+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gary Crowton

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Gary Crowton

Is he really talking to LSU?

IF he goes to LSU I will have to go to BR to watch some games when the Dawgs are on the road - Crowton is a freaking offensive mastermind - with the players that LSU has - he would tear the SEC a new one.

Remember what he did to bama, AU, Nebraska, Miss St, Cal with our players - he can do multiple times the damage to BCS schools with the players LSU has.

After the Tulane game in '98 a bunch of Dawg fans were licking our wounds - the primary thought - Crowton needs to be a OC at a major BCS school - let someone else worry about the D.

He can do that at LSU - I wish him the best - wish he could come back to Ruston with a real defensive minded assistant coach.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Gary Crowton

I don't know. Crowton basically invented a new offense that no one had ever seen when he was at Tech. Only Tech and a handful of other schools were running bubble screens and WR screens. Then, everyone started doing it and defenses were forced to learn how to stop it. Then, defenses DID learn how to stop it. Now, most schools don't do it any more. Crowton's better days may have passed him by.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won
    I don't know. Crowton basically invented a new offense that no one had ever seen when he was at Tech. Only Tech and a handful of other schools were running bubble screens and WR screens. Then, everyone started doing it and defenses were forced to learn how to stop it. Then, defenses DID learn how to stop it. Now, most schools don't do it any more. Crowton's better days may have passed him by.
    And one reason that play worked so well at Tech - Troy Edwards.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    And one reason that play worked so well at Tech - Troy Edwards.
    Also, the reason it worked after Troy Edwards was Tim Rattay. He was smart enough to recognize when to audible out of them. LSU doesn't have a qb that will be as smart as Tim.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    Also, the reason it worked after Troy Edwards was Tim Rattay. He was smart enough to recognize when to audible out of them. LSU doesn't have a qb that will be as smart as Tim.
    very good points by all - I sometimes forget how special Tim and Troy were.

Tim might not have the physical specs of the lsu qbs but he and Crowton put hours upon hours in the film room - That says alot right there.

Troy's first three steps are still the fastest I have ever seen in person on the college level. I am guessing maybe Deon Sanders was as fast or faster with his first few steps.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won
    T_Won, it has been a long time since I agreed with you. But I am with you on this one.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Pretty soon everyone will be using Urban Meyers new Motion offense that has been so successful at Bowling Green and Utah. THat is an offense that gets your best players in a position that guarantees matchup problems with the opposing defensive backs.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Yeah, a big reason that play worked was because of Troy Edwards, but another reason it worked, is because it hadn't really been used before. Defenses had never really seen or had to practice defending it. Players in the NFL call that play "Bears pass" b/c Crowton was the person who brought it to the NFL. If I close my eyes really tight, I can still see Tim taking the one step drop and Troy running to daylight. Ahhh, those were the days.

+ Reply to Thread