+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "It could be worse"

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Re: "It could be worse"

Losing to UTEP was the worst event of the season. It would be interesting to know what happened to break us that game.

This would have been such an easy season to get a bowl with ONE MORE WIN.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Losing to UTEP was the worst event of the season. It would be interesting to know what happened to break us that game.
    Coaching. They had it, we didn't.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by finndawg
    We could've been without Moats this year? ala next year...
    I have not convinced myself that Moats leaving is ALL negative b/c if that is the case and he leaves early. WE will be forced to go back to 4-5 WR sets and play Franklin at RB, who is pretty dang good and will rack up HUGE numbers like Moats did last year with fewer carries than this year.

ALSO Kubik can NOT run this type of offense so we will be forced to play Champion or Allen at QB and be much more productive this season and score more points!

Big Dog b_hoss_mac is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    I have not convinced myself that Moats leaving is ALL negative b/c if that is the case and he leaves early. WE will be forced to go back to 4-5 WR sets and play Franklin at RB, who is pretty dang good and will rack up HUGE numbers like Moats did last year with fewer carries than this year.

ALSO Kubik can NOT run this type of offense so we will be forced to play Champion or Allen at QB and be much more productive this season and score more points!
    Keep telling yourself that.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

You have a point but you must admit that IF Moats comes back then what will we do different on offense in 05? Nothing and we will only win 5-6 games again when we should win more but we refuse to make a change b/c what we got isn't HORRIBLE but not good enough to go to a bowl and win.

Just my .02 and that won't get you far.

I hope Moats comes back b/c I think he could considerably increase his stock on draft day next year. THERE IS NO WAY HE GOES IN THE FIRST TWO ROUNDS this year. AND that is what every agent and scout will tell him but it is a LIE. There are too many good, BIG RBs in the draft from BCS schools this year. With another good year he could go 2-3 rounds higher next year. There are too many great SR RBs this year IMO. He is a 4-6 rounder this year but could be a 2-3 rounder next season.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Any ideas?
    We could have given that knuckle-head another contract extension after our earth-shattering victory over Fresno St.

Varsity Bulldog Omaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really nice Omaha Bulldog's Avatar

If Conroy is still OC, it doesn't matter - the offense will still suck.

I hope Moats comes back b/c I think he could considerably increase his stock on draft day next year. THERE IS NO WAY HE GOES IN THE FIRST TWO ROUNDS this year. AND that is what every agent and scout will tell him but it is a LIE. There are too many good, BIG RBs in the draft from BCS schools this year. With another good year he could go 2-3 rounds higher next year. There are too many great SR RBs this year IMO. He is a 4-6 rounder this year but could be a 2-3 rounder next season.
    First of all ... name those "too many great SR RBS" from BCS schools. I'll give you 3 ... Benson, Cadillac, and Ronnie Brown. Who are the other ones?

Moats is the No. 4 or No. 5 back in the draft this year, depending on whether or not Minnesota's Marion Barber III decides to come back for his senior year.

There is no chance that Moats will ever be a top 10 or 15 pick because of his lack of size. He quite possibly could come back next year and squeeze into the late first round. However, I don't see him doing much worse than that this year as the No. 4 or 5 back with the top 3 going in the top 15. Perhaps the next team that wants a back will take Moats.

For him to improve his stock 2-3 rounds next year, you have to have in the 4th or 5th round this year. I'm pretty sure he's a first day guy ... whether that's late 1st or late 3rd or anywhere in between, I'm not sure.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b_hoss_mac
    First of all ... name those "too many great SR RBS" from BCS schools. I'll give you 3 ... Benson, Cadillac, and Ronnie Brown. Who are the other ones?

Moats is the No. 4 or No. 5 back in the draft this year, depending on whether or not Minnesota's Marion Barber III decides to come back for his senior year.

There is no chance that Moats will ever be a top 10 or 15 pick because of his lack of size. He quite possibly could come back next year and squeeze into the late first round. However, I don't see him doing much worse than that this year as the No. 4 or 5 back with the top 3 going in the top 15. Perhaps the next team that wants a back will take Moats.

For him to improve his stock 2-3 rounds next year, you have to have in the 4th or 5th round this year. I'm pretty sure he's a first day guy ... whether that's late 1st or late 3rd or anywhere in between, I'm not sure.
    I'd say middle 3rd right now. Along with the 4 you mentioned, I'd also add (assuming they come out) DonTrell Moore and DeAngelo Williams to the list of guys graded ahead of Moats. Also Morency, should he choose to come out...lots of junior RBs out there.

B Hoss

Here are some of the guys that will get a shot in NFL either through the draft or FA.
    Benson
    Williams
    Brown
    JJ Arrington
    Moats?
    KayJay Harris
    Maurice Clarett
    Cedrick Houston
    Darren Sproles
    Anthony Davis
    DeAngelo Williams? not sure if he is a SR or not
    Brandon Jacobs auburn transfer to S Ill.

There are probably a few unknowns that play at smaller schools but I doubt they would go higher than Ryan and I am not saying all of these guys would but these guys are all very good and most have 2 things Moats doesn't size and played against higher level of comp. (in their eyes).

Moats could easily be the 8th RB taken and at BEST 5-6th?
    Some of the mock drafts I have seen and I know they are early but don't have a RB taken until midway through the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire
    lots of junior RBs out there.
    Exactly, which is why I don't see him "raising his stock" next year. You never know what is going to happen in a situation as unstable as Tech is right now. Moats could come back and "only" rush for 1,500. In the eyes of the scouts, he had a subpar year in comparison to 2004.

To raise his stock, he'd have to rush for 2,000 yards and win Tech some football games. The only chance he has at cracking the Top 15 is if he could somehow make a run at Barry's single-season rushing record.

I would love to see Ryan back, but I don't think he would make a doomsday choice if he left like some others on this board do.

I still see him as the No. 4 or No. 5 RB in the draft this year, depending if Barber comes out or not. Only Barber and Arrington are rated higher than Moats in the 2005 class of RB's ... and that includes DonTrell Moore and DeAngelo Williams.

Moats will get a shot before Clarett, Sproles, Cedric Houston, etc. that Gooddawg posted in his post. He goes no later than No. 6, and that's if both Barber and Arrington both skip their senior years.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b_hoss_mac
    Exactly, which is why I don't see him "raising his stock" next year. You never know what is going to happen in a situation as unstable as Tech is right now. Moats could come back and "only" rush for 1,500. In the eyes of the scouts, he had a subpar year in comparison to 2004.

To raise his stock, he'd have to rush for 2,000 yards and win Tech some football games. The only chance he has at cracking the Top 15 is if he could somehow make a run at Barry's single-season rushing record.

I would love to see Ryan back, but I don't think he would make a doomsday choice if he left like some others on this board do.

I still see him as the No. 4 or No. 5 RB in the draft this year, depending if Barber comes out or not. Only Barber and Arrington are rated higher than Moats in the 2005 class of RB's ... and that includes DonTrell Moore and DeAngelo Williams.

Moats will get a shot before Clarett, Sproles, Cedric Houston, etc. that Gooddawg posted in his post. He goes no later than No. 6, and that's if both Barber and Arrington both skip their senior years.
    With some different competition this year or just better coaching, Moats could've easily ran for 2000. Remember, he was used sparingly at Miami and didn't play at Auburn. I'm not banking on the coaching improving (which is why I ultimately see Ryan leaving this year), but our competition will be drastically different next year. A healthy Moats is a 2 rd. pick, but I don't think the scouts are convinced that he's healthy. This is another reason to stay another year. All that being said, if I'm in the same situation, I'm gone. There's no way I'd blow my shot trying to get Bicknell a contract extension. You just can't run a guy 35 times a game and expect him to be healthy for 14-15 weeks.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Any ideas?
    We COULD have had Jack Bicknell coming back for the 2005 season.

Oooops! I lost myself for a minute.

HD

Varsity Bulldog lsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nice lsuhater's Avatar

Are you stupid??? Who finds losing a 1700 yard rusher to be a good thing? I'll check back with you next Dec and see if you still feel the same.

Puppy Junkyard Dawg is an unknown Junkyard Dawg's Avatar

You have a point but you must admit that IF Moats comes back then what will we do different on offense in 05? Nothing and we will only win 5-6 games again when we should win more but we refuse to make a change b/c what we got isn't HORRIBLE but not good enough to go to a bowl and win.

Just my .02 and that won't get you far.

Call me crazy, but I think if we had RyMoats with our schedule next year, we'd be in good shape, even still without a QB.

+ Reply to Thread