+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Les Miles

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Les Miles

IF LSU hires Les Miles - Louisiana Tech will no longer have the dumbest coach in the state of Louisiana.

What are they thinking in Baton Rouge?

If Miles is still in Baton Rouge in 2007 we will have a chance at beating the tigers - that is how bad Les Miles sucks.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Re: Les Miles

I attended the Tech - OSU game a few years ago with OSU grads and Nebraska alumni who were in town visiting. The OSU people did not like Miles then, and the last time I heard from them, they still felt the same way. They just think he is a dumba.... . Then again, he wins. I can see him at LSU under the old business as usual system. I thought that system changed with Emmert and even with him leaving, I still thought they knew better, but maybe not. I have heard it is a one man search committee - Bertman. It will be interesting. Ferentz is a great coach at Iowa--why can't we find someone even half as able as him to come to Tech???

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown

IF LSU hires Les Miles - Louisiana Tech will no longer have the dumbest coach in the state of Louisiana.
    Oh, yes... we will still be the there!

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Great Point!!!!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Hard to tell. But OSU called some plays that helped us beat them in Shreveport and with another 500 fans in Stillwater and better blocking on the blocked punt, we might have beaten them that year as well.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg
    I attended the Tech - OSU game a few years ago with OSU grads and Nebraska alumni who were in town visiting. The OSU people did not like Miles then, and the last time I heard from them, they still felt the same way. They just think he is a dumba.... . Then again, he wins.
    Miles CAN NOT recruit - I remember the Tech/OSU game in S'port 2002 - we looked like the BCS team (size and speed) not OSU.

Remember, we nearly beat Miles and Co. @ Stillwater in 2001 - then beat em in 2002.

It amazes me that LSU has all those great resources and hires an idiot that JBIII can out coach.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Are they going to hire Miles? OSU lost their bowl game, for goodness sake!

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

I must give Miles some credit...he has beaten OU twice in the past few years. How many coaches can say that.

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

I attended the Tech - OSU game a few years ago with OSU grads and Nebraska alumni who were in town visiting. The OSU people did not like Miles then, and the last time I heard from them, they still felt the same way. They just think he is a dumba.... . Then again, he wins. I can see him at LSU under the old business as usual system. I thought that system changed with Emmert and even with him leaving, I still thought they knew better, but maybe not. I have heard it is a one man search committee - Bertman. It will be interesting. Ferentz is a great coach at Iowa--why can't we find someone even half as able as him to come to Tech???

They pay their trainer what we pay the head coach, seriously, Our salaries are that low

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Barkman
    [/b]

They pay their trainer what we pay the head coach, seriously, Our salaries are that low
    Our coach is not worth what they pay their trainer.

Perhaps we should let our trainers coach and our coaches fetch gatorade and wrap stinky feet. They seem to be pretty good at kissing the feet of some people.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Perhaps we should let our trainers coach and our coaches fetch gatorade and wrap stinky feet. They seem to be pretty good at kissing the feet of some people.
    I wouldn't let Bick sweep my floors. Before he even started he'd start telling me how the floor is so big and his broom is so small and that there is no way he could do it.

.....Of course if I did hire him to sweep my floors that would mean I could fire him from sweeping my floors and that would be a lot of fun. OK I change my mind. Bicknell can sweep my floors.

Papers are now quoting" two" LSU Athletic officials saying that a offer is being made to Les Miles in the next few days.
    Glenn Guilbeau has a pretty good article on the coach selection process that goes on in college athletics these days.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Miles is in town Sunday and an announcement is planned for Monday. If you are anti-LSU this has been a good weekend. Miles gave us the game in Shreveport when he refused to run out the clock. This could be another DiNardo for LSU.

Rougedawg - what sold them on Miles??

It seems like the only consistent thing I have heard about recruiting a new coach has been along the lines of - " he reminds us a lot of Nick". NFL experience, tough conference, perennial #2 school in their conference (Mich. St / OSU).

Same things were being said about Ferentz and just about everyone - with the exception of ole RC Slocum.

He looks like "Nick" on paper so thats good enough.

He may do a great job, they have the talent, hell even JBIII could get 7-5 out of them.
    Last edited by JDubyadawg; 01-02-2005 at 12:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread