+ Reply to Thread

Thread: National Rep...still intact

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

National Rep...still intact

My business (and pleasure) travels took me back to Disney World in Orlando this week. I shoot video for Disney's College Program where students from across the country work 6 months at Disney. This gives me the opportunity to meet and speak with scores of college students.

During lulls in the shooting schedule, while drinking a coke, I visit with the young people and get to know them better. Anyway, I always bring up sports and speak with them about their school's sports' teams. I also always wear my Tech cap and shirts while doing all of this.

Our national rep is still good. Many of the kids from eastern schools, especially good basketball schools, were impressed with Tech's win over Memphis. In fact, I did not know Tech had won the game until Tuesday morning when some of the students told me (I had been shooting to midnight Monday). Our football rep is still good. The funny thing is, many of them credit Tech with a much tougher schedule than we actually play. For instance, a Georgia Tech student asked me, didn't Louisiana Tech play Miami, Auburn, USC and Oklahoma this year? I said, no, and corrected him, adding Tennessee to the list :icon_wink. Some other students began discussing our past schedules and it was comical the list of teams they had us playing each year, it was always like 5 or 6 Top 10 teams! But, it does indicate the rep we have...playing a tough slate.

Finally, especially students from Southern schools, were supportive of Tech's inclusion in CUSA. They agreed CUSA was stupid to pass on us in favor of SMU and Tulsa. (no mention of Rice or UTEP).

BTW, one of the perks of my video job is free admission to all of the parks. The best ride at Disney is at MGM, the Rockin' Rollercoaster. It rocks!

It's a tough job...but somebody has to do it.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: National Rep...still intact

A businessman from Arkansas said our reputation is that we aren't afraid of anyone, anywhere. He did not say it in a patronizing manner. We are respected.

It is not too late. We can, and will turn this ship back around.

P.S.

This is probably my last post before Christmas. Merry Christmas from the Soonerdawg family.

+ Reply to Thread