+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Dirty" dilemma

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

"Dirty" dilemma

I need some advice from my fellow Christians. I have received a note from my child's school that I've been anticipating for a while. The note has to do with their "Winter Get Together" party that will be taking place next week before they leave for the holidays. The subject of the note was to explain that the kids (10 year old fifth graders) are going to be having a gift exchange. The way the exchange is to work is that one person gets the gift and then the next person gets a gift and can decide to take the previous person's gift if it is more desirable. So that there won't be problems with gender oriented gifts, the teacher has decided to make the object given a universal choice. In other words, the gifts will all be boxers. She has sent a note home directing parents to go out and buy a pair of large Christmas boxers, the more outrageous the better. These are to be wrapped for the party. The boxers will be worn at a space camp they'll be attending in the spring. The dilemma I face is trying to decide if I'm overreacting in thinking that it's inappropriate for kids to give out undergarments for gifts and if I should recommend to the teacher some other gift. Several years ago, his class exchanged books. What do you all think. Is it harmless for kids to be giving adult boxers as gifts?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Re: "Dirty" dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I need some advice from my fellow Christians. I have received a note from my child's school that I've been anticipating for a while. The note has to do with their "Winter Get Together" party that will be taking place next week before they leave for the holidays. The subject of the note was to explain that the kids (10 year old fifth graders) are going to be having a gift exchange. The way the exchange is to work is that one person gets the gift and then the next person gets a gift and can decide to take the previous person's gift if it is more desirable. So that there won't be problems with gender oriented gifts, the teacher has decided to make the object given a universal choice. In other words, the gifts will all be boxers. She has sent a note home directing parents to go out and buy a pair of large Christmas boxers, the more outrageous the better. These are to be wrapped for the party. The boxers will be worn at a space camp they'll be attending in the spring. The dilemma I face is trying to decide if I'm overreacting in thinking that it's inappropriate for kids to give out undergarments for gifts and if I should recommend to the teacher some other gift. Several years ago, his class exchanged books. What do you all think. Is it harmless for kids to be giving adult boxers as gifts?
    as a generation x'er and a Christian and a father of two very small children, i do not have any personal objection to 10-year-olds giving goofy-looking undergarments to each other as presents. underwear was always a "must do" stocking stuffer in my family when i was growing up, and the more outrageous and embarassing the better. since boxer shorts are not even remotely sexual, i do not think they are inapropriate.

one thing i think should be addressed is the name of the event. the name of the holiday is Christmas. if i were a Christian living in a society that was predominantly influenced by jewish tradition, i would have no problem attending a chanuka party with my classmates. i don't see how anyone could be truthfully offended by "Christmas."

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Wow. I think it's awesome you would ask advice on subjects like this.

Personally, I wouldn't object due to the silly, child-oriented nature of the request. The whole thing sounds sort of SpongeBob-ish fun. Also, I'm assuming these boxers will be worn as outer garments at the camp... Which makes it a lot more acceptable.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I would object to the name of the event and the underware gifts. What is she going to do anyway? Flunk him? I think not! All she can say to you is no. I like your book gift suggestion. As far as the "Winter Get Together" party, I would give the old true standard of "Let's keep Christ in Christmas."

BTW, why boxers for a Space Camp field trip unless they are not going to model their underware for each other on this field trip? Is the teacher going to watch? Are they worn outside of their clothes? Is there an official boxer/underware modeling show or contest at the overnight field trip. Sounds pretty weird to me. I don't get it!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    BTW, why boxers for a Space Camp field trip unless they are not going to model their underware for each other on this field trip? Is the teacher going to watch? Are they worn outside of their clothes? Is there an official boxer/underware modeling show or contest at the overnight field trip. Sounds pretty weird to me. I don't get it!
    They will be worn on the outside and I think it's part of a goofy dress day they have at the camp. It's been done before, apparently. Incidentally, my son has come home from school several times repeating comments she's told the class from this teacher of a Christian nature that I was shocked she would say, such as support for the Bible and such.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

They will be worn on the outside and I think it's part of a goofy dress day they have at the camp. It's been done before, apparently. Incidentally, my son has come home from school several times repeating comments she's told the class from this teacher of a Christian nature that I was shocked she would say, such as support for the Bible and such.
    That makes much more sense. Glad to hear the teacher's comments of support.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I don't now about yall, but, when I was at Tech, we wore boxers as shorts all alot. I can remember during rush we all got together and had a signing party where we all passed around the boxers to sign. You could see quite a few Phi Mu's running around in boxers. It sounds like they will be worn as shorts. It was certainly not a flattering fad, but, it was quite comfortable.

I guess having raised 3 boys makes me a tad out of touch on this one.:rolleyes4

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I'll also like to weigh in on the "harmless" side, Dirty.

Well, after much thought and prayer, I bought some Spongebob boxers. I don't think there'll be too much harm in this. Besides, they're big enough to fit Tylertechsas, so there's no mistaking them for kid's undergarments. Hey Champ, can I tell Vette you said it was ok?

Well, after much thought and prayer, I bought some Spongebob boxers. I don't think there'll be too much harm in this. Besides, they're big enough to fit Tylertechsas, so there's no mistaking them for kid's undergarments. Hey Champ, can I tell Vette you said it was ok?
    Hey>> I resemble that comment.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Sure Dirty, but tell her in Spanish. Vette digs the espanol.

Senor Champ dice que los underpants son muy buenos.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Sure Dirty, but tell her in Spanish. Vette digs the espanol.

Senor Champ dice que los underpants son muy buenos.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Things are so much easier in preschool I guess. While wandering around the church waiting for our Christmas production to get started I read the Christmas instructions outside the Mom's Day Out rooms (nice that preschoolers can't read). They do the present thing right. They have all of the parents bring a book wrapped for Christmas and hidden away in a brown paper bag so the child doesn't know. Santa Clause will give out the gift to each child. Cool! That way the parents spend the money and know the child is getting a book they don't have and would enjoy. Very cool idea!

Actually I'm not offended by the boxers idea either. I AM offended by all of the "holiday" parties instead of the real holiday. When's the government going to go ahead and quit calling it the Christmas Holiday for its employees?

+ Reply to Thread