+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UTEP LANDS A BIG ONE

Big Dog JL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the rough

UTEP LANDS A BIG ONE

This is from the CUSA board. See below.

"When I say huge, I mean it..all 6-7, 250 lb of him. UTEP beats out UCLA, LSU, Colorado and Duke among others.

USCFootball.com Recruiting Staff
    USCFootball.com

Pro-style quarterback Brandis Dew has made his final decision and his father said it is 100 percent firm. The 6-foot-7, 250-pound Dew had written scholarship offers from UCLA, Colorado, UTEP, LSU and Duke. He was hoping to receive an offer from the USC Trojans, but as of last week, it did not happen.

Rivals.com
    "Yesterday he committed to UTEP,” Brandis Dew’s father said last evening. “He likes Coach (Mike) Price and UTEP is a program on the rise.

“He was the most comfortable there. He will get to play quarterback, which is what he wanted. If USC had offered him as a defensive end, he probably would have accepted. UTEP made an in-home visit last Wednesday and visited for about two hours and then yesterday Brandis came home and said I know where I want to go to college. I told him then he should call the coach and commit - so it's a done deal."

Even though Brandis spent his weekend at USC, it is a done deal and his other trips will not be taken.

"The Colorado trip will be canceled and no others will be set,” he said. “It's a solid commitment. He will make the Cal-Florida bowl on Jan. 2.”

At 6-foot-7 and 250-pounds, Dew ended his senior season with the following statistics:

"Brandis had 172 completions out of 294 attempts for a 58.2 completion percentage with 2,805 yards, 42 touchdowns, ten interceptions and a QB rating of 146,” Mr. Dew said “He has career totals of 5,818 yards and 68 touchdowns. He made an unofficial visit to USC last week, but didn't get an offer or any additional interest really."

UTEP got a tall and talented quarterback for their future."

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Re: UTEP LANDS A BIG ONE

Are we recruiting a QB this year? or is it a down year?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I wonder what this kid's grade point average is? He doesn't sound real smart. I've been to UTEP, and it certainly isn't on par with Duke, Colorado, UCLA or LSU.

And as much as I appreciate him "liking" Mike Price, I'd be very surprised if Price is even around UTEP all 4 of this kids years. Just doesn't sound like a real smart choice to me.

HD

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Perhaps he's one of those "athletes" who just really wants to play quarterback instead of someplace - anyplace else - on the football field. It sounds like that was the way it would be with USC - maybe the other schools were thinking that way also. I'm trying to think of a 6'7" quarterback and can't think of one. He definitely ought to be able to see his targets!

+ Reply to Thread