+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A public call for Christian ACLU lawyers

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Warning A public call for Christian ACLU lawyers

There is a blog writer who is calling for ACLU lawyers who consider themselves Christian to come forward to prove a friend who says it is an "anti-Christian" organization wrong.

http://www.scalzi.com/whatever/003093.html

Of course, the existence of such lawyers does little compared to the actual track record, but there is some interesting conversation that follows the post.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: A public call for Christian ACLU lawyers

There can not be many. One thing I am certain of is that we would agree on nothing.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

yes, it is true that the aclu does often defend the rights of Christians, but they are much more likely to try to deny a Christian's civil liberties in favor of a (insert cultural minority group here)'s sensitivity. one example that stands out: the aclu defends a high school student's right of free speach when he wears a t-shirt to school with a profanity on it. later, in a similar situation, the aclu comes to the aide of a high school principle who disciplined students for wearing t-shirts with a Christian message.

they take "separation of church and state" way too far. a student sharing his faith at school does not constitute state endorsement of religion.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    There is a blog writer who is calling for ACLU lawyers who consider themselves Christian to come forward to prove a friend who says it is an "anti-Christian" organization wrong.

http://www.scalzi.com/whatever/003093.html

Of course, the existence of such lawyers does little compared to the actual track record, but there is some interesting conversation that follows the post.
    I doubt many lawyers would feel threatened enough by a blogger to actually respond.

I mean, if I posted in my blog asking Bush to specifically deny being the anti-christ just to prove my friend wrong, I doubt he would announce it in a press conference. So I guess that means he MUST be the anti-christ. Right? He never denied it!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

That's funny Daybreaker - I have wondered for years if it was not Bill Clinton that was the anti-christ.

+ Reply to Thread