+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This is my question

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Eek This is my question

So does Bicknell get a 1 year extension? This was the last year on his current contract right? After next season if he goes 6-6 again, does he get another 1 year extension? Bicknell should see that he is not wanted here if he only gets a 1 year extension.

I think JO knows Bicknell is not our long term answer and that is what pisses me off that he won't let him go. It kinda reminds me off Bicknell starting seniors b/c they are seniors not b/c of athletic ability.

To be effective and successful in management, you have to let people go and go on. Treat your awesome employees awesome (Simoneaux) and let your bad ones go (Bicknell). Either they are on the ship are off the ship. BUT, this only works when your captain (JO and DR) are the right captains for the ship. I believe DR is for our Academic side, he just needs to let the Athletic Director do his job. He has his nose where it shouldn't be (in sports) to a certain extent. If JO doesn't have the vision that we all have here on BB&B, and other fans, and we expect him to have, well we are in trouble.

I am 28 years old and am in charge of over 100 employees, have raised over 1 million dollars for a foundation in the past, but yet I grasp this concept of management.

I'm going to buy JO a copy of "Good to Great" by Jim Collins and mail it to him. I suggest all of you to read it especially if you are a president or VP of a company, small business, or your own business.

It pisses me off to no end that we still put up w/ this lack of action and committment by our Athletic Administration. I know how to make it work. You have to listen, well hell, I'll quit here b/c I know I am preaching to the choir.

Does anyone have input what we can do. Do we boycott? Do we hustle and help out w/ buying more tickets? Do we quit sending the cash? Do we send more cash?

It is literally driving me crazy b/c I want to fix it. Someone help me out.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Puppy Rustonite is an unknown

Re: This is my question

I could not agree more!
    I run a multi million dollar comp too at mid twenties age as well
    I believe there are lots of us here in same shoes as you
    It is not the money we can give now that they shoudl be worried about but
    it is the money we can and would willingly give in the years to come
    I know dozens of people that dont post here that have same views
    as us
    This is a long term problem the adm DR and JO are letting get worse
    and worse
    We will not just stand by and support a losing cause
    This is the year to hire a new coach with all the possible hires
    Bick will never be a coach to take us to Top 25 and win bowl games
    It can not happen here We are not the right fit for each other
    It is not going to change over night!
    I wish that he would get paid by his wins!
    See how long he could last then
    Oakes- Please!!!!!!!!!

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Tell me how I get to run a multi-million dollar company in my mid-twenties. I must be doing alot of things wrong.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

WE HAVE TO START A SEPARATE FOUNDATION and get EVERYONE we know to donate and make a statement to the AD that the status quo is not acceptable and we expect more and are willing to back it up with our $$$$$$$$$$$.

Varsity Bulldog Appledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really nice Appledog's Avatar

My 0.02

1st: I am not happy about the overall roller coaster ride that has been my experience the last 4 years of Tech football. Each year I have added to my seasons tickets and have incrementally increased my Champs contributions. I plan to do the same for next year because I fundametally believe that by "starving" the program for change is only going to drag it down and take that much more energy and effort to recover. If we do not do it no one else will.

In the absence of a strategic plan from the University to maintain and elevate the competiveness of Tech Athletics I would agree that a seperate foundation be established by Alumni and Supporters to develop and execute the vision that many posting on this board say they demand. This work would require time (voluteers) and $$$ to jumpstart.

I would recommend that the foundation be established for the primary purpose of improving (and maintaining) the Athletic facilities. The projects are specific, visible and add long term benefits. These "building blocks" will help in attracting coaching staff (and keeping) and athletes, and help Tech elevate its overall athletic program. Also, I believe that as people see direct results (the projects) then momentum can be established and the efforts continued.

It is obvious that if Tech is going to compete (top 40) in Division 1A football that the planing and execution for improving the facilities is going to have to be done. The question is how, when and how much $$$.

A common statement from posters is that they are most willing to contribute $$ if the money is for a specific purpose.

I would offer the following as an example for thought.
    1000 members at $500/yr for 3 years = $1.5M.

1) Enclose the South end zone (to the level of the hill). Adds, say about 5000 seats. One benefit is more $$ from the larger capacity (challenge is then to sell out for the 1st time)
    or,
    2) Add a two story building between the existing field house and the field.
    This adds more office space and more training space for the athletes.
    or,
    3) If real money can be raised then go for an indoor practice facility (say in the $3M to $6M range).

The ideas are not limited to football. Smaller projects that could be done faster to demonstrate results could also be presented.

The main point is that by surveying the landscape of University football programs in the region including the BCS programs (our recruiting base) will show that many programs have concepts and the same challenges of raising money. If we collectively are not able to raise this kind of money and use it wisely, then Tech should decide what it can afford and play at that level.

But by doing what we are currently doing is creating a lot of bitterness within the "Tech family" and is not working.

+ Reply to Thread