+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We are a BAD team

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: We are a BAD team

I think we were actually 6-27 from the free throw line. I could find a bunch 4th graders who could shoot better than that.

Richard should be fired for that stat alone.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    I think we were actually 6-27 from the free throw line. I could find a bunch 4th graders who could shoot better than that.

Richard should be fired for that stat alone.
    Wow. He missed that many?
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

T-mo

I'm about as big a KR backer there is, but to continually struggle with to's and free throw shooting is nothing but DISCIPLINE -

Especially the freethrows -

The turnovers come during the flow of the game, I can kinda understand the struggling there by Dean and Allick - don't like it, but can understand it -

However - DISCIPLINE to stay and shoot FT's until it is one natural motion has to be instilled from the top -

This group should have been in the gym Sunday morning at 5:00am running gassers and then shooting FTs until they puked -

FT shooting cost us 5 ballgames last year and has already cost us 1 game this year and almost cost us the Tulane game -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Wow. He missed that many?
    tm
    Nope, but he recruited the players that did. And he obviously doesn't stress practicing free throws. I've always believed you have to practice shooting free throws in game type situations - shooting 1 or two at a time as well as just standing there shooting 50 in a row where you can get in a rythym.

But I suppose you would rather just not hold anyone accountable? That is the politically correct theing to do.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    T-mo

I'm about as big a KR backer there is, but to continually struggle with to's and free throw shooting is nothing but DISCIPLINE -

Especially the freethrows -

The turnovers come during the flow of the game, I can kinda understand the struggling there by Dean and Allick - don't like it, but can understand it -

However - DISCIPLINE to stay and shoot FT's until it is one natural motion has to be instilled from the top -

This group should have been in the gym Sunday morning at 5:00am running gassers and then shooting FTs until they puked -

FT shooting cost us 5 ballgames last year and has already cost us 1 game this year and almost cost us the Tulane game -
    D--
    Freethrows? You get what you recruit. Gassers or no gassers. Pride or no pride. Hey, it took Karl forever to respect the freethrow and he's the one who used to get whacked all game, every game all his life.tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect
    Boxerdog, try Byron Scott not Allen.
    I think Byron Allen is somebody famous. Maybe a comedian?

Puppy go_mcneese04 is an unknown

But to just barely hang on against a McNeese team that won only three games last year is unacceptable.

That is not correct. McNeese was 11-16 in the '03-'04 year.

Chris V.
    Last edited by go_mcneese04; 12-15-2004 at 05:22 PM.

Varsity Bulldog CHAMP9901 is an unknown

Basketball Re: We are a BAD team

Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    Couldn't agree with you more. Our Men's basketball team is bad. I still think we should have promoted Overton instead of Richard. How long has Richard been the coach now?
    Don thanks for posting, however Bo was let go a year and a half before Keith got the head job. Bo is a friend of mine but he was let go by JIm because his recruits that he kept bringing in were not ood enough players to help us win. Bo was fired and Coach Wooldridge brought in Charles Baker to replace Bo. Charles brought Craig Jackson, Curtis Williams, Ira Miller, and Marco Cole that led us along with Lonnie and Derek to the Conference championship in 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    I think Byron Allen is somebody famous. Maybe a comedian?
    Byron Allen Plays for Northwestern State and he is good.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by go_mcneese04
    But to just barely hang on against a McNeese team that won only three games last year is unacceptable.

That is not correct. McNeese was 11-16 in the '03-'04 year.

Chris V.
    My mistake. Did ya'll recently (as in the last three years) have a really rock bottom season, like only 3 or 4 wins, or do I have ya'll confused with another team altogether?

It's still unacceptable, no offense.

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down

Quote Originally Posted by CHAMP9901
    Don thanks for posting, however Bo was let go a year and a half before Keith got the head job. Bo is a friend of mine but he was let go by JIm because his recruits that he kept bringing in were not ood enough players to help us win. Bo was fired and Coach Wooldridge brought in Charles Baker to replace Bo. Charles brought Craig Jackson, Curtis Williams, Ira Miller, and Marco Cole that led us along with Lonnie and Derek to the Conference championship in 1999.
    Bo wanted to recruit HS players, but JO didn't want to sign them because he wanted JC players. Oakes should be fired for choosing KR over Bo. What idoit would chose an NLU grad over a former Oklahoma PG. With Bo, I guarentee you that we would have a PG.

Puppy go_mcneese04 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstorm
    My mistake. Did ya'll recently (as in the last three years) have a really rock bottom season, like only 3 or 4 wins, or do I have ya'll confused with another team altogether?

It's still unacceptable, no offense.
    I thhink it was the '00-'01 year. Three starters injured prior to Christmas and that resulted in a 8 or 9 win season. The good part was, two of those starters got the year back, and the next year we made it to the NIT. Lost to your current (soon to be former) conference affiliate, UTEP.

Chris V.

Quote Originally Posted by LBP
    Bo wanted to recruit HS players, but JO didn't want to sign them because he wanted JC players. Oakes should be fired for choosing KR over Bo. What idoit would chose an NLU grad over a former Oklahoma PG. With Bo, I guarentee you that we would have a PG.
    You are wrong LBP. Private message me and I will tell you the truth.

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down

Quote Originally Posted by CHAMP9901
    Bo was fired and Coach Wooldridge brought in Charles Baker to replace Bo. Charles brought Craig Jackson, Curtis Williams, Ira Miller, and Marco Cole that led us along with Lonnie and Derek to the Conference championship in 1999.
    Charles Baker was those guys HC at Shorter JC. That is why we got those guys. Just more shady recruiting by Woo and KR. A lot of people would consider that illegal recruiting tactics that should put us on probation. It is embrassing for the low levels that KR will do to get a recruit. KR may get us on probation, but with him as HC we are putting ourselves on probation. What is the NCAA going to do ban us from postseason, take away some schlarships so we can't sign all of those jucos. Woo wouldn't let Bo bring anybody in, Bo wanted HS guys and all of our guys were jucos.

Quote Originally Posted by LBP
    Charles Baker was those guys HC at Shorter JC. That is why we got those guys. Just more shady recruiting by Woo and KR. A lot of people would consider that illegal recruiting tactics that should put us on probation. It is embrassing for the low levels that KR will do to get a recruit. KR may get us on probation, but with him as HC we are putting ourselves on probation. What is the NCAA going to do ban us from postseason, take away some schlarships so we can't sign all of those jucos. Woo wouldn't let Bo bring anybody in, Bo wanted HS guys and all of our guys were jucos.
    First of all I know first hand what Jim, Keith, and Bo wanted first hand because I was there! Dont ever question what I know about mens basketball. Keith has not done a great job recruiting, I will give you that, but bringing in Baker was not unethical or illegal. For your information, I know Charles was their Juco coach. I know exactly how it went down, & why Bo was let go. Keith had nothing to do with that. Bo's Signings were Carlos Besningrolen, Cornelius Paul, Jaque Collins, just to name a few that he brought to the program that had nothing to do with JIm or Keith and of coarse did not pan out. I like Bo and always have, but this crap about Jim made him recruit this player or that is dead wrong. Jim used to gripe at Bo for not bringing in good players! This happened more than once. In recruiting meetings all the coaches would talk about guys that they liked and wanted to recruit, Bo was constantly talking about recruiting JUco kids that were marginal at best. Get your story straight, I am right abiut this one!

+ Reply to Thread