+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Dumb bells

Puppy cowboy is an unknown

New Dumb bells

We are trying to raise money for new dumb bells in the football weight room (only football). The cost is est. $5000.00. Send money or contact Yancy (the strength coach) if you are willing to contribute. Do not send any money to jackass JO or foundation. Send direct to Yancy. We need quality equipment to develop our players.

P.S. I know the athlethics should pay for this but they don't, so please help or contribute.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Re: New Dumb bells

Geez, what a shame that we have to scrape around to get some decent weight equipment. I will do what I can to help and will make sure Yancy gets the money and not JO. I'm beginning to wonder, what in the hell are we doing with all this money from games like Tenn and Auburn over the last few years? We sure as hell aren't spending it on facilities or equipment.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Cowboy, I will match what you give. Let me know. Give me a name and address too. I don't know Yancy's full name.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    Geez, what a shame that we have to scrape around to get some decent weight equipment. I will do what I can to help and will make sure Yancy gets the money and not JO. I'm beginning to wonder, what in the hell are we doing with all this money from games like Tenn and Auburn over the last few years? We sure as hell aren't spending it on facilities or equipment.
    It's pays the bills every month.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

A call to Karl can take care of the equipment. Isn't he the orginal donor?
    (And if taxes are a concern of yours . . . remember when you donate to this cause without going through Tech it is NOT tax deductible.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    A call to Karl can take care of the equipment. Isn't he the orginal donor?
    (And if taxes are a concern of yours . . . remember when you donate to this cause without going through Tech it is NOT tax deductible.
    tm
    He has been trying to get in touch with Karl. The equipment is horrible and breaking. In the mean time, we are trying to raise money in case the Mailman doesn't deliver. If rain, sleet or snow doesn't stop him the money will be used on other equipment, etc. Remember, we had to raise money for turf shoes before the Boise game. Dumb ass Oakes wanted to use six year old shoes.

Taxes, who pays taxes. You need another accountant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    Cowboy, I will match what you give. Let me know. Give me a name and address too. I don't know Yancy's full name.
    I am working on the address. How much can a Sulphur miner afford?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    It goes into a general fund that is the revenue for the entire athletic department covering every sport all in one big pot. The football team only gets what is in their budget and no more. IT is not in their best interest to play these $$$$ games b/c they don't get any of the benefits, or extra money for bringing in this cash, etc.

Varsity Bulldog johnnyba99 has turned a few heads around herejohnnyba99 has turned a few heads around herejohnnyba99 has turned a few heads around here johnnyba99's Avatar

The money from those games, our share of the conference bowl games and NCAA basketball tournaments pays for the other sports that don't generate enough revenue to cover their expenses, which is basically all the sports teams other than football and possibly men's basketball. With the travel costs Tech has, I doubt there is any money left over for facility improvements. Money for facilities would likely have to come from issuing bonds or other public financing options.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

yea, some new dumb bells to mix in with our old dumb bells (Bicknell, Oakes & Reneau) would be nice.

Varsity Bulldog Tech74 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    yea, some new dumb bells to mix in with our old dumb bells (Bicknell, Oakes & Reneau) would be nice.
    Is anybody faxing this stuff to Tech? That way they can't "fib" and say they haven't seen what "a bunch of dysfunctional fans write in the middle of the night after a long day of drinking bourbon..."

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Considering I actually BUY my season tickets, probably a little less than an architect geek.

All of my Champs donation went to a better cause this year (St. Jude's). So I am sure I can throw in a few coins for some dumb bells.

I have one question though: If you buy nice iron dumb bells, why would you ever have to purchase more? Those things last forever. Are they being stolen or have they never had dumb bells previously?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

I have one question though: If you buy nice iron dumb bells, why would you ever have to purchase more? Those things last forever. Are they being stolen or have they never had dumb bells previously?
    Apparently these things can walk - and do somewhat regularly. Last year when the CA Champs group helped raise money for wt. room equipment that is what we were told.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Boy, that makes me want to contribute. Nice to know the alumni and supporters get hard earned money stolen from them.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Considering I actually BUY my season tickets, probably a little less than an architect geek.

All of my Champs donation went to a better cause this year (St. Jude's). So I am sure I can throw in a few coins for some dumb bells.

Something to do w/ the fire code and not being able to lock the weight room b/c it was not built to meet fire code specifications. Brennan had a good idea: Get the architect students and professor involved and find out what needs to be done. Maybe knocking a wall out or whatever, I never heard of not being able to lock a weight room. That is ridiculous. But does not surprise me after all that we deal w/ as Tech fans. I REPEAT, WE ARE BUSH LEAGUE!!!!!
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

+ Reply to Thread