+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruston outlines plans for village

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Ruston outlines plans for village

Go get 'em! I'm sick of this crap.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

It is sad though. NO wonder its hard to cultivate new alumni

Varsity Bulldog Tech74 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    Go get 'em! I'm sick of this crap.
    We will definitely have to get together and have a few drinks while reviewing documents.

Puppy dawgfighter305 has turned a few heads around heredawgfighter305 has turned a few heads around here

Maybe this plan will make Ruston a little more Tech friendly. I am referring to Ruston citizens, not businesses. I've been here for 4 years and more if you count all the summers growing up, and I have yet to find more than about 50-100 Rustonites that are hardcore Tech fans. For the most part they seem to be fair weather fans. I am using a lot of generalizations, but this has been my experience so far.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Ruston should reach out to Tech by changing the names of some of their streets to reflect Tech History. I wrote sometime back that Terry Bradshaw Blvd. would be a better name for Alabama. It may also get the school and city some publicity on Fox , et al. and maybe even the school some cash from TB himself..... Also what is the fascination with all the state names for streets when they could name them for great people like Alliet, F Jay Taylor, etc........ It would tie the city closer to the school and remind the citizens of their history.

DFiH

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous
    Ruston should reach out to Tech by changing the names of some of their streets to reflect Tech History. I wrote sometime back that Terry Bradshaw Blvd. would be a better name for Alabama. It may also get the school and city some publicity on Fox , et al. and maybe even the school some cash from TB himself..... Also what is the fascination with all the state names for streets when they could name them for great people like Alliet, F Jay Taylor, etc........ It would tie the city closer to the school and remind the citizens of their history.

DFiH
    Great idea, as long as we dont get Bicknell Blvd.:icon_wink

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

DFiH
    Excellent idea , DFIH. It's done everywhere.

When we leave our subdivision here to travel to Greensburg or Pittsburgh, we have to travel through a small town named Youngwood. The main street is George Blanda Avenue.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

If any one has the Ruston mayor's e-mail address, I will send hm a note to judge his interest. I tried to find it by looking at the Chamber of Commerce website and couldn't find one. The city website is being re-done.

I would love to hear his response.

DFiH

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

If any one has the Ruston mayor's e-mail address, I will send hm a note to judge his interest. I tried to find it by looking at the Chamber of Commerce website and couldn't find one. The city website is being re-done.

I would love to hear his response.

DFiH
    DFIH....

I emailed your suggestion to Jordan Blum, the author of the article, and he thought it was a greaat idea!!! He also sid it should be sent to the city administration. I've asked him if he has an email address. Still waiting on rreply for that.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60
    DFIH....

I emailed your suggestion to Jordan Blum, the author of the article, and he thought it was a greaat idea!!! He also sid it should be sent to the city administration. I've asked him if he has an email address. Still waiting on rreply for that.

Bill
    Bill,

I really believe that given the choice, most people in Ruston would rather see a street named for someone who spent time and contributed to the city's past than a state that is not even their own...... Whoever the mayor is, he would probably do himself some good politically by making those changes. Someone would have to give me a real valid argument for not wanting to name a street after Bradshaw, or Alliet than California, Arizona, or Alabama.

Seriously, thank you for your help in getting this to the powers that be.

DFiH

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup
    I think that Barmore Blvd. would make a great street name.

Varsity Bulldog TechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfighter305
    Maybe this plan will make Ruston a little more Tech friendly. I am referring to Ruston citizens, not businesses. I've been here for 4 years and more if you count all the summers growing up, and I have yet to find more than about 50-100 Rustonites that are hardcore Tech fans. For the most part they seem to be fair weather fans. I am using a lot of generalizations, but this has been my experience so far.
    You're not looking hard enough.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Fayetteville renamed an existing street for a well-known person but made it Sixth Street, honorary soandso blvd. in order to avoid people having their addresses change.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup
    That would be a dead end street.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg
    That would be a dead end street.
    With one continuous pothole.

+ Reply to Thread