+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nebraska backs out scheduling Houston

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Nebraska backs out scheduling Houston

Houston AD calls Nebraska 'gutless' for backing out of deal
    December 18, 2004

HOUSTON (AP) -- An angry Houston athletic director Dave Maggard, calling Nebraska ``gutless,'' accused the Cornhuskers on Friday of backing out of a verbal agreement to play Houston in a football game next fall and scheduling Division I-AA Maine instead.

``This is absolutely unprofessional in every way,'' Maggard said in online editions of the Houston Chronicle. ``It's gutless. Spineless. They're going to have to live with it. I've lost a tremendous amount of respect for that program. I think that for college athletics, it's shameful.''

Maggard said he arranged a nationally televised game between the Cougars and Nebraska.

Two days later, Maggard said he learned in a phone call from Nebraska Athletic Director Steve Pederson that the game won't be played. Now Houston and ESPN are scrambling to find another opponent for Sept. 1 at Reliant Stadium in Houston.

``Essentially, Nebraska bailed on the game,'' Maggard told KRIV-TV in Houston.

Pederson did not plan to address Maggard's comments, said Nebraska athletic department spokeswoman Chris Anderson.

``Our policy has always been ... we have never made comment about any potential or future opponent until such time that a contract is signed, and there was no signed contract in this case,'' Anderson said.

But Maggard had plenty to say.

``This is the most unprofessional thing I've dealt with in my 30 years in this business,'' Maggard said. ``I'm very, very surprised by all this. This is something that doesn't belong in Division I athletics.'' Mike Soltys, vice president in charge of communications at ESPN, said the game was scheduled for the network's Thursday night opener before Nebraska decided to go in a different direction. ``We're going to figure out a solution, but they (the Huskers) are developing a reputation for hanging people out to dry. I think it's a sad commentary on the people running that athletic program,'' Maggard

why don't we get rid of playing the away game against Kansas next year and pick up Houston (with all the houston tech alumns we have there, be a pretty big game)

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Nebraska backs out scheduling Houston

Nebraska should just drop back to 1-AA if they dropped Houston to play Maine. Who would have ever thought Nebraska football would have reached such a low point. That's really going to hurt their recruiting in Texas.

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001

why don't we get rid of playing the away game against Kansas next year and pick up Houston (with all the houston tech alumns we have there, be a pretty big game)
    great idea!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    qng001, you are not known for saying too many smart things, but that idea is actually a good one.

By the way, I love the fact that Nebraska sucks so bad. I've been waiting for this a long time. I hope those bastards never bounce back. I remember back in the 1970's and 80's Nebraska would routinely "run up the score" on hapless schools. I now enjoy watching everybody kick their ass. I hope Maine beats 'em.

HD

Varsity Bulldog gbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around here

Didnt Maine be Mississippi St. this year??
    Under every Bush there is dirt. :icon_wink

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    qng001, you are not known for saying too many smart things, but that idea is actually a good one.

HD
    Hope you aren't doing the same thing that I was for a while. There's the good guy (qng001) w/ the Ryan Moats avator and then the totally evil (gbg001) w/o an avator who's never made a constructive post in his life on this board. I think the good guy needs a new name to avoid being impuned by association! I didn't realize they were two separate guys for a while!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Why should qng (aka Quang, aka Master Qui-Gonn) have to change his name?

He was here first, and he's not the one that sux!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

yeah i've been here awhile, i'm not the negative gbg001
    i'm the one with the ryan moats avatar and joined since back in the old days of Delphi
    Champ967 knows me, we went to a bulldog game together last year to Pine Bluff, AR.

Onto this discussion, I don't know if our Kansas game is written in stone, but it'll be great to pick up Houston.
    @Florida, @Houston, North Texas looks a hella lot better.

On future scheduling, I hope we regionalize our OCC. I'm very unlikely to go to Penn St, Miami, Clemson, etc, but if we can throw in Arkansas, Memphis, Houston, Tulane, (hate to say it) SMU, and Rice...then it gives me and a whole lot of Tech fans a chance to see the dawgs on the road. Now that our eastern WAC is not in the conf...we need to look into regional OCC games (we are going to be the only cental time zone WAC member)

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    Hope you aren't doing the same thing that I was for a while. There's the good guy (qng001) w/ the Ryan Moats avator and then the totally evil (gbg001) w/o an avator who's never made a constructive post in his life on this board. I think the good guy needs a new name to avoid being impuned by association! I didn't realize they were two separate guys for a while!
    Great point. Indeed I believe I've confused the two. My apologies to qng001. The guy registered under gng001 is a racist moron pig.

HD

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Why should qng (aka Quang, aka Master Qui-Gonn) have to change his name?

He was here first, and he's not the one that sux!
    I can't disagree with that! Perhaps we should just force the evil one into changing his name to 10RED BLOCKS - 'cuz he's definitely heading in that direction!

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Originally Posted by qng001

As long as Andre Ware and David Klinger are gone, its probably safe to go back to Houston again. Damn that bell at the Astrodome!

This is an excellent idea, and it would only be 3 hours away for me, so I could make the trip.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Won't happen next year, unless the NCAA allows for a 12th game. JO tried to schedule U of H before he got signed with N Texas. Couldn't get it done. Now we have no room, cause he ain't backing out of Kansas. Don't agree with this one, but a bird in the hand, etc.........

DFiH

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gbg001
    Didnt Maine be Mississippi St. this year??
    Maine did beat MSU at Starkville this year. Of course, MSU would probably like to forget the entire year, with the exception of the Florida game.

Varsity Bulldog gbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around here

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Great point. Indeed I believe I've confused the two. My apologies to qng001. The guy registered under gng001 is a racist moron pig.

HD
    Wow......i'm a racist?? I'm the only one on this board with any guts to stand up for blacks on this board. The people on this board love to make conniving indirect comments about blacks and I won't stand for it. The only blacks you people love on this board are the ones that serves your own personal interests. If Moats didnt wear #33 in a Tech jersey you'd probably call him a thug or something. I've always acknowledged that we whites are the hatemongers and root to most of the problems in this world. Nearly every war has been caused by whites (with Hitler being one of the absolute worst) WWI, WWII, Civil war, and not to mention that all of the European conquerors are white. Yet, you ask a white person what group of people are the most violent they would most assuredly say blacks. Who wiped out the Indians with their guns and diseases..........we did. Who packed slaves into ships and brought them to America then after they got here we beat them, tortured them, and raped their women........we did. Who dropped an atomic bomb on Japan and killed Japanese innocents in the hundreds of thousands??.........we did. Who dropped bombs on women and children in Iraq............we did. Who brought AIDS to AFrica but turns their back on the AFrican people............we did. We are not only violent to other races but we are even violent to ourselves. The white man has been the most destructive force on this planet and he is too blind or ashamed to place the blame where it should be. We can't change the past but we can mend the wounds we opened by admitting that WE committed those devlish acts by reaching out to minorities. How can you criticize people in ghettos when we put them there by denying them jobs and training. Keep in mind that 98% of the major corporations in this country are owned by whites and most of those corporations were started by the blood, sweat, and tears of minorities. I'm a racist...............ha! Don't get me started bud.
    Under every Bush there is dirt. :icon_wink

Quote Originally Posted by gbg001
    Wow......i'm a racist?? I'm the only one on this board with any guts to stand up for blacks on this board. The people on this board love to make conniving indirect comments about blacks and I won't stand for it. The only blacks you people love on this board are the ones that serves your own personal interests. If Moats didnt wear #33 in a Tech jersey you'd probably call him a thug or something. I've always acknowledged that we whites are the hatemongers and root to most of the problems in this world. Nearly every war has been caused by whites (with Hitler being one of the absolute worst) WWI, WWII, Civil war, and not to mention that all of the European conquerors are white. Yet, you ask a white person what group of people are the most violent they would most assuredly say blacks. Who wiped out the Indians with their guns and diseases..........we did. Who packed slaves into ships and brought them to America then after they got here we beat them, tortured them, and raped their women........we did. Who dropped an atomic bomb on Japan and killed Japanese innocents in the hundreds of thousands??.........we did. Who dropped bombs on women and children in Iraq............we did. Who brought AIDS to AFrica but turns their back on the AFrican people............we did. We are not only violent to other races but we are even violent to ourselves. The white man has been the most destructive force on this planet and he is too blind or ashamed to place the blame where it should be. We can't change the past but we can mend the wounds we opened by admitting that WE committed those devlish acts by reaching out to minorities. How can you criticize people in ghettos when we put them there by denying them jobs and training. Keep in mind that 98% of the major corporations in this country are owned by whites and most of those corporations were started by the blood, sweat, and tears of minorities. I'm a racist...............ha! Don't get me started bud.
    This is about as hatefilled a message as I've ever seen around here. You definitely try to top yourself. You're dead wrong.

+ Reply to Thread