+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tech officials investigate report of fraternity hazing

Puppy TechDawg04 is an unknown

Tech officials investigate report of fraternity hazing

Tech officials investigate report of fraternity hazing
    Jordan Blum
    jblum@thenewsstar.com

December 10, 2004
    RUSTON - Louisiana Tech University officials are investigating hazing accusations against the Kappa Alpha Order fraternity stemming from an alleged incident Dec. 1 at its off-campus house.

James "Andy" Cummings, a sophomore fraternity pledge from Bossier City, filed a complaint with the Ruston Police Department the day of the alleged incident. It was not reported to university officials as hazing until this week, said Jim King, vice president of Student Affairs at Tech.

The allegations, yet to be corroborated, include fraternity members turning a hose on Cummings and also forcing him to eat a hamburger with chewing tobacco, King said. But no injuries have been reported, he added.

Cummings is the son of Bossier Parish Police Juror Brad Cummings.

"There's undoubtedly been some hazing involved from what my son tells me, and I believe what my son tells me," Brad Cummings said.

He declined to comment on the specific allegations, saying he will wait for the university and authorities to complete their investigations.

Kappa Alpha faculty adviser Gary Stokley said the fraternity does not condone hazing, and he does not believe the fraternity has a hazing problem.

"I don't think it happened the way the person said," Stokley said. "But we need to go through the proper due process."

The university is beginning an investigation that will be assisted by university police, King said. It will last about a week or less and will be reviewed by a student organization committee.

Fraternity president Clayton Flurry did not return a message left on his mobile telephone.

There was no answer at the front door of the fraternity house Thursday morning and two telephone book listings for the Kappa Alpha Order had been disconnected.
    ŠThe News-Star
    December 10, 2004
    Last edited by TechDawg04; 12-10-2004 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Tech officials investigate report of fraternity hazing

from what they said on the news last night, his dad is the one that filed the complaint not him. Now this may have changed, just stating what I heard.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I feel so bad for the KA's...

...wait, what?

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW, eating a burger while chewing tabacco. Sounds like something I would do as a dare when I was in college.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

don't they know that a tabacco hamburger is a famous north louisiana redneck recipe. Come on, that tabacco gives it a extra kick.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

COPENHAGEN!
    What a wad of flavor!

Sing along everyone ...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

If the kid was pledging Sigma Nu, Uncle Dan would've fixed everything...like he did the time they were drunk and fighting on the intramural field. When you choose to pledge, you know these things are gonna happen...if you're not interested, stay home...I did. This is no ookie on the cookie or elephant walking...I think the kid will live. Looks like the KA's may have messed with the wrong daddy. I love it.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Young men should all attend a U.S. military boot camp before entering college. They wouldn't need hazing at school!

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    ...like he did the time they were drunk and fighting on the intramural field.
    Which happens 4-5 times a year, every year. I consider it a time-honored tradition. Other fraternities start stuff on the intramural field due to a combination of losing a heated game and Kentucky Dale. Luckily, we here at 404 West Texas don't have that problem, blowing everyone out this year by an average of 4 touchdowns on our way to the football championship and yet another all-around Intramural Title.

I will give props to Tech for having Bobby Dowling patroling the sidelines this year, and I believe I even spotted our very own Rockett a time or two.

And by the way, hazing is NOT a way of life for every fraternity. Some (I'd go into detail, but a man can only toot his own horn so many times in one post) can get TREMENDOUS rush and initiation numbers with no hazing at all.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire
    Which happens 4-5 times a year, every year. I consider it a time-honored tradition. Other fraternities start stuff on the intramural field due to a combination of losing a heated game and Kentucky Dale. Luckily, we here at 404 West Texas don't have that problem, blowing everyone out this year by an average of 4 touchdowns on our way to the football championship and yet another all-around Intramural Title.

I will give props to Tech for having Bobby Dowling patroling the sidelines this year, and I believe I even spotted our very own Rockett a time or two.

And by the way, hazing is NOT a way of life for every fraternity. Some (I'd go into detail, but a man can only toot his own horn so many times in one post) can get TREMENDOUS rush and initiation numbers with no hazing at all.
    You keep blowing the fruitcakes out of the water.

Varsity Bulldog CYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    If the kid was pledging Sigma Nu, Uncle Dan would've fixed everything...like he did the time they were drunk and fighting on the intramural field. When you choose to pledge, you know these things are gonna happen...if you're not interested, stay home...I did. This is no ookie on the cookie or elephant walking...I think the kid will live. Looks like the KA's may have messed with the wrong daddy. I love it.
    How do they get drunk on milk?

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

As my son is a sigma nu, I have first hand knowledge that homecoming night, they had milk and cookies at the house for all to share.

Quote Originally Posted by CYFAIRDAWG
    How do they get drunk on milk?
    You substitute beer for the milk...no joke folks, they had pitchers on the intramural feild. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Puppy BlownF150 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Young men should all attend a U.S. military boot camp before entering college. They wouldn't need hazing at school!
    Or use the knowledge gained in BCT for hazing anyway....

Oh to have a few arty sims...

+ Reply to Thread