If Tech can hire a black coach with the right experience, I hope we get him. The comments about Grambling and Tech are interesting. We all know that segregation cost southern colleges a great deal in athletics as well as academics.

Had Tech been fully integrated or better still combined with Grambling in Bradshaw's time, Tech would have had a win against Alabama and some other MAJOR college teams in that era. Bradshaw did have the advantage of being able to see his receivers over the tops of his linemen's heads but as hard as those guys worked, a few Grambling linemen in the mix (and others too, I am sure) could have given Bradshaw records that might not yet have been broken.

There was never any doubt before integration that Grambling's athletic teams were generally superior to Tech's. I was at Tech for bachelor's and master's degrees from Jan. 1959 through May 1964 and I suspect most players from that era will acknowledge the accuracy of my assertion of Grambling's superiority. Can you name their coach, who, by the way, started there when I was a baby in 1941?