+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keith Prince

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Keith Prince

Quote Originally Posted by DarboneDon
    True, he used Tech for his advantage, but his real loyalities are with Monroe College...Not saying he is not a nice guy...but just know from where he writes these words...
    I shoot pictures for the News-Star on Friday nights. I live in West Monroe. So......Am I a friend of Tech as per your definition?
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    I don't think ulm should be accorded any special treatment, but I do think Tech should negotiate as favorable a deal, maybe a 2 for 1, or a 3 for 2 in FB, while the vail of the superior position still holds. Because, the first time Weatherbie gets his meat hooks in that moronic duo Bick/Hines, it's over! Better have a signed contract before the first game is played.

As for MBB, Richard is a dork and a lousy coach, and his personal feelings
    Dawg80, it's really scary how much you and I think alike. I was wondering how long it would be before some of our BB&B friends wised up and said "How about a 2 for 1"????

I agree, a 2 for 1 or a 3 for 2 in football SHOULD be plausible with ULM. I've said all along we should be playing them instead of those rediculous ULL morons from south Louisiana. A Tech-ULM game draws about 7K more fans than a Tech-ULL game in Ruston, and about 10K more than a game in Lafayette.

So, stick a fork in the "ULL rivalry" because we're done. And bring on AT LEAST a 3 for 2 with the Injuns!

HD

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

Dawgpic, Not sure I have a definition, I do read the Newstar and enjoy some of the pictures and stories. I believe that Monroe and West Monroe are Louisiana Tech country. So maybe you are a friend of Tech...How do you feel about it...are you a friend of Tech or not...Do you try to be fair and tell the story that is positive for Tech or do you push some other agenda?? Only you will know for sure...Again, I know that Tech will play Monroe C someday and yes I will be there. Things are not good at Tech right now and I am not sure that playing Monroe will move us in the direction that is best.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Dawgpic, Not sure I have a definition, I do read the Newstar and enjoy some of the pictures and stories. I believe that Monroe and West Monroe are Louisiana Tech country. So maybe you are a friend of Tech...How do you feel about it...are you a friend of Tech or not...Do you try to be fair and tell the story that is positive for Tech or do you push some other agenda?? Only you will know for sure...Again, I know that Tech will play Monroe C someday and yes I will be there. Things are not good at Tech right now and I am not sure that playing Monroe will move us in the direction that is best.
    Sorry Darbone, but you are in a fairy tale land. Expecting journalists to be your homer is way off base. Me telling you if I am a friend of any institution of your choice would be very unprofessional.
    Unlike you, I do not have an agenda.
    I also respecfully disagree with you that "things are not good at Tech". Overall, in my opinion the university is doing better than any other university in the state other than the flagship, LSU. Are there negatives? Well, yeah. Do I accentuate the negatives? Not really. If I issue real opinions, they're in the "recruiting" folder. Why? I don't care for the general public to be able to read about a school's dirty laundry, even if half of it is hearsay.
    tm

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

Dawgpic, Your are probably right I am in a fairyland...I like it when Tech wins by four TDs and it is not close. You have a good point about professionalism and I respect that. I agree with the state of Tech and perhaps some of the problem of which I refer are with the so called fans...Not Louisiana Tech...I do enjoy the pictures...

Dawgpic, Your are probably right I am in a fairyland...I like it when Tech wins by four TDs and it is not close. You have a good point about professionalism and I respect that. I agree with the state of Tech and perhaps some of the problem of which I refer are with the so called fans...Not Louisiana Tech...I do enjoy the pictures...
    I appreciate the compliment on the pix.
    My whole point was to let you know Keith Prince is NOT a bad person, he's an asset to our area and WE NEED him writing more. If a writer has an opinion or addresses an issue you don't agree with, voice your opinions to him(her). You never know, you might be able to change their view.
    tm

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in favor of playing ULM, but only in Ruston. Those against playing them need to get a grip and look at our program with a dose of reality.We are no better than ULM or ULL right now. We have regressed ever since we joined the WAC. ANd it appears that we will continue to move backwards while at least some of the ULM's and ULL's of the world are attempting to move forward.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    I'm in favor of playing ULM, but only in Ruston. Those against playing them need to get a grip and look at our program with a dose of reality.We are no better than ULM or ULL right now. We have regressed ever since we joined the WAC. ANd it appears that we will continue to move backwards while at least some of the ULM's and ULL's of the world are attempting to move forward.
    I know you are probably right but I just can not stand the idea. Your suggestion of "only in Ruston" would be the only way, and I mean only way, I would ever play NLU again! They barely brought 250 the last time we played in Ruston. It was the small time/town thinking of "kill two birds with one stone" as well as "being seen" high school mentality locals that pushed that over 20,000. To these folks it is just a tad bigger version of WM H.S. vs Ruston H.S. on a Saturday. They would rather watch those two then a decent WAC team at JAS. I say in Ruston only or never again!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    I know you are probably right but I just can not stand the idea. Your suggestion of "only in Ruston" would be the only way, and I mean only way, I would ever play NLU again! They barely brought 250 the last time we played in Ruston. It was the small time/town thinking of "kill two birds with one stone" as well as "being seen" high school mentality locals that pushed that over 20,000. To these folks it is just a tad bigger version of WM H.S. vs Ruston H.S. on a Saturday. They would rather watch those two then a decent WAC team at JAS. I say in Ruston only or never again!
    I agree with that. ULM did not support the last two games we played. That's why the games must be in Ruston, if at all.

Bulldog UTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really nice

I think playing ULM is good for a quick win, but there really is no rivalry that I can see (at least not anymore). The games are never competitive and as has been stated, they don't even bring any fans 30 miles down the road to watch. If we're going to be playing someone in the state for rivalry purposes, I think maybe it should be ULL. At least the games are competitive from time to time, and they did bring a few fans to ruston this year. The exposure gained in south louisiana by playing ULL down there every other year could be a plus too. Being from lafayette, I know first hand that a lot of people around there have no idea that Louisiana Tech in Ruston isn't a branch of the local technical college. Maybe I just want an excuse to go home and watch the bulldogs beat the cajuns every other year, but as the ULL football program continues to improve, this makes more and more sense to me.

+ Reply to Thread