+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Utah/Florida

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Utah/Florida

For those of you who are watching the Utah game, is it a scary thought to think about it at Florida next year with a big increase in quality of athletes. Utah has some very good players, but nothing like Florida. I only hope that they have not gotten all of the kinks worked out when we play them in September. We had better get some decent D-backs in the next month or it will be ugly.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Utah/Florida

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown
    For those of you who are watching the Utah game, is it a scary thought to think about it at Florida next year with a big increase in quality of athletes. Utah has some very good players, but nothing like Florida. I only hope that they have not gotten all of the kinks worked out when we play them in September. We had better get some decent D-backs in the next month or it will be ugly.
    Isn't the Utah DC now the HC at Utah. I think Utah's strength was really their defense. They really shut Pitt down.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown
    I am EXTREMELY impressed with Urban Meyer. His offense was phenominal against Pittsburgh tonight.

Did you see that screen pass (ala LA Tech) that Utah threw to their wide receiver who flipped the ball to the RB for a TD? WOW!

And what about the "triple option" play where the Utah QB can pitch the ball to the RB on the outside, keep it for himself on the inside, or "shovel" pass it to a different RB on the further inside?

I've been watching football for 40 years, and I saw more offensive ingenuity by Utah tonight than I've EVER seen. Utah humiliated and dominated Pittsburgh.

Furthermore, the Utah DEFENSE set a Fiesta Bowl record tonight with NINE (9) sacks on the Pitt QB. If that's the Florida defense next year, our QB will die an early death.

The best move Louisiana Tech could make right now is to DROP Florida from next year's football schedule. Otherwise, the Gators --with Urban Meyer as coach-- will beat us 90-0 and injure our players.

HD

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    Isn't the Utah DC now the HC at Utah. I think Utah's strength was really their defense. They really shut Pitt down.
    It was the OC that left. The DC is staying on to replace Meyer as HC.

Yes, the Utah offense was incredible! I fear that we will see way too much of it come September. It was the most innovative and creative scheme that I have seem in many years. I would love to have someone from that staff install it at Tech.
    Last edited by hookdown; 01-02-2005 at 04:50 PM.

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar

I AGREE

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfood
    Can anyone tell me why Utah would not be able to defeat an Oklahoma or USC? I think last night either of those teams would have been in trouble vs Utah. That is the reason why the BCS crap stinks. These people need to find a way to settle the NC on the field! Louisville, Boise St., Auburn, Texas, and Utah had no shot at being the National Champions but I think any of the aforementioned teams could have pulled upsets.

Settle it on the field!
    Well, speed, size and coaching(lack of on Pitt's part) to begin with. Utah played an incredible game, but Pitt and OU are two entirely different ball games. To me, this was a great example of why the Big East shouldn't have recieved an automatic bid. As far as I'm concerned, the PAC-10 only deserved their bid a slight bit more than the big east. USC would've been where they are regardless (make-up rankings) and Cal proved that they have absolutely no business on the field. Number 4 my a$$, they couldn't beat the number 4 team in the Big 12 (if that). Back to point...I was very impressed with Utah, but I wouldn't put them in the National Championship game just yet.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I would've liked to see them play Auburn (and everyone would love to see the Auburn/Utah winner play they USC/OU winner). I think this year may be just what we need to get a BCS shake-up or abolition. Scary to think what Urban's gonna do with Florida...especially around September or so.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

I was pulling hard for Boise and Utah. Loved the Utah win until you guys started talking about Florida next year. The only good thing about that is we will only face them once but the tiggers will have a steady diet of it.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Yes, Utah was incredible.

Varsity Bulldog VegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the ears

...And yes Pitt was a horrible BCS choice. I'd like to have seen Utah go against some of the other BCS teams. The OC at Utah Mike Sanford and Urban Meyer came up with "The Offense" while coaching at Notre Dame during the Davie tenure but were not allowed to run it. When Meyer got the Utah gig he called Sanford and together implemented "The Offense". Will be interesting to see how it works now that Urban will be running it at Florida and Sanford at UNLV. I'm sure they'd both love to have an Alex Smith executing "The Offense."

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

they should have given utah a shot at auburn, and made pitt and va tech play.

even though louisville-boise was a good game, i would have rather seen texas-louisville and cal-boise and give the non bcs teams a chance to knock off the big dogs.

Varsity Bulldog johnnyba99 has turned a few heads around herejohnnyba99 has turned a few heads around herejohnnyba99 has turned a few heads around here johnnyba99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDawg
    ...And yes Pitt was a horrible BCS choice. I'd like to have seen Utah go against some of the other BCS teams. The OC at Utah Mike Sanford and Urban Meyer came up with "The Offense" while coaching at Notre Dame during the Davie tenure but were not allowed to run it. When Meyer got the Utah gig he called Sanford and together implemented "The Offense". Will be interesting to see how it works now that Urban will be running it at Florida and Sanford at UNLV. I'm sure they'd both love to have an Alex Smith executing "The Offense."
    Meyer ran that offense at Bowling Green prior to Utah. Bowling Green is still running it and putting up tons of points. It will be interesting to see if the scheme works in the SEC. I have doubts.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY
    they should have given utah a shot at auburn, and made pitt and va tech play.

even though louisville-boise was a good game, i would have rather seen texas-louisville and cal-boise and give the non bcs teams a chance to knock off the big dogs.
    This is off topic, so bear with me, but your post gave me an idea for a twist on the dreaded BCS.

#1 and #2 still play each other for the trophy...but how about matching up the next 2 highest BCS schools with the 2 highest ranking non-BCS schools? For example, this year would've seen Utah vs Auburn in the sugar and Boise vs Texas in the Fiesta. A pipe dream, perhaps...but those matchups would've intrigued football fans everywhere.

+ Reply to Thread