+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Dropping out of Champs and Season Tickets

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

I'm Dropping out of Champs and Season Tickets

After long, tiring thought on the subject, I'm suspending my CHAMPS donation and season tickets for as long as Jack Bicknell III is the head football coach at Louisiana Tech.

When/if Louisiana Tech shows some commitment and responsibility by replacing JBIII, then I'll resume (and possibly increase) my level of giving.

More assistant coaching changes, revised scheduling,... will not rectify the situation. I'm absolutely SICK of every team we play being a "great football team" regardless of their record.

Jack Bicknell is a growing CANCER, a tumor which is killing our once proud football program.

That's MY incentive plan to Louisiana Tech.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: I'm Dropping out of Champs and Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    After long, tiring thought on the subject, I'm suspending my CHAMPS donation and season tickets for as long as Jack Bicknell III is the head football coach at Louisiana Tech.

When/if Louisiana Tech shows some commitment and responsibility by replacing JBIII, then I'll resume (and possibly increase) my level of giving.

More assistant coaching changes, revised scheduling,... will not rectify the situation. I'm absolutely SICK of every team we play being a "great football team" regardless of their record.

Jack Bicknell is a growing CANCER, a tumor which is killing our once proud football program.

Please make your decision known now to tech. I would let ronnie walker know.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin

This every team we play is "a great football team" thing is way overblown. What is he supposed to say, "This UTEP team really sucks and if we don't win by 2 touchdowns, I'll resign." I'll give you $20 for every quote from a coach similar to this one that you can find.

Chick Childress and Charlie Brown were famous for "poor-mouthing" their own teams. They would say, "I don't know if our little boys can go out there and stay within 50 points of that powerful Bastrop team. They are so big and fast and I don't think we stand a chance." Then they went out and won 50-0. It is insulting and motivating for the other team to hear a coach say they suck. It gives them extra motivation to win. And, if you do beat the team that you claimed was "great", it makes you look good, and if you lose, you can just say, "I told ya'll they were a good team." There is no point in bad-mouthing an opponent before the game. What if you lose? How does that make you look as a coach?!!

Tommy Tubberville told the Auburn fans that WE were the best team left on Auburn's schedule before the game started. The fans were thrilled with the 52-7 win. What if he would have said, "We should beat this team by 80 points....they suck."? Then, they win by 45 and the coach doesn't look so good, does he?

Ya'll need to get off his back about that. It plays no part in the gameplanning or the game itself. The more respect our players have for the opposition, the better they should play. NEVER underestimate your opponent!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Twon, Lou Holtz said it too. But he BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THE OPPONENT. Jack Bicknell is like a box of chocolates- We never know what we'll get! Will we crush Rice in a meaningless game, or will they rush for more yardage than any team we've ever played in our 100+ year football history? Nobody knows.

Glen, I already have.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Yes, there are things a coach can say to encourage fans and players without denigrating and infuriating the opposition.

Please threaten to cancel, etc., NOW and directly to the people who matter. Telling us doesn't get anything done.

I would lie if I threatened to cancel my support. But, if you mean it, threaten the powers that be.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

DW,

Welcome to the fold... It is a painful and gut wrenching decision that I made last year... Telling my very dear friend, Ronny Walker was the worst... But, this is beyond friendships, etc... Conroy Hines is one of my best friends in the world and I can't stand to read criticizims of him sometimes, BUT.... This problem is way above Jack and his staff.... It is the 16th floor of Wyly and now I think that JO deserves alot of the blame too... I have wished for years that Conroy would get to move on to another place and see what it's like to coach at a university that is truly committed to winning football games, consistantly...

All we care about, in my opinion is being the Harvard of the South(nothing wrong with that), women's bball "tradition" and getting by in all other athletic endeavors...

It is pitiful... You are one of the best fans a school could have... It is shameful that your support is not reciprocated by the very damn people that get their paychecks from the school...

Oh well, I'll continue to take my son on our grand tour of the football cathedrals that make up the SEC, Big XIIetc!!!!!!! Piss on Ruston!!!!!

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Please threaten to cancel, etc., NOW and directly to the people who matter. Telling us doesn't get anything done.

I would lie if I threatened to cancel my support. But, if you mean it, threaten the powers that be.

They don't give a Rats Rear End, AUB!!!! That is the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Well, there has to be some way to get results.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Memdawg
    DW,

All we care about, in my opinion is being the Harvard of the South(nothing wrong with that), women's bball "tradition" and getting by in all other athletic endeavors...

Oh well, I'll continue to take my son on our grand tour of the football cathedrals that make up the SEC, Big XIIetc!!!!!!! Piss on Ruston!!!!!
    Good post. However, if they think they could ever become Harvard of the South with Baylor, Rice, SMU and Tulane having the $$$ (Drs., Lawyers and CEO's),forward looking goals and plans as well as all being within 5 hours of TECH>>> then they are crazier than I thought. Did you guys know that Baylor just built the largest academic buildingin the world within the last 24 months? It cost them $150,000,000.00+. It just opened. Not to mention what some of these other universities have planned. Sorry but the very idea of that is pretty funny.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Good post. However, if they think they could ever become Harvard of the South with Baylor, Rice, SMU and Tulane having the $$$ (Drs., Lawyers and CEO's),forward looking goals and plans as well as all being within 5 hours of TECH>>> then they are crazier than I thought. Did you guys know that Baylor just built the largest academic buildingin the world within the last 24 months? It cost them $150,000,000.00+. It just opened. Not to mention what some of these other universities have planned. Sorry but the very idea of that is pretty funny.
    Exactly, Reneau's dream is pie in the sky bullshit that only shows his true ignorance.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Well, there has to be some way to get results.
    That's our frustration. Nothing works and we just get JBIII rammed down our throats again.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

There is a way to get results. And not giving may make some of you feel "better" but it's not the way to get anything done. If you believe it, you are mistaken.

If you don't want to buy season tickets, piss on you and I don't care. But Ronny Walker is working his butt off and he doesn't deserve everyone abandoning him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    There is a way to get results. And not giving may make some of you feel "better" but it's not the way to get anything done. If you believe it, you are mistaken.

If you don't want to buy season tickets, piss on you and I don't care. But Ronny Walker is working his butt off and he doesn't deserve everyone abandoning him.
    His boss has abandoned him. Don't try and lay a guilt trip on anyone here, we're not paid to do their job.

And, what is the way to get results?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I'll say whatever I want about Ronny Walker and the job he is doing. People who boycott CHAMPS are not making it any easier. Whatever JO and DR do or don't do, you are as much a part of the problem as they are. So, don't try to call me down.

The only way to make a big difference is for there to be a positive step change in revenue. Otherwise, the things you all upset about will only get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    I'll say whatever I want about Ronny Walker and the job he is doing. People who boycott CHAMPS is not making it any easier. So, don't try to call me down on this issue.

The only way to make a big difference is for there to be a positive step change in revenue. Otherwise, the things you all upset about will only get worse.
    It is much easier to raise money and people feel much better about giving away their hard-earned money when they know where it is going - i.e. a plan, a vision of where the administration sees the athletic department going. There will be no positive step change in revenue until this has been revealed.

Where is it?

+ Reply to Thread