+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tough day at the office for Luke

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Tough day at the office for Luke

Luke is having a tough day today. It is snowing and nasty. He does have a TD, but, 1 int and 1 called back due to a penalty. He has also been sacked 4 times and it is only the 2nd quarter. Hopefully he will be able to pick it up. I guess it is good they are letting him get the experience now - hopefully he can get all of the mistakes out of the way. Right now the Browns have 1 yard of offense.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Tough day at the office for Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    Luke is having a tough day today. It is snowing and nasty. He does have a TD, but, 1 int and 1 called back due to a penalty. He has also been sacked 4 times and it is only the 2nd quarter. Hopefully he will be able to pick it up. I guess it is good they are letting him get the experience now - hopefully he can get all of the mistakes out of the way. Right now the Browns have 1 yard of offense.
    For Luke to be successful as a rookie they need to get a running attack going. Their starting RB is 9 carries for 7 yards so far. That whole offense sucks.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Luke stunk it up today, and without a doubt will hear about it from the Cleveland fans. I know I'll take some crap for saying this but Luke is not that good. I get a good laugh everytime someone makes comparisons of Luke's ablility to Rattay's.

If Luke thought if was unfair the way we treated him his senior year then he's in for a real shock if he has another 8-20 for 62 yards. The Cleveland fans and media types won't be nearly as patient and understanding as we were.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I agree BD. They are really a bad team. I can't believe they brought in Garcia for the 4th quarter like it was Luke's fault or something. The entire offense was bad. The receivers dropped the ball, the RB fumbled, and the line never got to the game. They brought in Garcia and he played until he fumbled the second or third snap and then he got hurt. What a bad team with no hope.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    I agree BD. They are really a bad team. I can't believe they brought in Garcia for the 4th quarter like it was Luke's fault or something. The entire offense was bad. The receivers dropped the ball, the RB fumbled, and the line never got to the game. They brought in Garcia and he played until he fumbled the second or third snap and then he got hurt. What a bad team with no hope.
    Midway thru the 4th qt. The starting RB (Green) was 11 carries for 5 yards. They have no WR's and a rookie QB starting. Doesnt get much uglier than that. Buffalo has a very good D though.

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    Luke stunk it up today, and without a doubt will hear about it from the Cleveland fans. I know I'll take some crap for saying this but Luke is not that good. I get a good laugh everytime someone makes comparisons of Luke's ablility to Rattay's.

If Luke thought if was unfair the way we treated him his senior year then he's in for a real shock if he has another 8-20 for 62 yards. The Cleveland fans and media types won't be nearly as patient and understanding as we were.
    I don't think I have ever seen someone on this board ever say Luke was better than Rattay. Not once.

Sounds like you WANT Luke to fail. I want every Tech player to succeed in the NFL. BAR none.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    I want every Tech player to succeed in the NFL. BAR none.
    Me too.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    I don't think I have ever seen someone on this board ever say Luke was better than Rattay. Not once.

Sounds like you WANT Luke to fail. I want every Tech player to succeed in the NFL. BAR none.
    I said "comparisons", that means equal talent. Many on here do think that Luke has equal ability. Do you??

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember anyone saying Luke was a better QB than Tim. I've never seen that on this message board. As a matter of fact, he's taken quite a beating here. I think both of them are getting hammered on awful teams this season. I really hope they can both get some help and become the sucessful NFL quarterbacks I know they can be.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    I said "comparisons", that means equal talent. Many on here do think that Luke has equal ability. Do you??
    Any comparison between Luke and Tim is rediculous (including comparisons that say Tim is obviously better). They both worked with very different teams, OC's, and HC's. Tim had an NFL quality reciever, Luke definitely couldn't say that. I'm not saying one is better or worse...I'm merely pointing out that any comparison is foolish, apples and oranges stuff.

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Any comparison between Luke and Tim is rediculous (including comparisons that say Tim is obviously better). They both worked with very different teams, OC's, and HC's. Tim had an NFL quality reciever, Luke definitely couldn't say that. I'm not saying one is better or worse...I'm merely pointing out that any comparison is foolish, apples and oranges stuff.
    They weren't given a chance to prove they were NFL WRs because Luke couldn't get them the ball. Luke's problems are all mental, Tim never made the mental mistakes that Luke did, or 99% of the QBs for that matter.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBP
    They weren't given a chance to prove they were NFL WRs because Luke couldn't get them the ball. Luke's problems are all mental, Tim never made the mental mistakes that Luke did, or 99% of the QBs for that matter.
    I disagree. They had plenty of chances. I'd love to hear your argument about who the Troy Edwards-type was during Lukes tenure. Not to mention Luke played behind one of the worst offensive lines in the NCAA. Luke's problems originated on the side-lines and the tutoring he recieved about reading defenses. Apples and oranges...period.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Not to mention Luke played behind one of the worst offensive lines in the NCAA.
    We were preparing him to go to Cleveland or San Francisco. I can hardly believe that people get paid to play that poorly. The OL hardly gives the QB time to get the ball before they are crushed. Unfortunately that can be a confidence killer - I hope that doesn't happen.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Football Re: Tough day at the office for Luke

McCown only out of danger

By Marla Ridenour, Beacon Journal staff writer

BEREA - Browns rookie quarterback Luke McCown might have opened his eyes cautiously in the dawn's early light of Monday and breathed a sigh of relief.

He'd survived the fifth-worst offensive day in NFL history in Sunday's 37-7 loss to the Buffalo Bills. The Browns netted just 17 yards as McCown was sacked seven times and threw two interceptions, producing a 25.4 passer rating.

"I went to bed last night just hoping I'd wake up this morning," McCown said.

Interim coach Terry Robiskie was tough in his assessment of McCown, a fourth-round pick from Louisiana Tech who was making the second start of his NFL career.

"We all see the pressure he was under," Robiskie said. "I told him this morning that if he makes his proper reads and gets the ball out of his hand, then there will not be any pressure. The pressure comes from him looking somewhere he is not supposed to be and not making the right reads."

Robiskie said one of pet peeves with McCown is his four interceptions.

"You shouldn't have to learn to protect the football," Robiskie said. "You learn that the first day you start playing. I can tell him he's got to learn Cover 2, Cover 3, to throw it to X and Z.

"(Sunday) when he came off to the right and threw that first interception, before I could go over there and yell at him, Jeff (Garcia) was already over there yelling at him."

McCown concedes that he had problems in the worst conditions he'd ever experienced and it wasn't just with the balls "danged near coated with ice" in snowy Ralph Wilson Stadium.

"I'm not to the point where I can look people off and comfortably come back and make a read, which is what I'm trying to do," McCown said. "That may end up hurting me because defenses will start reading my eyes." As eight-year veteran Kelly Holcomb observed: "Luke got a bitter taste of the NFL yesterday. Those guys are like piranhas; when blood's in the water, they go after them."

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues
    McCown only out of danger

By Marla Ridenour, Beacon Journal staff writer

BEREA - Browns rookie quarterback Luke McCown might have opened his eyes cautiously in the dawn's early light of Monday and breathed a sigh of relief.

He'd survived the fifth-worst offensive day in NFL history in Sunday's 37-7 loss to the Buffalo Bills. The Browns netted just 17 yards as McCown was sacked seven times and threw two interceptions, producing a 25.4 passer rating.

"I went to bed last night just hoping I'd wake up this morning," McCown said.

Interim coach Terry Robiskie was tough in his assessment of McCown, a fourth-round pick from Louisiana Tech who was making the second start of his NFL career.

"We all see the pressure he was under," Robiskie said. "I told him this morning that if he makes his proper reads and gets the ball out of his hand, then there will not be any pressure. The pressure comes from him looking somewhere he is not supposed to be and not making the right reads."

Robiskie said one of pet peeves with McCown is his four interceptions.

"You shouldn't have to learn to protect the football," Robiskie said. "You learn that the first day you start playing. I can tell him he's got to learn Cover 2, Cover 3, to throw it to X and Z.

"(Sunday) when he came off to the right and threw that first interception, before I could go over there and yell at him, Jeff (Garcia) was already over there yelling at him."

McCown concedes that he had problems in the worst conditions he'd ever experienced and it wasn't just with the balls "danged near coated with ice" in snowy Ralph Wilson Stadium.

"I'm not to the point where I can look people off and comfortably come back and make a read, which is what I'm trying to do," McCown said. "That may end up hurting me because defenses will start reading my eyes." As eight-year veteran Kelly Holcomb observed: "Luke got a bitter taste of the NFL yesterday. Those guys are like piranhas; when blood's in the water, they go after them."

Sounds like Luke knows where he needs to improve. If Bicknell had jumped his a$$ like that instead of hugging him every time he threw an int. Luke would be a much better QB right now. Bick should have taught him , benched him, you name it. There was no coaching going on. He was a great fresh. QB and an avg. SR. qb. That wreaks of bad coaching. But Luke now knows what he has to do. He has coaches teaching him. If he fails now I will lay it all on him.

+ Reply to Thread