+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fresno wins thriller!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Fresno wins thriller!

Congrats to Pat Hill and the Fresno State Bulldogs. Great win for the WAC!

Fresno 37 UVA 34 OT

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: Fresno wins thriller!

Local papers here did not seem to have a lot of respect for Fresno and the WAC. UVA was very down about having to go to a lower tier bowl and play someone beneath them (any non BCS school). Wonderful win for the Bulldogs. Always root for them when they play the BCS schools. I still marvel that we beat them and am so frustrated that we blew the season after that win. That could of/should of been us...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Congrats to Pat Hill and the Fresno State Bulldogs. Great win for the WAC!

Fresno 37 UVA 34 OT
    I'm very glad to see this. Especially after I saw Virginia make a big tackle in the 1st quarter of today's game and the ESPN announcer said "Hello Fresno! With a defensive hit like that, you know you are not in the WAC anymore!"

He was obviously implying that the WAC is a much weaker conference than what Virginia plays in.

After seeing today's game and remembering Tech's win over FSU earlier this season, I can only imagine what COULD have been for LA Tech.

HD
    Last edited by HogDawg; 12-28-2004 at 06:51 PM.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Let's hope Boise and UTEP can maintain the WAC's post-season momentum!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Let's hope Boise and UTEP can maintain the WAC's post-season momentum!
    I have no doubt that UTEP and Boise will both come out winners.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I have no doubt that UTEP and Boise will both come out winners.
    I have plenty of doubt in both cases. But, Boise I know can get it done. It will be a tough game. UTEP, well, I am still not sold on the Miners. Price will have to do, and be doing right now, a masterful coaching job for them to compete with the Buffs.

I hope both win and the WAC goes 4-0 in bowls.

And, dating back to 2002, the WAC is 7-2 in bowls at this point. Only Hawaii's inexplicable loss to Tulane and Tulsa's bashing by Ga Tech have blemished the WAC's bowl record the past 3 seasons.

Let's not mention the WAC's dismal showing in 2001....

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Let's not mention the WAC's dismal showing in 2001....
    Yes, let's leave that unstated.......

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    I'm very glad to see this. Especially after I saw Virginia make a big tackle in the 1st quarter of today's game and the ESPN announcer said "Hello Fresno! With a defensive hit like that, you know you are not in the WAC anymore!"

He was obviously implying that the WAC is a much weaker conference than what Virginia plays in.

HS
    Its hard to pull for Fresno, but when the half time idiots made the comment "You're not in the WAC now" I was tickled pink when Fresno pulled it out in OT.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Those announcers were among the worst I have ever heard. Seemed pretty clueless most of the time. I guess ESPN doesn't exactly send its first team to Boise.

+ Reply to Thread