+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOATS-AP ALL-AMERICAN

Varsity Bulldog finndawg has turned a few heads around herefinndawg has turned a few heads around herefinndawg has turned a few heads around here

MOATS-AP ALL-AMERICAN

NOT THIS YEAR..... The first, second and third teams announced and no Moats, the North Texas guy got third team All-American RB... Moats better come back next year, not enough stock value...

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: MOATS-AP ALL-AMERICAN

Quote Originally Posted by finndawg
    NOT THIS YEAR..... The first, second and third teams announced and no Moats, the North Texas guy got third team All-American RB... Moats better come back next year, not enough stock value...
    Yeah, he had huge games against Nevada, Fresno, ULL, SMU, Hawaii, and Tulsa, but didn't get 100 yards on any of the other teams that Tech played, and none of the forementioned were ranked but FSU and we all know that they were overrated at the time. Most of those teams were probably in the bottom 20 in run defense.

He got 1369 of his yards against those first six teams, and only 405 against the other six teams. I realize he was injured for some of that, but it is what it is and he would have had to do much better than that against the big boys regardless of the situation to garner serious national respect.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MonreauxTiger
    Yeah, he had huge games against Nevada, Fresno, ULL, SMU, Hawaii, and Tulsa, but didn't get 100 yards on any of the other teams that Tech played, and none of the forementioned were ranked but FSU and we all know that they were overrated at the time. Most of those teams were probably in the bottom 20 in run defense.

He got 1369 of his yards against those first six teams, and only 405 against the other six teams. I realize he was injured for some of that, but it is what it is and he would have had to do much better than that against the big boys regardless of the situation to garner serious national respect.
    Don't forget the 126 he had in one half against last year's LSU defense. We didn't have the passing offense to take pressure off him this year. Every defense we faced stacked the box and forced us to throw. He is an exceptional player to rush for 1700 yards when every defense's focus was on him alone. I shouldn't have to say all this, though....you must have never seen him play. I am biased, but to me, he is the best back in the nation.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

MT just figures he can't be worth a crap. Afterall, he went to Tech. But wait, MT went to Tech, too. HMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

MT is on the the mark in his analysis.

Although that doesn't justify why the North Texas back received 3rd team.

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: MOATS-AP ALL-AMERICAN

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg
    MT is on the the mark in his analysis.

Although that doesn't justify why the North Texas back received 3rd team.
    Because the North Texas running back is one helluva player! And only a Freshman!

Watch him tomorrow night on ESPN, 6:30PM. It's bowl season!

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeepGreen
    Because the North Texas running back is one helluva player! And only a Freshman!

He's a good running back, but he's also a good running back in the Sun Belt conference. If Ryan was in the Sun Belt, he would've had well over 2,000 yards in rushing. Good luck tomorrow night though since we'll be watching the bowl games from the couch.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

It isn't bowl season yet. It is still a couple of more weeks away. Tomorrow is just filler.

Just ragging ya. The dogs would love to play anywhere this year.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I've missed you. You're statement doesn't address UNT's running back being placed above Moats. I'm certain you didn't follow Moats, so your opinion isn't worth much. Moats definitely played well enough for serious consideration when you look at the RB's that did make it. Moats is a quality player who deserved more in his final season than he got. Be happy about Capital One and go flame on Iowa's message board.

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    He's a good running back, but he's also a good running back in the Sun Belt conference. If Ryan was in the Sun Belt, he would've had well over 2,000 yards in rushing. Good luck tomorrow night though since we'll be watching the bowl games from the couch.
    One of your own posters said that Moats got most of his yards(1369) against Nevada(5-7), Fresno(8-3), ULL(4-7), SMU(3-8), Hawaii(7-5), and Tulsa(4-8). Take away Fresno and Hawaii and you have big games against the lower WAC teams.

No, I don't buy the "if Ryan was in the Sun Belt" he would've..........

And for what it's worth, I think Ryan is a premier back who will be fun to watch on Sundays. Hope he stays another year at Tech. It would be fun to watch Moats and Thomas go head to head next fall.
    Last edited by DeepGreen; 12-14-2004 at 01:33 PM.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

One of your own posters said that Moats got most of his yards(1369) against Nevada(5-7), Fresno(8-3), ULL(4-7), SMU(3-8), Hawaii(7-5), and Tulsa(4-8). Take away Fresno and Tulsa and you have big games against the lower WAC teams.

No, I don't buy the "if Ryan was in the Sun Belt" he would've..........

And for what it's worth, I think Ryan is a premier back who will be fun to watch on Sundays. Hope he stays another year at Tech. It would be fun to watch Moats and Thomas go head to head next fall.
    Please don't confuse Monreaux Tiger with one of us. He's a flamer that shows up to rub our noses in our school's demise. I'll try and help you relate...he's the guy that went to UNT decked out in UT or A&M gear. He justifies this saying he always cheered for them as a tot and it's okay to forsake his alma mater for the team that is more successful. Then he'll throw you some info that you didn't ask for about his grad degree. You're right that Ryan is premier and I'll give it to Thomas that he is quite a running back. Hopefully the big boys in Texas will regret passing him up. Good luck in the NO bowl. We'll be watching for the score from our seats in the toilet bowl.

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won
    Don't forget the 126 he had in one half against last year's LSU defense. We didn't have the passing offense to take pressure off him this year. Every defense we faced stacked the box and forced us to throw. He is an exceptional player to rush for 1700 yards when every defense's focus was on him alone. I shouldn't have to say all this, though....you must have never seen him play. I am biased, but to me, he is the best back in the nation.
    This is exactly why nobody takes you guys seriously. My post was a realistic view of why Moats didn't get make the AP All American team THIS YEAR, and you flip into something he did last year. I did watch him this year and last year and I know the guy is a great talent, but look at the statistics objectively and you will see that he had the huge games against some of the worst defenses in the country, and he didn't do nearly as well against the better competition.

As for the N Texas guy, I wouldn't have included him for many of the same reasons, but no one can really complain about him or Moats if Moats would have made it. They both had great seasons. Look, I've tried to be much more civil on here in hopes that there could be some debates or discussions without all of the crap. These All American things are National awards and if you can do it against the Ull's, Tulsa's, and Hawaii's, but can't against the Miami's, Tennessee's, and Auburn's, then you WILL NOT win those awards whether you like it or not. Nobody cares whether he was hurt or whether Bicknell kept him out of the game or whether the QB threw 10 picks and he never got any carries. The bottom line is production and he just didn't get it done when he needed to. PERIOD!

Again, I think he is a great back so don't try and turn this into me slamming Tech because I'm not.
    Last edited by MonreauxTiger; 12-14-2004 at 09:31 AM.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

That will be a game I look forward to.

Varsity Bulldog MG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the ears

Jamario Thomas article FRONT PAGE of 12/14 Los Angeles Times Sports Section

http://www.gomeangreen.com/board2/in...T&f=1&t=19323&

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

This is exactly why nobody takes you guys seriously. My post was a realistic view of why Moats didn't get make the AP All American team THIS YEAR, and you flip into something he did last year. I did watch him this year and last year and I know the guy is a great talent, but look at the statistics objectively and you will see that he had the huge games against some of the worst defenses in the country, and he didn't do nearly as well against the better competition.

As for the N Texas guy, I wouldn't have included him for many of the same reasons, but no one can really complain about him or Moats if Moats would have made it. They both had great seasons. Look, I've tried to be much more civil on here in hopes that there could be some debates or discussions without all of the crap. These All American things are National awards and if you can do it against the Ull's, Tulsa's, and Hawaii's, but can't against the Miami's, Tennessee's, and Auburn's, then you WILL NOT win those awards whether you like it or not. Nobody cares whether he was hurt or whether Bicknell kept him out of the game or whether the QB threw 10 picks and he never got any carries. The bottom line is production and he just didn't get it done when he needed to. PERIOD!

Again, I think he is a great back so don't try and turn this into me slamming Tech because I'm not.
    OK, I'll cut you some slack MT. Yes, if you are basing the All-American bid on who rushed for the most yards on who, then Moats should not be honored. My only point was that it should not be a knock on Moats that he couldn't get 100 yards against Miami, Tennessee, or Auburn. Our line is not anywhere close to being capable of knocking those teams off the ball. However, if Moats played for LSU, he would easily get 200 yards rushing on Auburn. Or if he played for Oklahoma, he would easily get 200 yards rushing on LSU. When he played against comparable teams to Tech, he got 200 + yards. He is phenomenal. The other backs are good, but get alot of help from the guys up front.

+ Reply to Thread