+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible new slot in CUSA opening up

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Possible new slot in CUSA opening up

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg
    I would imagine USM and UAB would roll over before Troy gets a invite...just my opinion. We are less of a recruiting threat to them than Troy.
    Very true!

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Maybe if JO showed the tape of Bicknell hiking the ball to flutie on the hailmary pass to CUSA then they would know how great of a coach we really have

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

If this talk does heat up after the first of the year, what's the timetable? Would these changes go into affect next year or would there be a year delay? I understand that any response to this question will probably be speculation, but I'm interested in what ya'll think.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Hey, if nothing else it gives us something to be interested in right now. We certainly need that after the season we had.

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

Can't imagine any conference asking us in, based on our lack of fun support at home games. When you only put 3K through the gates when the season is still somewhat salvagable, you can't expected to be considered in serious talk about conferences like CUSA.

Don't get me wrong, it'd be MANY times better than the WAC, but I don't think it's a possibility, strictly based on our fan's lack fo support.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens
    Can't imagine any conference asking us in, based on our lack of fun support at home games. When you only put 3K through the gates when the season is still somewhat salvagable, you can't expected to be considered in serious talk about conferences like CUSA.

Don't get me wrong, it'd be MANY times better than the WAC, but I don't think it's a possibility, strictly based on our fan's lack fo support.
    I would agree with you had Rice not been asked. They have worse fan support than we do and their community is around 360 times larger than Ruston. If we don't get asked, it will be because of our complacency (JBIII) and our facilities.

Puppy yeoyeo78 is on the way down

it's been reported heavily on an East Carolina fan site called Bonesville.net, it has alledgedly also been reported by some sports news outlets in Syracuse New York as well. Who knows if it's true or not. I imagine Tulane would jump at the chance to add La Tech (in-state rival for starters) because it would allow the green wave to move to the eastern division and put an end to the question of how to keep Tulane and USM playing each other every year without messing up everyone else's schedules. All other sports will compete as a single division anyway.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yeoyeo78
    it's been reported heavily on an East Carolina fan site called Bonesville.net, it has alledgedly also been reported by some sports news outlets in Syracuse New York as well. Who knows if it's true or not. I imagine Tulane would jump at the chance to add La Tech (in-state rival for starters) because it would allow the green wave to move to the eastern division and put an end to the question of how to keep Tulane and USM playing each other every year without messing up everyone else's schedules. All other sports will compete as a single division anyway.
    I think Tulane is pretty happy in the western side of CUSA, since they are a bus ride away from most of the eastern WAC teams and Houston. I think they would vote 'yes' for us, but not because of us being an in-state rival, but rather because of political pressure. If we are lucky enough to be asked, when and if ECU gets out, we may have to settle for the eastern division with So. Miss, Memphis, UAB, Cent. Fla, & Marshall (I still believe that Marshall will not be there long due to fan dis-interest in playing Texas schools).... either division is okay with me.

DFiH

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

After personally seeing Houston, Rice, UAB, Tulsa, and SMU poorly attended games in the past few years, none of these schools better say squat about our attendance. Ours is pretty good compared to some of the games I have seen with these teams.

Puppy housedog2 is an unknown

Eek Re: Possible new slot in CUSA opening up

Tech is not going to be considered for USA as long as South Miss and Memphis are in USA

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

If we can guarantee a commitment to improving our facilities than I can see it happening.Otherwise no.OUr attendance is more than fine and will not keep us out.It is that awful stadium.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by housedog2
    Tech is not going to be considered for USA as long as South Miss and Memphis are in USA
    I agree. Those two are the key.

Puppy lilray is on the way downlilray is on the way down

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66
    If we can guarantee a commitment to improving our facilities than I can see it happening.Otherwise no.OUr attendance is more than fine and will not keep us out.It is that awful stadium.
    what would you say is wrong with our stadium...i just think it is too big for what we need (having NEVER been sold out and all)...i think we make it smaller and connect it on both ends like a real "sho'nuff" stadium, very similar to the one at SMU and of course modernize it. about the conference usa rumors i think we have done all the things necessary to get us into cusa but there is one glaring thing to any midmajor conference that would be interested in adding Tech to its rolls is concerned about and that is the rural setting in which tech resides. no big hotel, not close (within 15-20 mins) to a major ariport these are all things that attracted me to tech but are also things the detract from any major conferences wanting us to join them. Although that was not all the reason why UTEP was asked instead of us, that decision was all about the bowl in el paso.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, we're talking about joining C-USA here, not the SEC or Big 12. Most of these teams attendance and facilities are no better than ours. We just kicked 3 of them this year with a dumbass coach.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

ONe thing that would help is most colleges have a full service hotel on campus. I know it is a longshot but it is something that Tech desperately needs along with a plethora of other things.

+ Reply to Thread