+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable...Tulsa Beats UTEP

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar

Unbelievable...Tulsa Beats UTEP

UTEP accepts EV1.com Houston Bowl bid and promptly goes out and loses to Tulsa. See the link below for the ESPN write-up. Wonder if the bowl committee regrets their decision now?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=243320202

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Unbelievable...Tulsa Beats UTEP

Members of a bowl committee have no one to blame but themselves when they extend a bid to a team that still has games remaining on the schedule.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Guys I really hope there were not many of you that didn't think they were overrated. We should have won that game. We played like hammered crap and were in the game with 6 min.'s left to play. Honestly as bad as we played that day a real team would have been up on us by a lot more by then. That was not a top-25 team I saw that day and I still contend that if we hadn't of beaten Fresno the week before Fresno would've been up for the UTEP game and beaten them as well. Oh well , the Houston Bowl has a higher payout than the WAC bowls so I'm glad they are going. More money for us.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

We need a new coaching staff -- top to bottom.

jmo

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I told you guys UTEP SUCKS! This is just further proof. Nobody goes from a 2-10 record in 2003 to 8-2 (or whatever UTEP's record was before meeting Tulsa) in 2004 without allot of smoke and mirrors. Mike Price certainly hasn't had time to improve the talent base. They are still UTEP players, and they still SUCK!

HD

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    I told you guys UTEP SUCKS! This is just further proof. Nobody goes from a 2-10 record in 2003 to 8-2 (or whatever UTEP's record was before meeting Tulsa) in 2004 without allot of smoke and mirrors. Mike Price certainly hasn't had time to improve the talent base. They are still UTEP players, and they still SUCK!

HD
    Goes to show you what a real coach can do for a program.

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    We need a new coaching staff -- top to bottom.

jmo
    Couldn't agree more!!! The sooner the better. We need to start a pool on how long it takes after the conclusion of the Rice game for DR & JO to pull the trigger. I say 36.5 hours. That puts the announcement at approx 10 AM Wednesday 12/1.

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown

1 PM Tuesday

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

UTEP is garbage and after Price leaves (anyone think he wants the Nebraska job?) they'll be the same ole seller dwellers they've always been. I hope we get an announcement on Tuesday, but I'm not optomistic. I've trusted the administration too many times. After 5 years of getting disappointed, I've drastically lowered my expectations.

Varsity Bulldog gbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around here

UTEP may suck but they still deserve to go to a Bowl. As Bill Parcells said, "YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE!"

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that the Tech administration handles the search for a coach better than they have managed the athletic department as a whole. With our luck they'll go out and get somebody worse.
    Under every Bush there is dirt. :icon_wink

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg

HD
    So, how will a new coach help our team? We struggled with UTEP 3 times out of 4.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won
    So, how will a new coach help our team? We struggled with UTEP 3 times out of 4.
    La Tech can't help but do better with a new coach. Louisiana Tech football has a much longer "history of success" than UTEP football does. People forget just how bad UTEP football has been over the years. For the Miners, "3 win" seasons (or less) are almost commonplace. I believe Louisiana Tech has already played in more Div 1A bowl games than UTEP, even though UTEP has played in the NCAA's highest classification at least 30 years longer.

HD

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won
    HELLO!!!
    Is anybody home?

Quote Originally Posted by DawginBR
    HELLO!!!
    Is anybody home?

And the church said, AMEN!!!

HD

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawginBR
    HELLO!!!
    Is anybody home?
    I was replying to HD, who said:

"I told you guys UTEP SUCKS! This is just further proof. Nobody goes from a 2-10 record in 2003 to 8-2 (or whatever UTEP's record was before meeting Tulsa) in 2004 without allot of smoke and mirrors. Mike Price certainly hasn't had time to improve the talent base. They are still UTEP players, and they still SUCK!"

My point was that we struggled with UTEP when they didn't have Price. (HD said the UTEP players suck) If we get a new coach next year, we will still have the same players (comparable to UTEP's). If we were to turn it around too (like UTEP did), would next year's season be considered "smoke and mirrors" too (to HD)? No.

The simple explanation is that UTEP had some great athletes who were not coached well. When a quality coach came in....they started winning. I think we are in a similar position as UTEP was last year.

My only point is that a coach can make a difference. I think HD was saying that while Price is a good coach, he shouldn't have made that big of a difference at UTEP because the players there suck. If we struggled with Nord's teams and lost to Price's team, where does that put our talent?

+ Reply to Thread