+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My 2 questions I emailed to JO

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

My 2 questions I emailed to JO

Mr. Oakes,

I hope all is going well for you and wish you a Merry Christmas. As a die hard Tech fan and alumni, it bothers me of a situation that we are in. For the last several years I have watched our football program decline. From rumors, I hear that you wanted to let Coach Bicknell go last year but he ended up staying. I can see where we were not financially stable enough to buy out his contract after another embarrassing season last season. But this past season, after the Tulsa victory, he made a few quotes. Here they are exactly.

"I am one fired up son of a gun right now," said Bicknell, with a smile as wide as the Red River creasing his face. "I'm as happy as I've ever been in my whole life - after my kids being born. This is the happiest I've been in athletics. I'm not kidding around."

"I'll tell you what, there's pressure to win games," Bicknell said flatly. "We had to win some games, so this makes you feel good."
    My first question is how can we continue to let him work for Louisiana Tech when he makes a comment like that? Do you realize the magnitude of that comment? He has beat #17 Fresno St. this past season, beat Mich St, beat Alabama, beat Ok. St, was the center in the Doug Flutie pass, but yet beating a horrible 2-8 Tulsa team, he says "This is the happiest I've been in athletics. I'm not kidding around." He should be fired for a comment like that. Call me crazy, but a person in his position(D-1 head football coach) should not be employed after such a stupid and I mean stupid comment.
    My 2nd question is what is our long range plan for Louisiana Tech Athletics? I know you probably hear that all of the time. Where do you see Tech Athletic sin 3 year, 7 years, 10 years? What about our facilities? Where will they be in 3,7,10 years?

By the way, Coach Wade Simoneaux is making progress. That was a great hire. I hope he stays for a long time.I'm hoping for a .500 season this year. Next season .666 will happen. He is one of the few bright lights right now in Louisiana Tech Athletics. Thanks for your time, I'm looking forward to your answers.

Bubbe Day - 1999
    Lafayette, LA

I will let ya'll know when I get an answer.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: My 2 questions I emailed to JO

Good letter.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Let me save you some time. Here is the response.

Bubbe,

Thank you for your interest in Louisiana Tech Athletics. We were all disappointed in the outcome of the 2003 season. Enclosed, please find a Champs application.

Sincerely,

Jim Oakes
    Director of Athletics

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg

Bubbe,

Thank you for your interest in Louisiana Tech Athletics. We were all disappointed in the outcome of the 2003 season. Enclosed, please find a Champs application.

Sincerely,

Jim Oakes
    Director of Athletics
    I think you nailed it.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I wonder whats Jim Oakes typical work day is like?

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    I wonder whats Jim Oakes typical work day is like?
    Most of it is spent deleting emails and burning letters asking why he has not fired __________ (fill in your favorite coach here) yet. :icon_wink

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg

Bubbe,

Sincerely,

Jim Oakes
    Director of Athletics
    You got some green for that post. Sounds like you've revcd. that reply a few times.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Actually, I am not sure that they are disappointed. After all, we were on TV a lot, beat Fresno, had pretty good attendance until reality set in, etc. Probably made for successful season for them.

+ Reply to Thread