+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offensive Line

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Offensive Line

I swear, we have some of the worst offensive playcalling ever. Our offensive line is NOT the problem. Tech QBs have had quite a bit of time in the backfield, especially Kubik, he just squanders it because the stupid WRs don't give him any help. If there's anyone on the team that shouldn't be blamed for any kind of shortcomings, it's the O-line. Let's yell at the WRs for dropping so many passes, never blocking for Moats (well, almost never), and not looking back to come to the QB if he's in trouble after they finish their routes.

Also, Hines is a frickin' moron. Every time it was like 3rd and 1, I'd see us line up shotgun, 4-wide and sometimes 5-wide, whenever they decided Moats needed a breather. WTF is that?? We have a good O-line, great RBs... I just want to puke every time. Oh, and what about the big play where the QB can either hand off to Moats, or give to the WR on the reverse? They did that over and over and over and I saw ONCE... did Kubik ever give it to a WR, and it was a touchdown against UTEP. Sure, on 2nd and 1, throw a freakin' hail mary like it's a free play, but on 3rd down, just shove a RB or heaven forbid a FB (I know it's against our football philosophy.) up the center or a guard's ass. We tried to play smash-mouth football this year, with some kind of Hawaii-style goofy playbook. We even had big enough guys to pull some decent smash play off against BCS teams, but we blew that with all that ace-back crap and running all over the place, and WR that have their head up their rear ends.

Okay.... end of rant, sorry about that, lol. That's just the way it is.

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown

Rant on, my friend...very accurate. Play calling has sucked for many years!

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown

And one more thing...if EVER you wanted a situation where you could easily make a passing game work (and balanced offense), it is when you have a 1,700 yard rusher waiting in the backfield. ABSOLUTELY PITIFUL PLAYCALLING yet again...

OK, I'm finished!

Big Dog b_hoss_mac is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7
    Also, Hines is a frickin' moron. Every time it was like 3rd and 1, I'd see us line up shotgun, 4-wide and sometimes 5-wide, whenever they decided Moats needed a breather. WTF is that??
    Despite what someone else said, your rant was NOT very accurate. Either you are blind or don't know too much about football because NOT ONCE ALL SEASON did we EVER line up with 5 wide reciever and no running backs. Either Moats, Franklin, Dillard or Wilson was in on EVERY SINGLE PLAY of the season. And the majority of the time ... especially on 3rd and short ... we had AT LEAST one tight end in.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

What's a TE?

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

probably something similar to that fullback position we keep hearing about.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

I bet Capps mom was pissed!!!!!

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Big Grin Re: Offensive Line

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    I bet Capps mom was pissed!!!!!
    HA! HA! HA!

+ Reply to Thread