+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alumni Association vs. Champs

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Alumni Association vs. Champs

I just graduated in November. In my diploma packet, the alumni association supplied me with a lot of information about them and how to contribute. They also gave me a sticker and a little pocket-size diploma. From champs I recieved...absolutely nothing. What the hell? Why would anybody ever give to this program?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Alumni Association vs. Champs

CHAMPS probably isn't allowed access to new grads that soon.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    I just graduated in November.
    Congrats! That is more important than the other you mentioned anyway. Good luck! Make the DAWGS proud out there in the "real world".

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    CHAMPS probably isn't allowed access to new grads that soon.
    Well, I'll be here waiting...my parents haven't been contacted to renew the season tickets either...something is wrong.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'll be here waiting...my parents haven't been contacted to renew the season tickets either...something is wrong.
    Why wait? You can join right here:

www.latechchamps.com

Now, someone has asked you, a CHAMPS member and alum of Louisiana Tech.

Why wait? You can join right here:

www.latechchamps.com

Now, someone has asked you, a CHAMPS member and alum of Louisiana Tech.
    I will be glad to join as soon as I hear a detailed plan that shows me a dedication to winning and progress. That's all they have to do to gain my support.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I will be glad to join as soon as I hear a detailed plan that shows me a dedication to winning and progress. That's all they have to do to gain my support.
    A MOST EXCELLENT ANSWER! Glad to see we are still turning out quality, business first, think for yourself, grads! We are proud of you JL!

Don't make the mistake of falling in with the boycotters so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    A MOST EXCELLENT ANSWER! Glad to see we are still turning out quality, business first, think for yourself, grads! We are proud of you JL!
    Thank you very much.

Don't make the mistake of falling in with the boycotters so soon.
    If I give money, I'm a consumer...Mr. Oakes is gonna have to at least make a sales pitch before I start writing him checks.

That's fine.

But you've received an invite to join CHAMPS, so that's no excuse.

I would hope TECH would be turning out rabid Dawg fans who aren't easily influenced by a bunch of emotional yahoos who can't see the big, long-term future.

I would hope TECH would be turning out rabid Dawg fans who aren't easily influenced by a bunch of emotional yahoos who can't see the big, long-term future.
    You must be kidding right? That is what a good portion of us feel about those that are willing to give DR their hard earned money for the right to dress in a lemming suit and run off DR's lack of plan athletic CLIFF with him!

You must be kidding right? That is what a good portion of us feel about those that are willing to give DR their hard earned money for the right to dress in a lemming suit and run off DR's lack of plan athletic CLIFF with him!
    Are these the same people who continue to contribute to the University Foundation but will not contribute to CHAMPS?

Are these the same people who are giving that thumbs up to Dan Reneau?

Are these the same people that realize that the lack of funds is the only reason that JO would ever cancel tennis trips but think that withholding money from CHAMPS is gonna make things better?

Are these the same people that watch Ronny Walker bust his butt day in and day out but never ask him what can I do to help you?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

CHC,

You sit here in judgment over all of us because we disagree. But, what is it that you have done that was productive? You can't say that giving money has helped.

You talk about Ronnie Walker and maybe he does want help. But, I wanted and volunteered to help start a Champs chapter in Shreveport/Bossier and was told they had it under control. Well, we did get an invite to a "meeting" that was just JO talking one night. We all sat down and ate a meal while JO talked. There was no casual time before or after, just sit down and order. That is not what an organization is supposed to be about. There was no plan on any addional meetings, and mainly just garbage about how well the team would do this year. Oh, by the way, there was no Bicknell. Coach Budke and his wife were there though. I would have loved to have helped get things going and was excited about trying to get something going. If that was all they wanted OK, but, that will never produce any excitement here.

People will give and help with a plan to work for. You can call me a yahoo or whatever you choose, I couldn't care less. The fact remains, there is nothing to work for and no hope for the future. Until that changes you may be a lonely man in your fight.

+ Reply to Thread