+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offensive Line

Puppy latech4life is an unknown

Offensive Line

Going into next season, who will be used to fill the slots on the offensive line. With Gonzolas, Lang, Brown, and Horyna graduating. I know we have Lips, Stewart,and Lindsey returning. I noticed that Miller filled in while others were hurt but another slot is open. What about the two juco lineman we signed last year. I heard they got redshirted, so that is good they have two years remaining. I read that Moats wants to see how the line is going to look before he makes his decision to stay or go to the NFL. So this is very important.

Big Dog b_hoss_mac is an unknown

Re: Offensive Line

This is just my opinion ... but I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyler Miller at LT, Marcus Lindsey at RT, Aaron Lips at LG, Marcus Stewart at RG and Anthony Peeler at C. But I could be COMPLETELY wrong, and we really won't know anything until spring training.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Unless Tech employs a better, more complex, blocking scheme it won't matter much who lines up on the OL. Defenses can easily defeat such predictable blocking.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Guys- NFL teams seem to have alot of trouble handling Denver's "predictable" zone blocking schemes. In fact, Denver only has 3 running plays. They consist of zone right, zone left, zone inside. To zone block, you have to have the right personnel, and perhaps Tech does not have the right personnel to run zone blocking.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog
    Guys- NFL teams seem to have alot of trouble handling Denver's "predictable" zone blocking schemes. In fact, Denver only has 3 running plays. They consist of zone right, zone left, zone inside. To zone block, you have to have the right personnel, and perhaps Tech does not have the right personnel to run zone blocking.
    Its not just Denver, several NFL teams use that scheme. But I agree , if you don't have the right personnel it won't work.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog
    ...you have to have the right personnel, and perhaps Tech does not have the right personnel to run zone blocking.
    That's the understatement of the century. Tech's problem on the O-Line isn't predictability, it's execution. In most cases this year (exceptions: Auburn, Tennessee, Boise, Miami, and maybe UTEP and Fresno), our competition was just about as predictable as we were. We know what's coming, they know what's coming, and most folks in the stands know what's coming. The game is won or lost (especially with Bick and Hines) on how well our gamebreakers perform and how well everybody else executes. Needless to say, we didn't execute very well (on the whole) this year (except maybe for the administration who beautifully executed a plan to keep JBIII on board for another year).

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know guys. Everyone knew Moats was coming and yet few teams were able to stop him. You HAVE to give that Oline and OL coach Perot big credit as well!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    I don't know guys. Everyone knew Moats was coming and yet few teams were able to stop him. You HAVE to give that Oline and OL coach Perot big credit as well!
    On the whole I agree with you. If you look at the O-Line this year, how can you fault them with a 1700 yrd. rusher? Well, I fault them for not executing on crucial plays (much the same way I fault Bick for not coaching well in crucial situations). I look at the o-line kind of like I look at the defense. They are very much improved, but not nearly where they need to be.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    On the whole I agree with you. If you look at the O-Line this year, how can you fault them with a 1700 yrd. rusher? Well, I fault them for not executing on crucial plays (much the same way I fault Bick for not coaching well in crucial situations). I look at the o-line kind of like I look at the defense. They are very much improved, but not nearly where they need to be.
    I imagine Coach Perot would agree with that comment.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Stoopid and predictable play calling has a lot to do with it too. With a line as big and powerful as ours we very rarely lined up and smashed forward for a first down. I can't count how many times I saw us line up in shotgun on 3rd and 1. (I can't find a puking emoticon...)

Quote Originally Posted by NashVegasRabidK9
    Stoopid and predictable play calling has a lot to do with it too. With a line as big and powerful as ours we very rarely lined up and smashed forward for a first down. I can't count how many times I saw us line up in shotgun on 3rd and 1. (I can't find a puking emoticon...)
    A full-back sure would help when it comes time to smash forward for a first down.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b_hoss_mac
    This is just my opinion ... but I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyler Miller at LT, Marcus Lindsey at RT, Aaron Lips at LG, Marcus Stewart at RG and Anthony Peeler at C. But I could be COMPLETELY wrong, and we really won't know anything until spring training.
    I really like our versatility at the o-line position. It's a lot easier to fill holes in case of injury or poor play. Does anyone have any info. if Aaron Lips will leave early and go to the NFL this year? I've only heard rumors, but he would leave a huge hole because he will be our best offensive lineman next year and he's very athletic. I saw him play intramural soccer last spring and he was moving around very well, especially for his size.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    If our receivers could block he could've easily had 2000 yards!

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    I agree. Somehow it feels like we don't coach our guys to be good players in every situation. I don't get it.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    is vazisly still on campus?

+ Reply to Thread