+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Look at this crap

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Look at this crap

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1941831

It is freaking Steve Spurrier for crying out loud.

7 SEC championships and 1 National Championship.

BCA pulls out the race card again.

Varsity Bulldog gbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around here

Re: Look at this crap

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1941831

It is freaking Steve Spurrier for crying out loud.

7 SEC championships and 1 National Championship.

BCA pulls out the race card again.

Well, can you blame them? You've got 117 teams in div IA. The majority (not all) of players of any importance are black. Many of the players that are recruited heavily are black. These same players are earning the schools millions and millions of dollars. Basically what these schools are saying is that blacks are good enough to risk injury on the athletic field to provide entertainment for millions of dollars but only if whites lead them? That's ludicrous. The BCA doesn't have a problem with Steve Spurrier, they know he is an elite coach but geez you can't even give a black candidate an interview?? Just giving a coach an interview with a university like South Carolina would open eyes at other institutions for that person if he was turned down in favor of a Spurrier. That is why the BCA has a problem with USC's hiring process.

You can spin this the way you want but it is a sad day when so many blacks play in the NCAA but you can count the number of head coaches on one hand. You can save me the blacks are not qualified crap because I aint buying it.
    If we whites were to get over our power trip then the playing field would be much more level and there wouldn't be a need for a BCA or such organizations. If we are going to provide equal opportunity then reform is needed. Reform starts from the top and I don't see many blacks at the top of any universities or athletic departments.
    Under every Bush there is dirt. :icon_wink

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

More whites got fired from head coaching positions than blacks, and don't make this a race issue like the BCA is. They picked a fight with USC because of the states flag and them refusing to do anything about it. Where were the letters to all the other Universities, maybe UF, who did they interview besides Urban Meyer. Why isn't the BCA all up in UF's grill.

And that comment about most players being black and earning the schools miilions and the school not treating them right is a bunch of horse crap. That athlete is using that school so he can make millions in the NFL.

If you know without a doubt who to hire, why interview anyone else. Give them false hope and security or something. So basically your view is to interview someone whether white or black or green just to appease due process.

The BCA is out for publicity and to stir the pot.

Ohh yea and they do have a problem with Steve Spurrier, He's not black.

Varsity Bulldog gbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around here

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    More whites got fired from head coaching positions than blacks, and don't make this a race issue like the BCA is. They picked a fight with USC because of the states flag and them refusing to do anything about it. Where were the letters to all the other Universities, maybe UF, who did they interview besides Urban Meyer. Why isn't the BCA all up in UF's grill.

And that comment about most players being black and earning the schools miilions and the school not treating them right is a bunch of horse crap. That athlete is using that school so he can make millions in the NFL.

If you know without a doubt who to hire, why interview anyone else. Give them false hope and security or something. So basically your view is to interview someone whether white or black or green just to appease due process.

The BCA is out for publicity and to stir the pot.

Boy was that a stupid comment that I highlighted. Most players in college don't even get a sniff of the NFL. 117 colleges (not including Div II and III) over 60 players on those rosters vs 32 NFL teams with only about 10 realistic spots to be taken on each team...........you do the math.

Nobody ever said that appeasing is always bad. I mean this isn't WWII. I think blacks, Indians are owed at least an act of appeasement after we held them down for so many years. This country can never go forward until we whites show that we want it to. The NCAA football coaching situation is just a blatant replica of the United States of old (whites needing to be in charge of blacks). This needs to change and the South Carolina job is as good a place as any to start. Furthermore, I agree with you about the Florida situation. They should be looked at too.

I am not saying that any institution should hire a black/hispanic if they feel that person is not the best candidate but at least give them the opportunity. If this country really is the Land of Opportunity we need to live up to that and stop being hypocrites. Our hypocracy is one of the reasons we are hated around the world.
    Under every Bush there is dirt. :icon_wink

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Since some are into what percentage blacks compose of the players' pool, etc...I have the perfect solution. Just base EVERYTHING on the % of the population for every race. Blacks compose about 15% of the US pop, Asians about 5%, whites (which includes all ethnic groups and that means Hispanics too) are 80%. So, 8/10 players in EVERY sport, at EVERY level, should be white. The NBA, especially, is too black! I demand an end to these discrimatory practices!

So, yes, we must also apply those % to college FB coaching too, to be fair.

Therefore, out of 117 positions: 93 white, 18 black, 6 asian

And, I think Tech should lead the way by firing Bicknell and hiring Ty Willingham.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

well, if we're gonna get all worked up over black vs. white, then while we're at it we need to straighten out the NBA. White guys are being discriminated against because they can't get a job there.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gbg001
    Boy was that a stupid comment that I highlighted. Most players in college don't even get a sniff of the NFL. 117 colleges (not including Div II and III) over 60 players on those rosters vs 32 NFL teams with only about 10 realistic spots to be taken on each team...........you do the math.

Nobody ever said that appeasing is always bad. I mean this isn't WWII. I think blacks, Indians are owed at least an act of appeasement after we held them down for so many years. This country can never go forward until we whites show that we want it to. The NCAA football coaching situation is just a blatant replica of the United States of old (whites needing to be in charge of blacks).
    First off, many of the players who go onto play football go with the intention of trying to go to the NFL regardless of the odds of not making it, so they are indeed using a school to try attain their goals.

Secondly, you need to stop letting people make you feel guilty for something that happened before your time that you had not control over. The simple fact is that in more instances than not, blacks are holding themselves down just as whites do. For every successful black person I know, they achieved their successes by applying themselves and working to achieve their goals just like every successful white person I know has. The ones who haven't achieved (black, white, or whatever) always have someone other than themselves to blame.

Here's an idea. Why doesn't the BCA take up the challenge of looking into the admissions of law schools and medical schools and other professional schools across the U.S. to see how many whites aren't allowed in because they have to let less qualified minorities in. I'd be interested to see those numbers.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

We need to get the BCA to force us to fire Bick and hire Willingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg

Here's an idea. Why doesn't the BCA take up the challenge of looking into the admissions of law schools and medical schools and other professional schools across the U.S. to see how many whites aren't allowed in because they have to let less qualified minorities in. I'd be interested to see those numbers.
    No truer statement could have been said, It took me 3 years to get into medical school and I can guarantee you that I had very good qualifying scores and that minorities are not held to the same standard and are given more relaxed criteria to get into school.

I also know that the board of trustees at the school I went to hated that stipulation, but have their hands tied by minority groups. I am not bitter towards any of the process that was used to get me into school because I used the extra 3 years to better well round myself and gained a ton of experience that many premeds do not get, but for crying out loud it was

STEVE SPURRIER.

And it was only brought up because of it was at USC, now like I said before, where was the due process at the university of Florida. There wasn't any. UF knew there man went after him and got him, same as USC.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Since some are into what percentage blacks compose of the players' pool, etc...I have the perfect solution. Just base EVERYTHING on the % of the population for every race. Blacks compose about 15% of the US pop, Asians about 5%, whites (which includes all ethnic groups and that means Hispanics too) are 80%. So, 8/10 players in EVERY sport, at EVERY level, should be white. The NBA, especially, is too black! I demand an end to these discrimatory practices!

And, I think Tech should lead the way by firing Bicknell and hiring Ty Willingham.
    Great post!

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Did anyone read where an assistant to the Notre Dame President shaved her head to protest the firing of Willingham? She said she would keep it shaved until ND won a National Championship. Her head is going to get cold in those South Bend winters.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Same here Bossdawg. I was not accepted to medical school and had higher grades, MCAT, awards, etc. I could have had my birth certificate changed to Native American, my grandfather was a Choctaw Indian, and gotten in as a minority. I chose not to do that. I am a pharmacist now and happy in my chosen profession. The bottom line is: I shouldn't have to think about that. EVERYONE should be based on the same criteria. I believe all deserve a fair chance regardless of race, color, gender, etc. Do I think racism and discrimination occur? Yes, every day, but most of the time those who cry racism like the little boy who cried wolf, are the ones holding themselves back. They want things handed to them because they are "owed" something. Nobody owes anybody anything!!! If you want something bad enough, you will keep trying. Don't use racism as a crutch!

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

I definately wouldn't mind being made to can Jacky. But we should make them pay the $300,000 if they are going to "make" us fire Bick. It would be a win-win situation for both organizations. Imagine that, another black coach in the South and Louisiana of all places. We should look into this.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Uh oh, it's the old "logical" argument. That's not playing fair!

Great post, excellent points all the way around. I especially like the one about Ty Willingham being our head coach!

+ Reply to Thread