+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible new slot in CUSA opening up

Puppy yeoyeo78 is on the way down

Possible new slot in CUSA opening up

rumors have been swirling that East Carolina is trying to get a football only bid in the Big East (mostly ECU folks doing the talking), which would force them out of CUSA all together. Now an informal discussion amongst CUSA fans is that La Tech will be (or atleast should be) asked to join should ECU leave. What do you guys think about this?

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Re: Possible new slot in CUSA opening up

Seems to be a pretty consistent rumor. However, I would bet they look elsewhere before us.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

yeo, we would jump at the chance.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

ecu or ucf either one would be great big east fball only schools because they are used to playing other sports in smaller conferences.

i hope they go and we can do a better job of trying to join than we have in the past.

if all else fails, we should do like ecu and try to play football only in the wac. our other sports could play in the 12th ranked rpi missouri valley, the 16th ranked belt, or the 20 something ranked southland.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

I think that we just make too much sense for us not to make the next go-around. Especially after we have a winning record next year and a Heisman trophy candidate.

Our day will come.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I haven't heard the rumor before your post, but I also haven't been looking. ECU fans might be a good source, because they would know the "scoop" before anyone else, but I wouldn't buy into the idea until other people (like ESPN or FoxSports) start hearing the same rumor.

If and when that day comes, we need to make a REAL attempt at getting into the conference. That means really shaking things up and showing people we are committed....not just giving lip service and promising plans that never materialize.

It is only a matter of time until Boise and Nevada (and maybe UTEP or Hawaii) join the Mountain West, especially after the MWC sees what Boise did this year and start licking their chops at the thought of Utah and BSU in the BCS. If BSU and other WAC schools start to jump, we will either have to jump as well, or be left on a sinking ship.

I hope this rumor turns out to be true but, when it comes time to produce, the admin really needs to step up this time.

Varsity Bulldog Omaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really nice Omaha Bulldog's Avatar

But we all know our administration has their head up their ass. I would almost guarantee that no one has made any contact with any CUSA presidents or ADs since UTEP received their invitation. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt that I am.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I did a little internet searching and found a surprising amount of press on ECU to Big East but it was all about a year ago. Also went to www.piratefans.net and found the topic has been kicked around there some there recently. Apparently they have heard about a football only bid....but they're not talking about it heavily. The most recent discussion centered on St Johns being in trouble with the Big East and that should St Johns not get to stay, maybe the football only bid could expand to include basketball.

Their problem is the one we face. There's probably enough truth to the rumor for the rumor to stick around but what goes on behind the scenes where reality lives, is anybody's guess. How it might effect us is even more precarious.

While I hope there's something to the ECU/Big East rumor, I'm not holding my breath.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

NO RUMOR. It is a fact. ECU is pursuing the Big East for FB only.

Big East has pursued, but there is not much indication yet, to ECU anyway, if it is FB only or ALL sports. ECU knows they will be eaten alive in MBB and WBB if the go Big East in all sports so they are trying to go the FB only route.

This info is from a source, not a website or message board.

Martie

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I really do not see what ECU would bring to the Big East. I would think that Marshall would be a better fit, but WVU would never allow it. Maybe, one of the MAC schools that is consistantly good in both FB and BB or UCF. I cannot believe that Big East would have ECU, at least right now.

As for us, what has changed since the spring? Not to be a downer, but we still have no plan, no facilities upgrade, the same coach, the same AD, the same admin, etc... Other than kicking some bad CUSA bound teams when they are down, I do not see where we have prepared ourselves for the next round. I think that UNT or Troy probably has done more to improve their stock than we have. Talk about making one want to puke....... But we have by far a much more interesting fan board!

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

The rumors are coming primarily from an article recently about their new AD and his pursuit of a new football coach and a new conference home. Apparently they are talking to the Big East and if you read the CUSA board they have some kind of deal cut where the Big East leaves Memphis alone, but takes ECU as their 9th football member.

I will also say that this is what Jim Oakes has been saying for sometime and even though he was extremely down as a result of the last vote allowing UTEP in, he was not out because he knew this would be coming. He just didn't know if it would be Cent. Fla, ECU, or Memphis. They (the Big East) need a 9th football member for scheduling and it ain't going to be Notre Dame, even though they play all of their other sports in that league. Frankly, I am a little surprised that they haven't grabbed Navy, especially after this year. Any way, after the last vote, the CUSA people told Jim that this would be coming and that we had done all the right things to get the bid (I don't think I am talking out of school here). Hopefully, he wasn't lied to....... I know he has done everything 'politically' he can to make sure that we keep our ties strong with the ones who voted in our favor last time out. Remember moving the RICE to an Monday night for no apparent reason???????

I think this will become very front burner after the first of the year and we will be in good shape, hopefully. I just hope that the things that Troy and UNT have done during this last football season, won't come back to haunt us.......

DFiH

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I still will NEVER believe that SMU would allow UNT into CUSA. For that matter Tulsa, Rice and Houston wouldn't vote for UNT. they are still considered way below these folks over here in Texas. It's basically thought of as a teachers/music/restaurant and hotel management school that plays in the Belch. Sorry UNT fans, I like what you guys are doing BIG TIME but this is the feeling in Texas and you know it.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

I would imagine USM and UAB would roll over before Troy gets a invite...just my opinion. We are less of a recruiting threat to them than Troy.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

What a way to end the week. More rumors. Time to return to conference-change talk. Not nearly as interesting as football season, win or lose!

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down

We don't deserve to get in CUSA as long as JB3 is our FB coach and KR is our bball coach.

+ Reply to Thread