+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Bowl Confidence Pick Contest

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Thumbs Up New Bowl Confidence Pick Contest

Folks,

I've set up a new BB&B Contest for the Bowls. We did this last year and I know I had some fun with it and think some other folks did as well. This is a Confidence scoring contest and it runs a little different than the Pick 'Em contest. First, only the remaining bowl games are available on the pick sheet.

The contest works like this:

1. Pick your projected winner for each of the games on the pick sheet.
    2. Assign a Confidence Points score for each of the games.
    3. The higher the number, the MORE confidence you have in your projected outcome.
    4. If your picked team wins, you get the number of confidence points you assigned to the game.
    5. Since there are 27 games, the maximum score you can get is 378 points.
    6. The person with the most points at the end of the contest wins.
    7. In the event of a tie, the person who picks the total points scored in the BCS National Championship game between USC & Oklahoma will win.

The pick sheet is on the same page as the Pick 'Em contest so be sure to click the correct link. (www.latechbbb.com/contests/2004main.html)

I am going to sponser the prize for this contest. To the winner of the contest, I will sponser a picture order of your choice from Dawgpix's web site! I'm willing to pay for up to an 11"X14" plus domestic shipping. The 11X14 pictures are listed at $20 and I don't know what shipping would be. If you win and want to get something smaller and combine some different products, we can talk.

Dawgpix's (Tom Morris) web site is at http://www.printroom.com/pro/tmophotos and you can see all the pictures he has taken be searching for Galleries and using the word Tech as the search. Here are the results I got: http://www.printroom.com/ViewFoundGa...e=1&sword=tech

Be sure to get your picks for this fun contest in by 6:30 PM 12/21/2004!

TDF (Chris)

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Re: New Bowl Confidence Pick Contest

BTW, if you are looking for the point spreads to help you make your choices, here is a list of them:

http://sports.chron.com/default.asp?...s/cfb-odds.htm

Now remember that the picks are NOT against the spread! You pick the straight up winner.

Let me know if you have any questions.

TDF

We only have 4 people including myself entered in this contest so far. I guess this is another indication of the apathy that has set in around here.

Those of you wanting to play, be sure to get your picks in! Your chance of getting a good quality Tech pic is REALLY high right now!!!

TDF

Just so you know, you can keep track of the contest by going to the contest page. I'm trying to update it after every game.

www.latechbbb.com/contests/2004main.html

TDF

Well, the confidence contest is now complete and once again it is proven that I SUCK at this contest!!! But yet again, the final results came down to the final game. Our winner this year is hoopdawg! CONGRATULATIONS! Hoopdawg had a total of 290 points and an overal pick percentage of 63% which, although wasn't the best, it shows that this contest is really about putting your points in the right place.

I'd like to thank you all for participating in the contest this year.

Hoopdawg, if you will please PM me we can talk about the best way to get you the prize mentioned in the first post of this thread.

To view the final results, go to this link:

The detailed report can be found at:

TDF

+ Reply to Thread