+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cajuns Gobble Up Rice

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar

Cajuns Gobble Up Rice

UL Lafayette - 75
    Rice - 61

The game was played this afternoon (Saturday) in Lafayette. The Cajuns (2-1) shot better than 50% from the field and forced Rice (2-1) into 30 turnovers. The most turnovers Rice had in any game last season was 25, and had only committed 24 (total) in their two previous games this season. This Cajun team that beat La Tech in Baton Rouge last Friday may turn out to be a pretty good basketball team afterall.

Good luck to Tech for the remainder of the season, the Cajuns will appreciate all the help they can get in continuing to improve their RPI!!!!

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Re: Cajuns Gobble Up Rice

Congrats to the Cajuns. They are a very good team. I don't understand how the Cajuns lost to LSU. It looks like the Cajuns will be dancing at the end of the season. Good luck to the Cajuns the rest of the way. On a side note, did anyone notice Nevada went to Athens and beat Georgia. Maybe Rice isn't the best team in the WAC? Nevada, Rice, and UTEP(who beat Arizona St.) are going to be fighting to get into the dance at the end of the year. Wish we could say the same.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I hope UTEP, Rice, Nevada and maybe someone else from the WAC goes dancing. Tech can use the money.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Who said Rice was the best team in the WAC?

I think they are below UTEP, Nevada, and us. They aren't that special.

Big Dog b_hoss_mac is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    Who said Rice was the best team in the WAC?

I think they are below UTEP, Nevada, and us. They aren't that special.
    Rice was the preseason choice in the WAC. I personally like UTEP. They have the most talent, but they also have a new coach and that factored into the choice.

Omar Thomas — WHO SHOULD BE A BULLDOG DANGIT — will be the Player of the Year in the WAC and will be a first round draft pick in the NBA next year.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by b_hoss_mac
    Omar Thomas — WHO SHOULD BE A BULLDOG DANGIT — will be the Player of the Year in the WAC and will be a first round draft pick in the NBA next year.
    There's no way Thomas will be a first round draft pick, you've lost your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog
    There's no way Thomas will be a first round draft pick, you've lost your mind!
    Once again, we disagree. You think Blankenship can play, and I don't. I think Thomas will be a first round pick, and you don't. Thomas can flat out play and put the ball in the hole. He will be the Player of the Year in the WAC, even though Millsap is better. Thomas is a scorer, pure and simple. I challenge you to find a better one in the WAC — or the country for that matter.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't say Thomas can't play, I said he won't be a first round pick. I am very impressed by his abilities, but he's no where near a first rounder. If you want journalistic credibility, you shouldn't get so carried away.

I don't know how many times I have to prove you wrong concerning Blankenship. You said he would never sniff the court at TU, I said he would start. He started several games last year and was their POG twice. He will be logging significant minutes for the Golden Hurricane before the year is over. I'm telling you right now, just like I did last season.

BTW, I also told you Tram Davis was our best receiver, you heartily disagreed. Go check the stats. At some point, you should concede.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Advantage boxerdog.

HD

boxer,

First of all, this has nothing to do with "journalistic credibility." My opinion is that by the end of the year, Omar Thomas will have upgraded his draft status to the first round. Period. If my opinion turns out to be wrong, I lose my journalistic credibility? If that's the case, I lost it A LONG TIME AGO.

About Tram Davis, I'll squirm out of this one by conceding that he has the best stats (most catches and receiving yards) out of any WR on our team. However, to call him the "best" receiver we have would mean one of our receivers has to be considered "good." Since we don't have any "good" receivers on our team, we can't have a "best" receiver. He's been the most productive — and I use that as a relative term because 24 catches for less than 500 yards is very UNPRODUCTIVE in my books.

Another thing, don't get confused by stats alone. The defensive stats show that Lee Johnson — with 67 tackles — is one of the best players on our defense. Do you believe that? I don't.

About Blankenship ... again, this year he's played 5.5 minutes a game and has two assists total. No points. No boards. Nothing. Looking at last year's stats, Kyle played in 14 games with 7 starts and averaged just 2.3 points, 1 rebound and 1 assist per game in a little over 14 minutes of action. Now, is that acceptable for any player to be considered "good" on the Division 1 level. You thought Kyle could play at Tech, and I just don't see it — at all. He's a nice kid. Met him and have talked to him. He's not Division 1 material.

b-hoss,

First off, Thomas simply isn't the type of player that will get drafted in the first round of the NBA, surely you recognize what I'm saying. How does he score the majority of his points? IN THE PAINT! Do you really think he will be able to score like that in the NBA? Thomas doesn't have good ball-handling skills, he's not an outside shooter, and he's around 6'5. Do the math.

As for Kyle: First, you should evaluate his productivity per minute played. Second, you do realize that he is a point guard, and much of the intangibles of a true point are hidden from the stat sheet? Analyze the offensive productivity of the team while he is on the court, that would give you a better picture. For example, how many points is Haskins worth for our team? How many does he score himself? Third, you have no idea what Blankenship has had to overcome to get his playing time. If he was given the same starting place as TU's other guards, he would be their starter, no questions asked. I'm telling you, once again, that he will be a significant contributor before the season's over.

Finally, it's not Tram Davis' fault that we don't throw the ball. I'm sure he would have better numbers if we aired it out. I just told you he was the best on our team, you disagreed.

Need we get into all of your other "predictions" for both football and basketball?

+ Reply to Thread