+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attendance CUSA

Big Dog JL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the rough

Attendance CUSA

I question some of the numbers at the bottom of the list. This is from CUSA board. Has anyone seen this from the WAC.

Average football attendance per game

UTEP 41,209
    Memphis 41,175
    East Carolina 30,684
    Southern Miss 28,964
    Marshall 25,933
    Tulane 22,829
    Houston 21,167
    UAB 20,606
    Central Florida 19,952
    SMU 17,706
    Tulsa 16,906
    Rice 15,785

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/attend...GATTENDANCE.pdf

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Attendance CUSA

I think more than just the bottom of the list is questionable.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JL
    I question some of the numbers at the bottom of the list. This is from CUSA board. Has anyone seen this from the WAC.

Average football attendance per game

UTEP 41,209
    Memphis 41,175
    East Carolina 30,684
    Southern Miss 28,964
    Marshall 25,933
    Tulane 22,829
    Houston 21,167
    UAB 20,606
    Central Florida 19,952
    SMU 17,706
    Tulsa 16,906
    Rice 15,785

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/...ATTENDANCE.pdf
    Everything on this list --save for UTEP and USM-- is a lie. And I really mean it. This list is LAUGHABLE!

Tulane....almost 23K? In their dreams. Houston ....21K? Who are we kidding here?

I personally attended two (2) SMU games this year --including the La Tech game-- and neither game had more than 8K in attendance. And 3K attending the La Tech game were Tech fans.

Tulsa, we know better. I've attended 3 games at Tulsa's Skelly Stadium over the years, and I've never seen a good crowd. Never more than 12K.

ECU hasn't won but about 3 games in the last 2 years. Those ECU people are either lying about their attendance, or they are just plain stupid! Of course, playing UNC and NC State every year "artificially" helps ECU's numbers when they host.

Sorry guys, but Memphis football is not a household name either. I honestly believe their attendance is a HUGE exaggeration. Those Memphis snakes would like to their mother.

HD

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

HD,

I hate to say it, but the Memphis numbers are real.... Butts in seats... They have finally realized that FOOTBALL can be a huge cash cow and they don't have to be a bball school, only... The city of Memphis REALLY gets behind the football program when they are winning....

Tommy West will be hired away, though..... Calipari(aka snake oil salesman) makes over $1mil, compared to Tommy making under $500k...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Memdawg
    HD,

Tommy West will be hired away, though..... Calipari(aka snake oil salesman) makes over $1mil, compared to Tommy making under $500k...
    Kyle, that's one thing I don't understand. How are Boise, Louisville, Southern Miss, Marshall, Memphis,.....even UNT....etc..... holding on to their coaches? They aren't making THAT much money at these non-BCS schools.

HD

Bulldog bigjimfolsom has turned a few heads around herebigjimfolsom has turned a few heads around herebigjimfolsom has turned a few heads around here bigjimfolsom's Avatar

HogDawg,
    These coaches are stil there because they love their schools. I guarantee Stanford will offer up more money than Boise to Hawkins and he wil stay put. Petrino will probably jump ship just not sure where to. The other ones are probably scared to rise up to a challenge where they might not be as successful. Look at Jerry Glanville been out of coaching for years and all of a sudden wants to go to New Mexico State? Very odd but will be out within 3 years on to a bigger and better job is my guess.

Just my opinion,
    Jason Martin
    University of Nevada

Quote Originally Posted by bigjimfolsom
    HogDawg,
    These coaches are stil there because they love their schools. I guarantee Stanford will offer up more money than Boise to Hawkins and he wil stay put. Petrino will probably jump ship just not sure where to. The other ones are probably scared to rise up to a challenge where they might not be as successful. Look at Jerry Glanville been out of coaching for years and all of a sudden wants to go to New Mexico State? Very odd but will be out within 3 years on to a bigger and better job is my guess.

Just my opinion,
    Jason Martin
    University of Nevada
    I agree. Are you the former Tech QB Jason Martin?

HD

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

...I'm thinkin the numbers for Rice are the TOTAL # of people who attended Rice games in Houston.....

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens
    ...I'm thinkin the numbers for Rice are the TOTAL # of people who attended Rice games in Houston.....
    ... in this century!

+ Reply to Thread