+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Moats no longer a Bulldog

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Ryan Moats no longer a Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg25
    Ryan was told basicly that we were a passing team, that's what works, and that if he stayed, he would not get the exposure next year that he had this year. It would be in his best interest to go ahead and leave.
    Someone please give Ryan access to the recruiting forum so he can come tell us who told him that. That is something I truly do not understand.

It seems to me that if we had a decent passing game this season, he would have stayed healthy AND probably run for as many or more yards than he did. The fact that he did what he did this past year with most of the defenders concentrating on him is pretty remarkable.

Varsity Bulldog sportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of light sportkid's Avatar

Why would you, on purpose, run off your best offensive player just so you could switch your offensive philosophy back to a passing game? I can understand wanting to be a passing team but you wouldn't pack up arguably the best running back in school history to do it, would you? Something's not making sense here. I guess I'll just hold judgment until the facts come out on this one.

SK

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

COME ON GUYS....

If anyone really said this, it's simply an attept to save face after Ryan already made up his mind to leave. It seems like an attempt to make it look like the school had any kind of a say-so in the matter.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

The first two sentences of BD25's post are correct. The remainder of BD's post is a huge pile of DUNG!

Puppy Thornhillbum2005 is on the way downThornhillbum2005 is on the way down

if this is true:
    leaving tech to play in the NFL is not even a decision. look at the big picture.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

If this is actually true, I'm glad he's leaving. He did a great job for Louisiana Tech and earned whatever the NFL can give him. Congrats Ryan, and good luck.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14
    The first two sentences of BD25's post are correct. The remainder of BD's post is a huge pile of DUNG!
    Exactly, Milton.
    Why say you're going to the draft when you have not even received an evaluation from the NFL on your projected draft round? Today is not the end of the Tech world for Ryan.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Man, I love Internet message board rumors.......... You just never know what is true or false.

I guess we will wait and see on this one.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Mick for clarifying the situation.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Mickey,

PLEASE do not ever leave this message board.

---all of us.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

This decision is STRICTLY a PERSONAL decision that involves family issues -

It's not about TECH becoming a "passing" team and it definitely isn't about him being told it would be in his best interests to come on out -

Like I said last week - I wish Ryan the best and I hope if he leaves early it is for the RIGHT reasons, not because of undue pressure from family, friends, coaches or out and out bad advice -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    Mickey,

PLEASE do not ever leave this message board.

---all of us.
    MEGA DITTOS!

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

I am not a huge NFL draft fan like some people. I don't live and die with Mel Kiper's next sentence, so I may not know what I am talking about here. But as talented as Moats is, I think another year in school helps him more than hurts him in the long run. He could put up great numbers next year with the schedule we play if he can ever stay fully healthy. And that is why he should stay. I am sure there are a lot of NFL teams that like him a lot but worry about his health because of the nagging injuries he has had at Tech, because of the serious leg injury he sustained in high school, and because scouts will have doubts about him and durability because of his lack of size and his injury history. He could put all of that to rest with a big, injury free senior year.
    If he goes best of luck, but I hope he stays, and not just for selfish "Tech fan" reasons.

Big Dog b_hoss_mac is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg25
    I just spoke to a source very close to Ryan and was told that he is not to make a decision until after the first of the year. He is probably going to enter the draft but no news today. Ryan was told basicly that we were a passing team, that's what works, and that if he stayed, he would not get the exposure next year that he had this year. It would be in his best interest to go ahead and leave.
    I don't know who your source is, but he is wrong. Everyone, do not believe what you read in this quote above.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by george
    But as talented as Moats is, I think another year in school helps him more than hurts him in the long run. He could put up great numbers next year with the schedule we play if he can ever stay fully healthy. And that is why he should stay. I am sure there are a lot of NFL teams that like him a lot but worry about his health because of the nagging injuries he has had at Tech, because of the serious leg injury he sustained in high school, and because scouts will have doubts about him and durability because of his lack of size and his injury history. He could put all of that to rest with a big, injury free senior year.
    I agree with you George.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Moats isn't ready for the NFL. Another year in school would do him good. I'm concerned that if he goes to the NFL now, his NFL career will be VERY short. 3rd & 4th round draft choices don't make enough money (they usually get small signing bonuses) the first 3 or 4 years to live off of the rest of their lives.

HD

+ Reply to Thread