+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Bowl Games

Puppy Junkyard Dawg is an unknown Junkyard Dawg's Avatar

Re: Great Bowl Games

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    I think they would have killed CAL. I hate the BCS and how it works but the right team was in the Rose Bowl. Especially considering UT beat (T)Tech 51-21 and T-Tech stomped CAL.
    I disagree. Take for example a game we all know too well; LA Tech vs. Rice 2003

Dawgs simply didn't show up to play. Same thing with Cal after getting unbelievably screwed out of their only chance for a while to play in what any Pac-10 or Big Ten team will tell you is as big a a Nat'l Champ game, The Rose Bowl Game.

They were ahead of Texas going into that Southern Miss game. They won and Texas didn't play. It is a travisty that they were dropped beneath Texas. It is inexcusable for voters to punish them for a win against a decent team on the road. Cal would have beaten Michigan far worse than Texas did. But their heart was stolen from them by the voters and the whole pathetic BCS system.

And just so everyone knows I have nothing against Texas, I live in Houston and think Cedric Benson should have won the Heisman, or at least finished second to Alex Smith.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

6-5, 4.4 , not a strong arm sounds a lot like matt jones. matt jones projects to be a tight end in the nfl.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I respectfully disagree, Junkyard. If Cal's will to win wilted so easily after being snubbed (as you maintain, probably correctly), then there is no garauntee that they would have possesed the mental toughness required to hang with a fired-up Michigan team for 60 minutes.

But how Cal would have fared against the Wolverines is a matter for speculation. On the other hand, SOS is pretty objective. 10-1 in the Big12 trumps 10-1 in the Pac10. Texas turned in a better body of work than Cal by the end of the season.

The right team was in the Rose Bowl, and Cal made no effort to disprove that.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    The right team was in the Rose Bowl, and Cal made no effort to disprove that.
    Touche!

By the way, DawgFanInHou's daughter attends UT-Austin. I heard that DFIH was very happy that the LongHorns won on Saturday. In fact, I believe we are now going to have to call him HORNdawg!!

HD

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyard Dawg
    I disagree. Take for example a game we all know too well; LA Tech vs. Rice 2003

Dawgs simply didn't show up to play. Same thing with Cal after getting unbelievably screwed out of their only chance for a while to play in what any Pac-10 or Big Ten team will tell you is as big a a Nat'l Champ game, The Rose Bowl Game.

They were ahead of Texas going into that Southern Miss game. They won and Texas didn't play. It is a travisty that they were dropped beneath Texas. It is inexcusable for voters to punish them for a win against a decent team on the road. Cal would have beaten Michigan far worse than Texas did. But their heart was stolen from them by the voters and the whole pathetic BCS system.

And just so everyone knows I have nothing against Texas, I live in Houston and think Cedric Benson should have won the Heisman, or at least finished second to Alex Smith.
    1st off no "BCS" school has a right to complain about anything. Its their own crappy system. They all love it until it happens to them. Did you see Cal's HC or AD or President standing next to Tulanes president and AD when they were trying to change this system ...I didnt. And that goes for Auburn too!!! You don't like it Auburn?....Tough $hit. Its your system!!!! #2 like the announcer said that night if there were no BCS they would not be in the Rose bowl, USC would have been. #3 If there was a legit system Pitt not Texas should have been bounced. #4 The Big12 is a better conference than the Pac10. So SOS favors UT.#5 If anyone had a reason to be motivated it was Cal and they couldnt even beat a team Texas mopped the field with. And since we're talking about motivation ....if they really are the 4th best team in the country they shouldnt need to be "motivated" Hell , I'm motivated to win a game of checkers , you're telling me they couldnt get up for the Holiday bowl? .....I have more but I'm tired of typing. This "not motivated" crap pisses me off. Gee I better tell my boss not to expect a lot from me tommorrow.....I might not be "up" for tomorrow. ....What a bunch of crap!

The signature at the bottom of HD's posts says exactly what I think about motivation.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Great post Bigdog!

I agree. Last night after my daughter's basketball practice, me and another dad played 4 of the girls in a little halfcourt game to 15 baskets. We won because NO WAY was I gonna allow it to be any other way. No, I did not and would not play so rough against 12 yr old girls to even come close to hurting any of them, but I did hustle for some loose balls and rebounds just to make sure we stayed ahead.

So, how Cal, or any team can not get motivated to play in a bowl game is simply beyond me. That is a mindset I do not comprehend.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Touche!

By the way, DawgFanInHou's daughter attends UT-Austin. I heard that DFIH was very happy that the LongHorns won on Saturday. In fact, I believe we are now going to have to call him HORNdawg!!

HD
    I think that was what we were calling you after our last golf match and you were at the 19th hole visiting with that young waitress............she offered you some hotwings and you said you were there for the 'breast'!!!!!

I think my memory is correct.......I am getting old. And by the way...Hook 'em

DFiH

+ Reply to Thread