+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Year's Wishes For Tech -

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

New Year's Wishes For Tech -

First I hope all of ya'll have a safe and happy New Year -

1) Dr Reneau - an awakening, the ability to have a VISION for aspects of the Univesity and the understanding that a strong athletic program WILL BENEFIT the entire university -

2) Jim Oakes - backbone and the willingness to delegate - fight for what you believe in and SALE it to the head man. Let the people you hire have your trust and the free reign to do their job, you may be surprised at what some of these people are able to accomplish -

3) Jack Bicknell III - Mr Oakes has given you a favorable schedule, but Mr Moats has decide to take his wares elsewhere - may the New Year bring you a load of success on the gridiron and an offer from a bigger school up North -

4) Keith Richard - a team that shoots 71% from the FT line and averages 11 t/o per game in conference play. Consistent play out of Corey Dean - if that happens this team may be dancing in March...

5) Kurt Budke - two true 6 ft 5in highschool post players and a quick transition back for Erica Taylor -

6) Wade Simoneaux - good weather from now until February and confidence for your young pitching staff - and the sweep of ULM and NSU - if those things happen an upper division finish in the WAC and 30+ wins are probably in store -

7) and to you my fellow BB&Bers - a SMALL DETAILED plan from our administration for our athletic program - everyone knows our goal is to somehow get into CUSA, may they have a foresight that they give us a plan so WE CAN help them position ourselves for this goal -

Happy New Year and best wishes to all - talk to ya'll Tuesday
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

Re: New Year's Wishes For Tech -

I agree with all, would like you to read the article on Frank Beamer, struggled for 6 years, same fan woes but stuck it out. I know everybody wants a change but perhaps good things in store for ou Dogs.
    I would like to see some work done on the stadium. Brick it up or something.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

The Beamer article pointed out that he was 24-40 in his first six years with no bowls. But the admin hung with him and look where they are now. Of course he is a VT grad so that may have had something to do with it. And the fact that they had really no FB tradition before he arrived so there were no high expectations.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

And he CARED about being at Virginia Tech and PROMOTING their program! JO can't even get JBIII to talk at a Lion's Club or Kiwanis meeting.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Very well put, Dwayne. I agree with everything you wrote. I would only add in something about the stadium (as Barkman did).

I wish that your list could be published in the Monroe and Shreveport papers!

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barkman
    I agree with all, would like you to read the article on Frank Beamer, struggled for 6 years, same fan woes but stuck it out. I know everybody wants a change but perhaps good things in store for ou Dogs.
    I would like to see some work done on the stadium. Brick it up or something.
    Beamer is dedicated to VT. If Bicknell actually stumbles across some success here in the next couple of years, he'll take the first job that comes along. That's my guess, anyway.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow
    Beamer is dedicated to VT. If Bicknell actually stumbles across some success here in the next couple of years, he'll take the first job that comes along. That's my guess, anyway.
    So that is the plan! Tech goes 11-0 next year and someone else hires him.

Varsity Bulldog Beauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the rough Beauxier Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    First I hope all of ya'll have a safe and happy New Year -

Mr Oakes has given you a favorable schedule, but Mr Moats has decide to take his wares elsewhere
    Did I miss something? Has Ryan definitely made a decision? I have been away from the board for a while, so I just wanted to know if I missed a major announcement.

Varsity Bulldog Beauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the rough Beauxier Dawg's Avatar

Louisiana Tech's Moats to enter NFL draft

Dan Pompei / The Sporting News
    Posted: 24 minutes ago

Louisiana Tech junior running back Ryan Moats has decided to forgo his senior season and enter the NFL draft, sources told the Sporting News.

Moats, a 5-9, 209 pounder who rushed for 1,774 yards and 18 touchdowns last season, has a very good chance of being a first day selection in the draft. He was named the offensive player of the year by the Louisiana Sports Writers Association and the Western Athletic Conference player of the year, as well as a semifinalist for the Doak Walker Award.

Well unfortunately, I guess I answered my own question.........

+ Reply to Thread