+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: Most embarassing loss in I-A

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Poll: Most embarassing loss in I-A

There are too many to count. Louisiana Tech has suffered more "embarrasments" in the last 5 years than in the previous 80-year history of Tech football.

Having said that, last year's loss at LSU really sticks out for me. Tech was humiliated in front of our own Louisiana citizens.

For years, Tech fans had cried out for a game against the Tigers, and in most years I truly believe Tech could have made a real game of it, and even won a few. But in 2003, the Dawgs never got off the bus, and instead chose to rely on the excuse that "LSU was just too good!". Fact is, against LSU, Bicknell and the 2003 Dawgs did a huge disservice to every man who's ever worn a Bulldog uniform. Eleven women could have put up a better fight than what the Dawgs did against LSU in 2003. For that, I'll never forgive Bicknell.

I'll never forget watching Tech go down 40something to nothing, and also having to sit in that sports bar and listen to LSU fans make fun of Tech defensive lineman Ladarius Love (6-4, 330). Love, who appeared to be at least 50 lbs overweight, was literally "wobbling" on the field, and looked terrrible. The LSU fans were repeatedly laughing at Love and and talking about how a "fat guy like that could never play at LSU".

Yep, the LSU game was a low point.

HD
    Last edited by HogDawg; 11-28-2004 at 01:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread