+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The 2003-2004 Tech Report

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

The 2003-2004 Tech Report

Recieved annual report early last week. Of special interest is the financial report from Tech Foundation on Total Revenues and Annual Contributions. Appears builiding up the base dollars to invest is aiding total revenue with interes/dividends/gains, etc. The annual contributions have risen. A lot more are going to endowments and restricted/designated versus unrestricted in past few years. While improvement and feel a part of Tech, I get a little discouraged when I see someone like a TCU's Foundation raise millions annually and about $1,100,000 per year for an Athletic Foundation Fund. Here are a few items from report.

Tech Foundation Total Revenues:

2001-02 = $4,424,662
    2002-03 = $4,675,395
    2003-04 = $6,114,985 (contributions $3,030,873; int/div/gains $1,169,079; fees $505,705; other (?) $1,409,328)

Tech Foundation Contributions:

2001-02 = $2,140,418 (Endowments $1,132,218; Restricted/Designated $555,814; Unrestricted $452,386).

2002-03 = $2,260,553 (Endowments $582,755; Restricted/Designated $1,393,221; Unrestricted $284,576).

2003-04 = $3,030,873 (Endowments $1694,858; Restricted/Designated $1,193,550; Unrestricted $142,464).

Thanks to all that give to Tech Foundation. We need more of our alumni to give and work with our recent and upcoming Tech graduates to give as they can initially and more later as their careers continue.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Re: The 2003-2004 Tech Report

I might be completely wrong but I thought the foundation handles the athletic fund and that it is part of this sum reported.

DFM, Cartek....... isn't that so?

I know you can actually designate your gift to the annual fund "to your college or department of choice, a program, athletics, or undesignated monies to benefit critically important needs of the University this academic year."

Anybody have the definite answer?

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Re: The 2003-2004 Tech Report

Any contribution through Tech Foundation restricted/designated to athletics would be included in the contribution totals, just as any other college department designations.

Not sure if CHAMPS is run by Tech Foundation and included in contributions to Tech Foundation. In other words, there may be some that give through Tech Foundation rather than member of CHAMPS. Someone else would have to answer the CHAMPS financial reporting, but I think it is kept separate from Tech Foundaton contributors.

+ Reply to Thread