+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My Indy Bowl Observations

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: My Indy Bowl Observations

Ray,

I love the slams you are so sorry about delivering. Regardless of what the "Baton Rouge perception" is of Tech, the I-Bowl blows and it was the worst bowl of the season in my opinion. You're right about LSU never agreeing to play in Shreveport. One, because LSU makes a killing at home, and 2 because Shreveport is one of the worst sports cities in America (soon to be the worst after all of Evangels recruits transfer out). There are some other reasons LSU won't play Tech. The people with brains in BR (not the lsu crazy dumbasses who'll surely fall off the bandwagon after Lesly Miles leads you to a 7-4 season) know that if Tech establishes a continuous rivalry with LSU, they could lose recruits. The perception in BR may not acknowledge it, but Tech is LSU's closest thing to instate competition and the Administration won't do anything to give Tech a foot-hole.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Please call this guy LSUray instead of Ray. It hits too close to home. :icon_wink

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Ray,

The people with brains in BR (not the lsu crazy dumbasses who'll surely fall off the bandwagon after Lesly Miles leads you to a 7-4 season) know that if Tech establishes a continuous rivalry with LSU, they could lose recruits. The perception in BR may not acknowledge it, but Tech is LSU's closest thing to instate competition and the Administration won't do anything to give Tech a foot-hole.
    7-4? Man wouldn't you guys love to be 7-4. Johnny, LSU might have talked to one or two guys that Tech is recruiting. The rest of them that don't go to LSU will end up at Texas, Miami, Florida, Florida St., OU, USC, Bama, and others. They will probably be down a little this year due to the coaching change, and by down I mean top 15-20, but next year the new multi million dollar state of the art football complex will be completed, as well as the west upper deck, and then LSU will have the best facilities in the country. You guys have high school facilities and you can't compete with that. LSU doesn't have "stealth" recruiting like Tech though, so you never know, you guys might have the best class in the country, at least going by Lemming, lol.

If Tech wanted to scare LSU then they should have put up some sort of a struggle last year on the field. That was one pitiful excuse for a football game, and I was ashamed to be a Tech graduate.
    Last edited by MonreauxTiger; 01-06-2005 at 03:51 PM.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonreauxTiger
    7-4? Man wouldn't you guys love to be 7-4. Johnny, LSU might have talked to one or two guys that Tech is recruiting. The rest of them that don't go to LSU will end up at Texas, Miami, Florida, Florida St., OU, USC, Bama, and others. They will probably be down a little this year due to the coaching change, and by down I mean top 15-20, but next year the new multi million dollar state of the art football complex will be completed, as well as the west upper deck, and then LSU will have the best facilities in the country. You guys have high school facilities and you can't compete with that. LSU doesn't have "stealth" recruiting like Tech though, so you never know, you guys might have the best class in the country, lol.

If Tech wanted to scare LSU then they should have put up some sort of a struggle last year on the field. That was one pitiful excuse for a football game.
    ...and you are still a worthless little prick that walks around breathing air other people need!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LSUray
    I am not trying to get into an LSU/Tech debate here so don't get pissy. However, a bowl game never passes up the opportunity to take ND when they have that chance, NEVER. There is too much tv draw and national interest, plus they bring a lot of people and usually have local fans. The second thing is that, as much as I would like to see it because I am an LSU fan in S'Port, LSU would never and will never agree to an every other year in S'Port game, even if it was considered an LSU homegame(which I am sure Tech would not agree to). The amount of revenue they bring in at a game in Baton Rouge absolutely dwarfs what they could make in Shreveport. I respect your opinion and vision but you have to understand that people in Baton Rouge, for the most part, cannot and do not differentiate Tech, from USL, ULM, or even McNeese for that matter. Having lived in Baton Rouge for school for the previous seven years and just moved back to S'Port, the feelings about Tech are obviously different. There never was a rivalry, and the only chance there ever would be a rivalry went out the window after the game last year when Tech did nothing to differentiate themselves from the rest of Louisiana directional schools. I am sorry if this seems harsh, but I am not trying to knock Tech because I think you can have a consistently successful program there. I just think some of you need to take off your red and blue glasses as suggested by some of your own and view the situation for what it is. Thanks.
    I rarely, if ever, post about lsu, but, with all due respect for my Tech buddies, I have to agree with everything LSUray said. Especially the part about getting a chance to prove we are better than ULMULL. Granted, lsu had their best team in a long time, but we went down there with our tail between our legs long before the game even started. We should have been more competitve. He is also right that lsu fans (and I believe, Admin) think of us in the same light as ULMULL (that is, if they think of us at all). Some of you give lsu too much credit - they really don't think about us - we are not on their radar screen. And, why should they?

Now, hopefully, this will be my last post regarding lsu, because we have a lot bigger concerns than them and I really come on this board to find out what's going on at Tech.
    Go Tech!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

7-4? Man wouldn't you guys love to be 7-4. Johnny, LSU might have talked to one or two guys that Tech is recruiting. The rest of them that don't go to LSU will end up at Texas, Miami, Florida, Florida St., OU, USC, Bama, and others. They will probably be down a little this year due to the coaching change, and by down I mean top 15-20, but next year the new multi million dollar state of the art football complex will be completed, as well as the west upper deck, and then LSU will have the best facilities in the country. You guys have high school facilities and you can't compete with that. LSU doesn't have "stealth" recruiting like Tech though, so you never know, you guys might have the best class in the country, at least going by Lemming, lol.

If Tech wanted to scare LSU then they should have put up some sort of a struggle last year on the field. That was one pitiful excuse for a football game, and I was ashamed to be a Tech graduate.
    Yeah, we'd love to go 7-4. We'd love to have gained a share of last year's BCS. But, we're not LSU. You didn't address my point. Tech is the closest thing LSU has to an instate threat. If I were the AD or whoever makes those decisions at LSU, I wouldn't play Tech either. Tech has everything to gain and LSU would have everything to lose.

PS: by your standards...LSU had a down year as I believe they are #16...go ahead, I'm preparing for the comment about how we're number 70, fire away.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

You don't have to worry we are ashamed people like you exist too. Please don't tell anyone where you got the education that supports you financially, you will give us a bad name.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg
    He is also right that lsu fans (and I believe, Admin) think of us in the same light as ULMULL (that is, if they think of us at all).

It depends on what you call an LSU fan. If you mean, as LSURay alluded to us having on school colored glasses, then you are correct. However, being a Baton Rouge native with alot of interaction with those type of fans and alot of interaction with die hard LSU fans who are also real sport fans, the die hard LSU fans who are also real sport fans know that our performance last year as well as the last couple of years aren't typical. In fact, many were worried prior to the game that we would give them a scare despite my assurances that we wouldn't. So, basically, when it comes to real football fans who are also die hard LSU fans, you and LSURay are wrong. They have a healthy respect for Tech as opposed to ULL, ULM and even Tulane.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

MT,

You really think Myles will compete for the SEC title year end and year out?

LSU's facilities are now equal to Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Georgia all these schools will recruit top talent, all have top facilities, but do they all have good gameday coaches? Saban was one of the best in the SEC.....is Myles going to be? That is the question.

If the answer is yes, congrats. If the answer is no, get ready for some tough years. We are in the middle of ours.

+ Reply to Thread