+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WMHS Principal Gets It... Why Can't Our Prez?

Varsity Bulldog gbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around here

Re: WMHS Principal Gets It... Why Can't Our Prez?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    Wrong, that is taking political correctness too far. Mascot names are always used in a flattering way. Names that mean , strength , bravery , pride , or civic pride.

No team name is used in an unflattering way. Would a player play for a team called the Nazi's or The idiots? No. Do you think Steelworkers are pissed off the Pittsburgh football team is using their name? Of course not. They are proud. What about the Packers of Green Bay? DO you think packers , and steelworkers or boilermakers are offended because someone is using their name as a mascot the same way they use animal names as mascots? No they are not offended. I bet they are proud. I could care less if someone named their team the Caucasians. So it's not allright because it is the other guy. That statement is just false. I'm not black so I'm not going to speak on the Rebel thing. But the rest of your post is crap.
    How about all of your post IS crap. The groups you mention are groups of people that could change their association with that group if they wanted. If I felt offened by a team being called "packers" and I was a packer I could just quit and do something else. Hmm, I dont think an Indian can just quit being an Indian. There is another thing you fail to realize......a group that represents Indians in this country DO feel that naming teams after Indians is disrepectful to their race. The only problem is that Indians have virtually no representation in our nation's government.
    Under every Bush there is dirt. :icon_wink

Puppy Griffinsrugger is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by gbg001
    How about all of your post IS crap. The groups you mention are groups of people that could change their association with that group if they wanted. If I felt offened by a team being called "packers" and I was a packer I could just quit and do something else. Hmm, I dont think an Indian can just quit being an Indian. There is another thing you fail to realize......a group that represents Indians in this country DO feel that naming teams after Indians is disrepectful to their race. The only problem is that Indians have virtually no representation in our nation's government.
    gbg001, you are a dumbass.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinsrugger
    gbg001, you are a dumbass.

Pretty much sums it up.

Varsity Bulldog gbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around here

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    Pretty much sums it up.

Typical responses when you have no substance to refute my claim or one to back your owns.

I'm sure you've heard the old saying "the truth hurts".
    Under every Bush there is dirt. :icon_wink

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

gbg001,

I have never seen a post (claim) by you that has ANY substance.

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Just to clarify things... (and I'm not a WM Rebel or even a sympathizer) -- Despite the fact that they wave rebel flags at their football games, the nickname rebel comes from when the West Monroe community split from the schools across the river and started their own school. They were perceived as a bunch of rebels... and the nickname stuck. It has nothing to do with Johnny Reb, the Civil War, or anything racist.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gbg001
    Typical responses when you have no substance to refute my claim or one to back your owns.

I'm sure you've heard the old saying "the truth hurts".
    No, there is no truth there that would hurt me in the slightest. I have enough common sense to realize that I am not responsible for something that happened before I was even a gleam in my father's eye. Bleeding hearts, as you appear to be, are just another one of the extremes that we encounter on our journey through life. I respect neither the extreme right nor the extreme left. Both are alarmists that only succeed in making life difficult for themselves and I have found it to be a complete waste of valuable time to argue or discuss issues with either one because of the total lack of common sense they exhibit.

I still think DR's office needs to be made aware of the article that started this thread.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Actually, gbg, there was a team a year or so ago that decided to call itself the Fightin Whiteys. Most of the Caucasians on this board thought that was pretty amusing and had no problem with it.

Big Dog dj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant future

Not to mention such traditional nicknames as the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Minnesota Vikings, the ULL Ragin' Cajuns, ...

Carrying chips on your shoulders only weighs you down!

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

The article didn't explain how WMHS football benefited Ouachita Parish Schools. I guess WMHS was getting benefits when Ouachita and Neville were going to the championship and running their doggies over WMHS to get there.

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice

You guys should see what the President of UW said about how important football is to a university. He was the former President of LSU that hired Coach Saban. I think you can find the quote on ESPN.com! That is what you should send Dr. Reneau! "Football is the front porch of a University!," President Emmert.

Although I do agree that the University of West Monroe has better facilities and more money in their athletic program then Tech, they still can't beat a little class A school from Shreveport, Louisiana!

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG28
    Although I do agree that the University of West Monroe has better facilities and more money in their athletic program then Tech, they still can't beat a little class A school from Shreveport, Louisiana!
    Evangel: "Our holdbacks can beat your holdbacks any day of the week!"
    Have fun taking on Boothville-Venice next year. Should be a classic.
    Of course, there are some on here that will tell you I am a conservative lemming without a mind or compass -- CARTEK

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice

The only way West Monroe can win is if they get ECA kicked down to 1-A! That is pretty pathetic! I would be ashamed if I let a little single A school from Shreveport kick my ass year in and year out!

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar

I hate West Monroe equally. It and Evangel are two of the best examples of what is wrong with high school football in Louisiana.

DC:

What team do you follow! I follow the Bearcats and the Eagles! I have to disagree with you about West Monroe! What is wrong with being a WINNER! Are you Dan Reneau?

+ Reply to Thread