+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible new slot in CUSA opening up

Varsity Bulldog gbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around here

Re: Possible new slot in CUSA opening up

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens
    Can't imagine any conference asking us in, based on our lack of fun support at home games. When you only put 3K through the gates when the season is still somewhat salvagable, you can't expected to be considered in serious talk about conferences like CUSA.

Don't get me wrong, it'd be MANY times better than the WAC, but I don't think it's a possibility, strictly based on our fan's lack fo support.
    Mr. Greens I whole heartedly agree. Our fan support is as gloomy as a Wednesday morning in late January. Our overall athletics is in decline. Football team is terrible, basketball team has little history of significant accomplishes and even the Techsters are not what they used to be. CUSA is not looking for deadweight. They are looking for schools that actually offer hope. Troy definitely fits the bill there and even ULL. Let's all face it, the ULL's wont be doormats forever and with out current leadership in place odds on they will surpass us pretty soon here. I guarantee you that people that really know college sports can see that. Mark my words, we will NEVER get in CUSA no matter what happens. I guess its something to talk about though.
    Under every Bush there is dirt. :icon_wink

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Other than for possible reduction in some travel costs, I'm not sure CUSA is in best interest for Tech's future. SMU, Rice, and Tulsa don't exactly get anyone fired up over athletics, except for Rice's baseball team. CUSA future is a vastly watered down version to past.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Guys - What have we done to improve our bargaining power since the last go round??

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    After personally seeing Houston, Rice, UAB, Tulsa, and SMU poorly attended games in the past few years, none of these schools better say squat about our attendance. Ours is pretty good compared to some of the games I have seen with these teams.
    As reported on the local news yesterday, there were about 6,000 MAX fans in attendance for the Tulane/Louisville game. That is for a game that:

1) Was against a top ten team and
    2) Meant that Tulane would be going to a bowl game if they had won.

For the record, they reported 22,000 in attendance.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gbg001
    They are looking for schools that actually offer hope. Troy definitely fits the bill there and even ULL. Let's all face it, the ULL's wont be doormats forever and with out current leadership in place odds on they will surpass us pretty soon here.
    I keep hearing how ULL is passing us up, but I haven't seen it yet. Didn't they lose to ULM again this year? Bustle has been there how long?

We keep trashing ourselves, and I can always read these kind of quotes on their message boards (quoting us here).

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow
    As reported on the local news yesterday, there were about 6,000 MAX fans in attendance for the Tulane/Louisville game. That is for a game that:

1) Was against a top ten team and
    2) Meant that Tulane would be going to a bowl game if they had won.

For the record, they reported 22,000 in attendance.
    6,000 actual? That is very good for Tulane. Probably their best attended game this year.

Puppy Thornhillbum2005 is on the way downThornhillbum2005 is on the way down

I have an idea: Louisiana Tech should try to focus on the conference they are in now instead of thinking about how great things would be if they were somewhere else. Tech does not have a "balanced" athletic program, because all money either goes to football or womens basketball.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thornhillbum2005
    I have an idea: Louisiana Tech should try to focus on the conference they are in now instead of thinking about how great things would be if they were somewhere else. Tech does not have a "balanced" athletic program, because all money either goes to football or womens basketball.
    I have an even BETTER idea: THORNhillbum2005 can get the hell off our Tech board and try to focus on his mental problems.

The fact is, Louisiana Tech's record speaks for itself. That's what drives you Sunbelt and CUSA folks nuts. Tech football owns solid W-L advantages over the Sunbelt (26-7?), the WAC (24-20) and CUSA (7-5) since joining Div 1A back in 1988. You people in CUSA are scared and I understand that. That's why you picked the 4 WORSE football programs in the WAC.

As for "balance", the La Tech women's BB program is better than anything CUSA has to offer, and our men's program --with the nations leading rebounder Paul Milsap-- just beat Tulane of CUSA, 69-66.

That really only leaves baseball, and CUSA just invited 3 or 4 programs that don't even play baseball (SMU, Tulsa, UTEP and possiblly Marshall?). So obviously with Tech's "baseball team", the Tech program has more "balance" than those schools.

HD

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

A most excellent post HD. Could not have said it better myself.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    I have an even BETTER idea: THORNhillbum2005 can get the hell off our Tech board and try to focus on his mental problems.

The fact is, Louisiana Tech's record speaks for itself. That's what drives you Sunbelt and CUSA folks nuts. Tech football owns solid W-L advantages over the Sunbelt (26-7?), the WAC (24-20) and CUSA (7-5) since joining Div 1A back in 1988. You people in CUSA are scared and I understand that. That's why you picked the 4 WORSE football programs in the WAC.

As for "balance", the La Tech women's BB program is better than anything CUSA has to offer, and our men's program --with the nations leading rebounder Paul Milsap-- just beat Tulane of CUSA, 69-66.

That really only leaves baseball, and CUSA just invited 3 or 4 programs that don't even play baseball (SMU, Tulsa, UTEP and possiblly Marshall?). So obviously with Tech's "baseball team", the Tech program has more "balance" than those schools.

HD
    HD That's definitely one of your TOP 10 post. Way to tell that asshole off. Maybe he'll tuck his tail and run back to his own board.

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar

Yeah!! What he said!! Great post HD!!

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg

HD

Varsity Bulldog MG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    I still will NEVER believe that SMU would allow UNT into CUSA. For that matter Tulsa, Rice and Houston wouldn't vote for UNT. they are still considered way below these folks over here in Texas. It's basically thought of as a teachers/music/restaurant and hotel management school that plays in the Belch. Sorry UNT fans, I like what you guys are doing BIG TIME but this is the feeling in Texas and you know it.
    SMU will love this!

DALLAS (UNT), Texas -- Today, University of North Texas Chancellor Lee F. Jackson announced the UNT System intends to seek approval from the Texas Legislature and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to establish a new public law school in downtown Dallas.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Frown Re: Possible new slot in CUSA opening up

If you guys think we have a snowball's chance at getting in CUSA with Reneau, Oakes, & Bicknell, you've been watching too much Puff the Magic Dragon with Ricky Williams.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MG61
    SMU will love this!

DALLAS (UNT), Texas -- Today, University of North Texas Chancellor Lee F. Jackson announced the UNT System intends to seek approval from the Texas Legislature and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to establish a new public law school in downtown Dallas.
    This will be interesting. I doubt SMU lets this happen.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Just what our country needs.

Another factory producing ambulance chasers.

+ Reply to Thread