+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saints need to move

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Saints need to move

Good write up by the fishwrapper - time for the Saints to move on to other pastures. We have enough problems in Louisiana as taxpayers.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/editorial...CF53C9DD.shtml

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Re: Saints need to move

At the risk of getting some negative rep points....

THIS ARTICLE IS PLAIN OLD RIDICULOUS IGNORANCE TO THE ISSUES SURROUNDING THE SAINTS

What people like this moron think is that, wow, we can do a lot of other good things with $180+ million tax dollars!!!!

But guess what?

The money the state is paying the Saints is essentially a REBATE to Tom Benson. It's a proven fact, UNO did a study last year. Without the Saints, the $180 million doesn't exist in collected tax revenue. Not only directly from Benson, but from all the players mutimillion salaries, tourism directly attributed to the Saints, etc.

Keeping the Saints in New Orleans under the current proposals of renovating the Superdome going around is esentially an "economic push." It's just better to have them in our state for the intangible benefits, and all those Super Bowls sure help out the economy a lot, too.
    Last edited by domangue; 12-10-2004 at 09:21 AM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

This is a touchy situation. Just like here in Memphis, the "governments" have spent $250 million to build the new FedEx Forum, which was one of the pre-requisites for the Grizzlies to relocate here. Now, the city and county governments are facing deficits, and the schools are going broke.

What to do?

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Stand your ground Blanco! At least La. has a "do something" governor now instead of that deadbeat Foster.

The only thing the state should do is upgrade the Superdome. Period. If Benson doesn't like that, he can shove it up his a**!

Why is the state subsidizing the Saints? That is stupid! God Bless Texas!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Tell Benson the state will susidize him everytime they play in a super bowl.

Varsity Bulldog yobrefstank has turned a few heads around hereyobrefstank has turned a few heads around here yobrefstank's Avatar

Ya'll know Benson gets 100% of all the concession revenue at every (yes I said EVERY) event held at the superdome.

Louisiana could do without the Saints.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

I see no economic benefit (tangible or otherwise) to any parish north of Avoyelles, although I'm sure Nicholls State will be sad to see them go. Coincidentally, I read in the Times today that the City of Shreveport has banned panhandling in the city limits. Maybe the rest of the state needs to take the same approach with the Saints.

Blanco should call Benson's bluff. And yes, I think he is bluffing because the NFL is not going to let him up and move to just anywhere he wants. He'll be in LA, not San Antonio like he wants.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

He won't be in L.A. either ... a sports commentator made the astute observation that with an expansion team folks can get excited. Who on earth is going to be excited about a perrineal loser? It works in New Orleans because of the history. Anywhere else on earth? You have got to be kidding.

I say hold your ground. The Saints aren't going anywhere regardless and they know it.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by domangue
    At the risk of getting some negative rep points....

THIS ARTICLE IS PLAIN OLD RIDICULOUS IGNORANCE TO THE ISSUES SURROUNDING THE SAINTS

What people like this moron think is that, wow, we can do a lot of other good things with $180+ million tax dollars!!!!

But guess what?

The money the state is paying the Saints is essentially a REBATE to Tom Benson. It's a proven fact, UNO did a study last year. Without the Saints, the $180 million doesn't exist in collected tax revenue. Not only directly from Benson, but from all the players mutimillion salaries, tourism directly attributed to the Saints, etc.

Keeping the Saints in New Orleans under the current proposals of renovating the Superdome going around is esentially an "economic push." It's just better to have them in our state for the intangible benefits, and all those Super Bowls sure help out the economy a lot, too.
    There was another study done reported in the last month or so indicating the opposite and saying that the occasional Super Bowl and Sugar Bowl as well as the Saints don't provide income to compensate for the cost.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I say call benson's bluff. If he wants to move then we'll wave goodbye. No great loss in my book.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

In addition to my previous thoughts, I don't think a study published by a university located in New Orleans is unbiased enough to present the facts. Of course THEY are going to present it as a wash. It would be interesting to see the results of a truly INDEPENDENT study.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

The only reason I care whether there is pro football or pro basketball is so the college game will remain strong. I haven't watched pro football in two years and haven't watched pro basketball in six.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by weunice
    He won't be in L.A. either ... a sports commentator made the astute observation that with an expansion team folks can get excited. Who on earth is going to be excited about a perrineal loser? It works in New Orleans because of the history. Anywhere else on earth? You have got to be kidding.

I say hold your ground. The Saints aren't going anywhere regardless and they know it.
    Won't they at least send Aaron Brooks and Boo Williams to LA?

Haslett can drive the van.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    In addition to my previous thoughts, I don't think a study published by a university located in New Orleans is unbiased enough to present the facts. Of course THEY are going to present it as a wash. It would be interesting to see the results of a truly INDEPENDENT study.
    You just nailed it.

I am sure that a study done by a university in San Antonio would produce much more different findings than UNO.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    The only reason I care whether there is pro football or pro basketball is so the college game will remain strong. I haven't watched pro football in two years and haven't watched pro basketball in six.
    Careful Sooner. You will lose reputation points around here for criticizing or not watching any pro sports. I lost many points after I dogged on pro baseball and other chemical junkies in the pro arena.

+ Reply to Thread