+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alumni Association vs. Champs

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Alumni Association vs. Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    CHC,

You sit here in judgment over all of us because we disagree. But, what is it that you have done that was productive? You can't say that giving money has helped.

You talk about Ronnie Walker and maybe he does want help. But, I wanted and volunteered to help start a Champs chapter in Shreveport/Bossier and was told they had it under control. Well, we did get an invite to a "meeting" that was just JO talking one night. We all sat down and ate a meal while JO talked. There was no casual time before or after, just sit down and order. That is not what an organization is supposed to be about. There was no plan on any addional meetings, and mainly just garbage about how well the team would do this year. Oh, by the way, there was no Bicknell. Coach Budke and his wife were there though. I would have loved to have helped get things going and was excited about trying to get something going. If that was all they wanted OK, but, that will never produce any excitement here.

People will give and help with a plan to work for. You can call me a yahoo or whatever you choose, I couldn't care less. The fact remains, there is nothing to work for and no hope for the future. Until that changes you may be a lonely man in your fight.
    I promise you the next time the University of Memphis AD makes any decision regarding Louisiana Tech, he will know we are here. Our efforts to promote our university during the last CUSA fiasco did not go unnoticed. Hell, we even got Bicknell interviewed on a local sports show and he did a great job.

I could care less what you yahoos in S'port/Bossier do. No one should have to lead you around in forming a CHAMPS Chapter. You have the largest concentration of TECH alum in the world sitting your backyard.

If you want to do it, you can. But y'all seem pretty good at making excuses.

What have you local boycotters done? Do the newspapers know who you are besides DFM? Do the local tv stations hear you?

Our first CHAMPS meeting here in Memphis was covered by local tv crews. We do as much as we can considering the number we have, and we will do more each year.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    I would hope TECH would be turning out rabid Dawg fans who aren't easily influenced by a bunch of emotional yahoos who can't see the big, long-term future.
    I am a fan. Protest is my only voice in this matter and I will exercise it as much as I can. I've written Mr. Oakes and told him exactly how I feel. I don't think a plan is such a terrible request. I won't throw my money into a hole and sit here at home while I try and guess where it's going. I'm a fan, not an idiot.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    I promise you the next time the University of Memphis AD makes any decision regarding Louisiana Tech, he will know we are here. Our efforts to promote our university during the last CUSA fiasco did not go unnoticed. Hell, we even got Bicknell interviewed on a local sports show and he did a great job.

I could care less what you yahoos in S'port/Bossier do. No one should have to lead you around in forming a CHAMPS Chapter. You have the largest concentration of TECH alum in the world sitting your backyard.

If you want to do it, you can. But y'all seem pretty good at making excuses.

What have you local boycotters done? Do the newspapers know who you are besides DFM? Do the local tv stations hear you?

Our first CHAMPS meeting here in Memphis was covered by local tv crews. We do as much as we can considering the number we have, and we will do more each year.
    I totally agree that no one should have to lead us. That is why I wanted to be the one to take action. Your "wonder Boy" Ronny Walker told me it was all taken care of and I didn't need to do anything. Ronny may be great, but, I don't think it was all taken care of.

You might want to go a little more lightly on being a jerk. These people you are talking about have been die hard TECH fans for years and will be for years to come. We will just go about things differently.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    I just graduated in November. In my diploma packet, the alumni association supplied me with a lot of information about them and how to contribute. They also gave me a sticker and a little pocket-size diploma. From champs I recieved...absolutely nothing. What the hell? Why would anybody ever give to this program?
    That is good to hear. I was wondering about that. I attended a graduation at UA in fayetteville, and they start hitting you up during commencement. UA didn't specify where they wanted donations to go, just to start giving.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I am a fan. Protest is my only voice in this matter and I will exercise it as much as I can. I've written Mr. Oakes and told him exactly how I feel. I don't think a plan is such a terrible request. I won't throw my money into a hole and sit here at home while I try and guess where it's going. I'm a fan, not an idiot.
    ANOTHER GREAT POST FROM OUR MOST RECENT GRAD!!!!

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

I'm a fan, not an idiot.
    I think johnnylightnin just coined the phrase for next years football shirts . . . if anyone still goes to the games.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg
    I think johnnylightnin just coined the phrase for next years football shirts . . . if anyone still goes to the games.
    RougeDawg, you keeping your new chairback seats at Aillet? When do you think you might be able to enjoy a Tech game again? Do you think it'll be the 10 or 20 years CHC expects?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    I totally agree that no one should have to lead us. That is why I wanted to be the one to take action. Your "wonder Boy" Ronny Walker told me it was all taken care of and I didn't need to do anything. Ronny may be great, but, I don't think it was all taken care of.

You might want to go a little more lightly on being a jerk. These people you are talking about have been die hard TECH fans for years and will be for years to come. We will just go about things differently.
    I certainly wouldn't want "help" from someone who will jump off the bandwagon.

And, I take pride in being labeled a jerk by certain types of people. Thank you.
    Last edited by Cool Hand Clyde; 12-02-2004 at 07:51 AM.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    RougeDawg, you keeping your new chairback seats at Aillet? When do you think you might be able to enjoy a Tech game again? Do you think it'll be the 10 or 20 years CHC expects?
    I REALLY like those new seats, but unless I cool off considerably I don’t think I’ll renew.

Dr. Reneau has made it very clear what his intentions are for the future of Tech Football. The Southland Conference really doesn’t get my blood pumping, especially when I know we can do better but refuse to put forth the effort.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg
    I REALLY like those new seats, but unless I cool off considerably I don’t think I’ll renew.

Dr. Reneau has made it very clear what his intentions are for the future of Tech Football. The Southland Conference really doesn’t get my blood pumping, especially when I know we can do better but refuse to put forth the effort.
    Yep....kind of a long drive from Baton Rouge to watch our football program doing the slow death.

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    Yep....kind of a long drive from Baton Rouge to watch our football program doing the slow death.
    Slow? I think we are picking up speed!

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

CHC,
    I know where you are coming from. Believe me, I struggled with this issue last year and I caved when jo called me about my season tickets, then I used the fence project as a "reason" to donate to CHAMPS.

I think where me and others are taking a different approach is this. Here in Louisiana, when a PUBLIC entity is struggling with the money they have, the answer is rarely, if ever, more money. Its why our taxes are so high yet we have the worst roads, schools, sewers, etc in the country. And I can promise you, if you gave them all the money in the world, it would just end up going to waste or in Edward's pockets. If Tech athletics was a small private business trying to grow and get stronger and operated as a BUSINESS, I would agree with your perspective, but its not. Its a public body ran by Louisiana politicians.

Just my .02

Brennan
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Varsity Bulldog yobrefstank has turned a few heads around hereyobrefstank has turned a few heads around here yobrefstank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg
    CHC,
    I know where you are coming from. Believe me, I struggled with this issue last year and I caved when jo called me about my season tickets, then I used the fence project as a "reason" to donate to CHAMPS.

I think where me and others are taking a different approach is this. Here in Louisiana, when a PUBLIC entity is struggling with the money they have, the answer is rarely, if ever, more money. Its why our taxes are so high yet we have the worst roads, schools, sewers, etc in the country. And I can promise you, if you gave them all the money in the world, it would just end up going to waste or in Edward's pockets. If Tech athletics was a small private business trying to grow and get stronger and operated as a BUSINESS, I would agree with your perspective, but its not. Its a public body ran by Louisiana politicians.

Just my .02

Brennan
    AMEN BROTHER!

You just hit the nail on the head. I can't even begin to express my anguish with our current athletic department. I am not a word-smith, so I will speak with my pocketbook. ( My airplane could use one of the new GPS units anyway). At least I can get alot of enjoyment from floating around the sky. Although not as much as watching my DAWGS win a conference title.

So, until the powers that be change their direction, my money will go to other things. I will however, buy my baseball season tix. this year because I committed to Coach Sim. to do so. But I'll not renew my football tix for next year. Champs? Not a chance.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by yobrefstank
    AMEN BROTHER!
    PREACH ON!!!
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

+ Reply to Thread