go SBC!

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNNATION
    Particularly if Boston College beats Syracuse(likely), Troy seems to have the inside shot to get the Indy bid, at least according to people I trust.

An SBC team getting an at-large bid.

Go SBC!
    You maybe right, but as a Shreveport native, I had rather see the Independence Bowl canceled rather than Troy in the game. That puts the Independence Bowl, right back where they were in the days before the conference ties, which alot of Tech fans would like to see.

I would not. A CUSA, WAC, or MWC team would be fine, BUT please not a Sunbelt Team, what a joke of a football conference. This bowl would instantly lose any credibility that he had gained over the past 7 years, if it choses to place a Sunbelt team in.

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown

TechDawgMc said:

Of course, this just continues to point out the seriousness of Bicknell's failure this year.
    Thanks a bunch Jacko . . .

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Collegefootballnews.com has Okie St. and Pitt. playing each other in the Indy bowl. That would have been a great matchup last year with Fitzgerald & Woods.
    They've got Troy in the Las Vegas bowl vs. New Mexico. This is the most shuffling of teams I have seen in a long time because these bcs conferences can't fill all of their bowl slots and the non-bcs conferences are moving on up.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1
    You maybe right, but as a Shreveport native, I had rather see the Independence Bowl canceled rather than Troy in the game. That puts the Independence Bowl, right back where they were in the days before the conference ties, which alot of Tech fans would like to see.

I would not. A CUSA, WAC, or MWC team would be fine, BUT please not a Sunbelt Team, what a joke of a football conference. This bowl would instantly lose any credibility that he had gained over the past 7 years, if it choses to place a Sunbelt team in.
    I would love to see a no name team play in the IB. They deserve nothing more. They are a nothing bowl and deserve it. They can't even find a sponsor. After the way they treated Tech I can't believe you would still want to support them.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Since Syracuse is now 6-5, wonder if they might figure in the Indy Bowl picture. But, I would think 'Cuse would already have a place to go with one of the BE tie-ins.

I hope the Indy Bowel comes out on the short-end, no matter what happens.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Since Syracuse is now 6-5, wonder if they might figure in the Indy Bowl picture. But, I would think 'Cuse would already have a place to go with one of the BE tie-ins.

I hope the Indy Bowel comes out on the short-end, no matter what happens.
    The Big East has 5 eligible teams plus Notre Dame and only 4 bids to distribute. So two teams will be looking elsewhere for a game.

Varsity Bulldog gbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around here

Wait just a damn minute! Now you can wish the Indy Bow ill (i'm cool with that), you can bash the Sunbelt conference (i'm cool with that) but don't bash Troy. Troy was head and shoulders better than Tech this year and I dont care who likes or dislikes this comment. That team beat a Big XII and they played LSU a Hell of a lot better than we did. That team has a winning record, a decent schedule, and they are deserving of a bowl. If the Independence bowl shuns them like they did us i'd be really pissed. I certainly dont want to see some lackluster team from a BCS conference get the bid just because they are from a BCS conference. Its funny how we continue to bash teams from the Sunbelt though they are clearly better than our poorly led and coached team. Let's talk our crap when we earn the right to do so!
    Under every Bush there is dirt. :icon_wink

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    I would love to see a no name team play in the IB. They deserve nothing more. They are a nothing bowl and deserve it. They can't even find a sponsor. After the way they treated Tech I can't believe you would still want to support them.
    I agree, WE all LOVE TECH, we want what is best for them. The Independence Bowl, did decline us the opportunity to play there. Do you blame them? Lets face THE TRUTH.

If you were a Shreveport native or average football fan (not of one particular team, which 95% of Shreveport fits this category) who had you rather watch? An Ole Miss vs. Nebraska or a Louisiana Tech vs. Missouri matchup? Lets try to be unbiased here for once! Even though I know it is hard.

Now that the Independence Bowl is back in that position and Tech is not a factor, I have the guts to admit, I can see where they were coming from....

As a Tech fan that has no shot of watching his team in a bowl, and as a Shreveport native that cares about the economy of the city I live in, I DO NOT WANT TROY and their 40 fans HERE! Anyone else.

I am not saying they are not deserving of the New Orleans bowl, or of the Fort Worth bowl, I know they played better than Tech this year, I know they beat some good teams, I just dont want them in Shreveport!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

As a Tech fan that has no shot of watching his team in a bowl, and as a Shreveport native that cares about the economy of the city I live in, I DO NOT WANT TROY and their 40 fans HERE! Anyone else.
    Troy State averaged over 21,000 at home this year--more than Tech even without the Tulsa debacle. I'd be shocked if several thousand didn't come to Shreveport if the Trojans are invited.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I agree, WE all LOVE TECH, we want what is best for them. The Independence Bowl, did decline us the opportunity to play there. Do you blame them? Lets face THE TRUTH.

If you were a Shreveport native or average football fan (not of one particular team, which 95% of Shreveport fits this category) who had you rather watch? An Ole Miss vs. Nebraska or a Louisiana Tech vs. Missouri matchup? Lets try to be unbiased here for once! Even though I know it is hard.

Now that the Independence Bowl is back in that position and Tech is not a factor, I have the guts to admit, I can see where they were coming from....

I am not saying they are not deserving of the New Orleans bowl, or of the Fort Worth bowl, I know they played better than Tech this year, I know they beat some good teams, I just dont want them in Shreveport!
    I don't want the 40 fans here either. I want everyone to turn them down and them to end up with no one. Yes, I do blame them. When we were 9-2 sitting at home I knew Hell would freeze over before I ever supported that bowl. The area was excited about Tech and it would have been a great matchup. Of course I am talking about the year the LSU fans cried to keep us out. And, the place would have been packed. I hope your loser bowl folds. There are too many out there anyway.

Puppy Badgerwolf is on the way downBadgerwolf is on the way down Badgerwolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck
    Troy State averaged over 21,000 at home this year--more than Tech even without the Tulsa debacle. I'd be shocked if several thousand didn't come to Shreveport if the Trojans are invited.
    Troy opened the season beating Marshall on the road, they played and beat a ranked Mizzou at home, and played and barely lost to LSWho on the road. They stumbled in conference, but this is a team that can and will play very well with the BCS boys.

They will bring many, many fans to the Indy Bowl. Their fans support their team; as a new 1-A it will be Troy's first 1-A bowl and their fans will follow their team!
    We Are A-State!!!
    Respect All -- Fear None!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Troy beating Missouri is no big feat. Missouri managed an OT upset of Iowa State today to take them to a grand total of 5 wins....that's not a good team!

+ Reply to Thread