+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liberty Bowl

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Liberty Bowl

Screw the "Zen" stuff, AND the "Art of War". Louisiana Tech just needs to recruit players that:

1) Aren't afraid to HIT somebody!
    2) Understand the fundamentals of the game (blocking, tackling, etc...)
    3) Aren't afraid to hit somebody.

Oh....and just in case I failed to mention it, we need to recruit players who aren't afraid to really HIT somebody. After it became obvious that Gilligan was killing us with 1st down catches back in 2003, a team of REAL HITTERS should have laid the wood to Gilligan over the middle and knocked him out of the game. If that had happened, we wouldn't be talking about this silly "Zen" crap.

HD

Varsity Bulldog Edward_Longshanks is an unknown
    Little Rock, Arkansas (which will soon be part of the Kingdom)

Spurrier was big into The Art of War. Bob Neyland and Woody Hayes articulated some of those same principles with an eye toward defensive football.

Historically, some of the best coaches have had that military background or at least more than a minor interest in it.

I don't buy into that Zen garbage myself. But The Art of War seems to have some benefit with a football program. Almost be worth it to send Bicknell a copy...and then send him to Spurrier to translate it for him.

Maybe some of Darth Visor's vision would rub off on Bick. Then again, that would be like asking Einstein to develop the mind of a Jeremy Shockey or a Cecil Collins. Leadership, unfortunately, can't be developed in someone unwilling to learn from his errors.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Well, if everybody thinks it will help him........let's just send Bicknell to an "Art of War" seminar. Those things are a dime a dozen.

And while we're at it, let's send Bicknell to Yoga classes, Mystic Zen classes, to Dungeon and Dragons 101, and classes on "how to win friends and influence people".

HD

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Well, if everybody thinks it will help him........let's just send Bicknell to an "Art of War" seminar. Those things are a dime a dozen.

And while we're at it, let's send Bicknell to Yoga classes, Mystic Zen classes, to Dungeon and Dragons 101, and classes on "how to win friends and influence people".

HD
    How 'bout we just send him to Boston.

......one way!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    How 'bout we just send him to Boston.

......one way!
    Now that IS the right answer!

Varsity Bulldog GODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her game GODAWGSGO's Avatar

Guys-

I was there. It was awesome in person. Some observations...

Louisville was bigger than Boise at almost every position. Without the 4 turnovers I believe UL would have won much easier. (that hurts to say)

The Liberty Bowl looked very good inside and out. I was surprised at the condition of the stadium. The guy I sat next to said they completely remodled it for the Titans a few years ago.

The guy I sat next to was an Ole Miss grad. He flat out asked me, "La Tech is in the WAC, right?" We proceeded to talk for some time. He thought we were in good shape, even with the SMU's and Tulsa's leaving. He said whatever you do stay away from the Belt.

Lousivlle out-numbered the BSU fans 7-1.

Corkys after the game was great!

With FedEx Fourm and the Liberty Bowl, Memphis is in really good shape to make the next move. (again, hurts to say)

GO DAWGS!!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

BP - did you get good tickets?? The last time I was there was to see the Shreveport Steamer and the Memphis Southmen with Czonka, Kick(?), and Warfield plus Danny White. We sat pretty high for that one.

Varsity Bulldog GODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her game GODAWGSGO's Avatar

30 yard line.... 11 rows up.... it was AWESOME!!

Quote Originally Posted by GODAWGSGO
    The guy I sat next to was an Ole Miss grad. He flat out asked me, "La Tech is in the WAC, right?" We proceeded to talk for some time. He thought we were in good shape, even with the SMU's and Tulsa's leaving. He said whatever you do stay away from the Belt.

With FedEx Fourm and the Liberty Bowl, Memphis is in really good shape to make the next move. (again, hurts to say)

GO DAWGS!!
    I hope every Tech fan reads your post.

I know it kills the Sunbelt fans to hear this, but the fact is, EVERYBODY that follows Div 1A college football knows the Sunbelt is a joke. It's Div 1A in "name" only. 'Nuff about that.

As for Memphis 'moving up", I forsee Memphis AND ECU moving up to the Big East sometime in the next 3 or 4 years. This of course, will be good for Louisiana Tech, as it will certinly open up a couple of more spots for Tech to target in CUSA. Of course, whether it's good for Tech or not will depend on whether or not Tech WANTS to move to CUSA. (No, I'm not kidding. Think about it. The WAC is pretty damn good.)

And depending on how many teams the Big East will need, Marshall or UCF might move up too. The problem for Marshall is, they will grow to hate the NEW CUSA over the next 2 years. Consequently their program will struggle.

HD

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

The only problem with this game is that they had to play each other -

It is a shame that both of these programs didn't get a shot at a BIG name school as a reward for their regular seasons -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread