+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I wrong to feel...

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Frown Am I wrong to feel...

disinterested and bored with nearly our entire Athletic Department?

I don't listen to any of the Basketball games. Didn't really losten to the final 3 Football games. Haven't called any of my recruiting sources to get scoop. Don't know the record of our Basketball teams. And all of this because I just really don't care.

Baseball is the only sport that I am excited about, but in all fairness I AM a Baseball guy and I LIVE Baseball everyday, so I should be.

Overall, I am just at a loss. I hope I am just going through a phase. Those of you that know me, know that I have never been like this, EVER.

I do love my University through it all. It just hurts really bad right now. Very bad. Someone please HELP!

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: Am I wrong to feel...

:bigcry:
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganDawg

I don't listen to any of the Basketball games. Didn't really losten to the final 3 Football games. Haven't called any of my recruiting sources to get scoop. Don't know the record of our Basketball teams. And all of this because I just really don't care.

Baseball is the only sport that I am excited about, but in all fairness I AM a Baseball guy and I LIVE Baseball everyday, so I should be.

Overall, I am just at a loss. I hope I am just going through a phase. Those of you that know me, know that I have never been like this, EVER.

I do love my University through it all. It just hurts really bad right now. Very bad. Someone please HELP!
    Your answer is Lexapro, it helps. I know how you feel. It hurts :bigcry: :bigcry:
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I feel pretty much the same way. I may go to the basketball game Saturday, but two or three years ago I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

I don't think our administration has any idea how disgruntled the core Tech fans have become.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I really don't think JO cares as long as he has his buddies and they are content.

Martie- we need you to start working your recruiting sources to tell us what is going on. We have less info this year than ever and you konw that is saying alot b/c we usually have very little. Please see what you can find out, very few names and positions are out so far this year. I know we have several recruits but no one is saying who they are or where they are from. Thanks

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Martie, It is sad and scary, but apathy is at an all-time high. I never thought I could feel this way either. But when you realize it's useless to get the administration to see a different point of view, what's left? They are going to do it their way, end of discussion! I don't know what the future holds for us either, but I am to the point where I am not going to lose sleep over it any more. If my opinion doesn't count and I can't make a difference, then to hell with it! You can sink on that ship by yourself captain!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

I've got the same syndrome..... I just don't care anymore. Its just not worth it to continually be disappointed.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I was there a few weeks ago. But, I have started wearing Tech cloths again and looking for anything done right instead of focusing on the bad things. It may not have made Tech better, but it has made me feel better. I am excited about the game Saturday. I bought ten season tickets.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Let the winning begin!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    ... I just don't care anymore. Its just not worth it to continually be disappointed.
    If you set your hopes and expectations low enough, you'll never be disappointed. :icon_wink

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    If you set your hopes and expectations low enough, you'll never be disappointed. :icon_wink
    Perhaps that IS the disappointment. Here we all attended this school and were taught to work in our fields with excellence, yet excellence - or even mediocrity - is not expected for our athletic programs at the same university? I don't and will never understand that.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Aside from an occasional good season, I feel your pain, for 16 years now. Hopefully the Lady Techsters will have a good year. If we can't cling to them I'm driving to Ruston so I can jump from the top of the library.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganDawg
    We have an Athletic Department??!!

Varsity Bulldog Edward_Longshanks is an unknown
    Little Rock, Arkansas (which will soon be part of the Kingdom)

Perhaps you feel like this columnist regarding the Cincinnati Reds. Change some things up and I think it sums up the overall mood of the fanbase at Tech:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...412170482/1007

Where there doesn't appear to be any effort to demand better on several fronts, you will have fan apathy. I think it cuts across sports and regions. Almost as if the sports fan asks whenever he sees something like this "If you don't care, then why should I bother?" You are left with only the true hardcore fanbase when you should do everything in your power to expand that devoted base of support.

The worst approach can be not doing anything at all. That attitude loses the interest of most everyone you are trying to attact or retain as supporters of your program.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

As Michigan Dawg, so elequently coined the phrase....

State of La Tech Athletics....

.................................................. .............................................

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Wink Re: Am I wrong to feel...

Quote Originally Posted by Memdawg
    As Michigan Dawg, so elequently coined the phrase....

State of La Tech Athletics....

.................................................. .............................................
    Did I???

+ Reply to Thread