+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CA Champs fence project

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

CA Champs fence project

I was reading on the CA Champs site at http://www.latechchamps.com/ca/ that the fence project was to begin construction in late November, but it doesn't look like anything has happened yet. What's the status?

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Re: CA Champs fence project

Quote Originally Posted by splicer
    I was reading on the CA Champs site at http://www.latechchamps.com/ca/ that the fence project was to begin construction in late November, but it doesn't look like anything has happened yet. What's the status?
    splicer,
    I talked to JO and RW a few weeks ago and they are going to wait and work the JAS fence along with the JC Love fence work. They said it would be complete by the spring game and there would be a "dedication" at that time. I apoligize for the lack of updates, but I don't get much info myself. I am putting together an "update" right now and will post it here asap.

Thanks,
    Brennan
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Update on the Johnny Ray Memorial Wrought Iron Fence Project at Aillet Stadium.

I have spoken with Jim Oakes and Ronny Walker about the current status of the Fence Project and wanted to let everyone know where it stands. The plan is for construction of the fence to begin sometime after the first of the year and be completed by the spring football game. They will also be a "dedication" of the project at the spring game.

To date Capital Area CHAMPS, with the loyal support of many Tech fans, has raised $12,390 towards the $20,000 goal for the project. We would like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to all who have contributed to the project. You can find a list of contributors on the "Donors" page of the web site (link below). I know we are all excited about seeing this much needed improvement to Joe Aillet Stadium.

For those who have not yet contributed, the fund raising effort will be concluded on Dec 31, 2004, so there is still time to be a part of the project. We have also had three donors pledge to add $250 to the project if we reach $15,000. Please help us reach this "bonus" and get even closer to our goal. This is a great project to honor a great Tech fan and friend.

You can keep up with the total raised and status of the project at www.capitalareachamps.com.

Thanks,
    Brennan Easley
    brennan@capitalareachamps.com

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the update!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Great job guys!

Varsity Bulldog Appledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really nice Appledog's Avatar

My check is in the mail today for $150.

Hopefully,
    there are a few more people out there to contribute to get to $15k and collect the bonus $$.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I notice the website said:
    "We plan to have drawings of the project available this weekend at the Fresno game."

any drawings available to see what it looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    I notice the website said:
    "We plan to have drawings of the project available this weekend at the Fresno game."

any drawings available to see what it looks like?
    Sorry I haven't had the site updated lately.

Yes, there are some drawings available. I have been working a lot lately, but I will see what I can do about getting them on the website.

I got an email from Ronny today with an update. They have selected a company to do the fence and the style of fence. The cement for the footings, bricks (thanks to a BB&Ber), and sand has all been donated. The goal is to have the columns done the middle of Jan. and the fence to start after that.

He also said they will begin sending out an email newsletter to CHAMPS members in Jan. so they will try and show pictures as they go.

Thanks,
    Brennan

Varsity Bulldog Appledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really nice Appledog's Avatar

Brennan,
    can you give a brief verbal description of the new fence?
    Also, is this only for the West side of the stadium?
    If so, is there a plan to do the East side?

Thanks in advance for any response.

Quote Originally Posted by Appledog
    Brennan,
    can you give a brief verbal description of the new fence?
    Also, is this only for the West side of the stadium?
    If so, is there a plan to do the East side?

Thanks in advance for any response.
    The drawings we got never showed what the fence would look like, but when I met with Ronny and Jim, we agreed to a fence that would resemble the fence in Independence Stadium. It will run from near the field house to the north end of the west side bleachers. It will be about 10' off the curb of the road that runs by the stadium. Yes, this is only for the west side. As far as I know they are NO plans to do the east side. Not my call.

Thanks for the donation. I have recieved a couple emails of people intending to send in more money. As soon as I talk to Ronny and get a list of recent donors, I will get the donors list update. Please check during the next week or two to make sure your name is added and let me know if it isn't.

Brennan

+ Reply to Thread