+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TJ ACREE

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

TJ ACREE

Does he pass the "eye" test??

5'10" 180 lbs......

2 td's 1st half

WE NEED SOMEONE LIKE THIS WHO WILL CATCH THE BALL!!

WE ALSO NEED A WR COACH WHO WILL TEACH HOW TO EXECUTE (RUN, BLOCK, CATCH)

Puppy bruhill is an unknown

Angry Re: TJ ACREE

We need a "coach" period!

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Re: TJ ACREE

Ya'll see the fake punt on their own 19 by Louisville?

I wish Jacky would have half the balls as Petrino, we might get something done.

And Acree is awesome.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog
    Ya'll see the fake punt on their own 19 by Louisville?

I wish Jacky would have half the balls as Petrino, we might get something done.
    Yeah, but that was the stupidist call I've seen a coach make in a long, long time. That call might have just cost him the LSU job.

HD

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

He didn't want the LSU job, he has it good at Louisville. I heard he snubbed it last week with his contract extension and upgrade.

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

Bull on the Snub he met with them in Nasville Louisville may give him the ax he has talked to 4 schools this year Auburn,ND,Florida and LSU, he says that louisville is where he wants to be gets his raise then 5 days later talking to LSU

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Good story on ESPN.com about how fed up the Cardinal nation is with Petrino and his constant job hunting...

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Yeah, but that was the stupidist call I've seen a coach make in a long, long time. That call might have just cost him the LSU job.
    HD
    Yep, there is a big difference between being smart and gutsy vs dumb and gutsy. That was a bonehead call on 4th down at their own 20 yard line. Dan Hawkins on the other hand almost always goes for it on 4th down inside THE OPPONENT's 20 yard line. Even when Boise lines up for FGs they usually fake it.

I believe we'd have at least 2 more wins/year if we went for it on every 4th down inside our opponent's 10 yard line instead of all the FG attempts Bicknell settles for- regardless of what the score is at the time.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Last year, at home against Hawaii (or was it Boise) y'all remember we marched into the red zone on our first three drives and settled for three FG's. Tech led 9-7 at that point, having dominated the game. Whatever bonehead escapades occurred later in the game, Bick lost it in the 1st qtr.

I do not advocate going for it on 4th down all that much. Bet Boise would have liked to have had that FG and a 27-21 lead. Especially, if on their last drive they trailed 44-43 because of it. They were in, or close to, FG range on the last play.

UL's attempted gamble on 4th down would have worked 99% of time. But Hawkins and his staff smelled that one out and got a big push from the noseguard to snuff it out.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

On Boise State's fake FG, all the holder had to do was PITCH the ball to the Kicker & he would have walked into the end zone. Good call, poor execution. Acree reminds me a great deal of Stokely ( USL & the Indy Colts ) & also reminds me of a little white boy that once played for our school, although Acree is faster than that little walk-on. Pardon me if I am being partial to OUR little white boy!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Tech needs more Bobby Slaughters running routes now. That's been part of our problem. Yes, Acree is a great football player, not a great athlete per se. But, not everyone who can smoke it in the 100 meter hurdles will/can catch a football while being hunted by demented linebackers and safeties.

My advocating of a return to "vintage Tech football" includes those possession-type WR's who will make an 8 yard catch in a crowd on 3rd and 7. "Move the chains!"

I also believe in multiple sets, and that should include sometimes putting in a true fullback to serve as lead blocker. That does NOT mean that everytime a fullback is in, he only blocks. No! sometimes he gets a carry, and sometimes he sneaks through the line after faking a block and is thrown to!

If I were OC we'd be so diverse that at times, I'd be confused :rolleyes4

but imagine what it would do to opposing DCs!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

You're right about the fake FG, Mickey. The kicker was wide left and would have scored if the ball was pitched, but the holder got tunnel vision. Several times BSU's holder got into the endzone on that play this year and obviously Louisville picked up on it from BSU's game tapes.

There are a lot of similarities between TJ Acree, Stokely, and Bobby- great hands (catch everything in their zip code), great routes, and can take a hit! That #25 DB layed Acree out with a wicked hit to the rib cage, but Acree came back in later.

I met Acree's father two months ago here in Plano (a very fine gentleman). He was making a sales call to our company and on his laptop was a screensaver picture of TJ catching a TD pass in the endzone. I told him Louisiana Tech fans are very happy that TJ is getting his degree this year.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I think Berlin could have been that type of WR for us if he would have gotten a little more PT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    I think Berlin could have been that type of WR for us if he would have gotten a little more PT.
    AGREED!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Utah had some "T J ACREE" clones at WR tonight too. Funny how that works. Those guys are damn good. Why can't Bick find guys like that?

HD

+ Reply to Thread